Papa's Assassin - Chapter 6

Papa's Assassin

When the lunch bell rang, Woohyun glanced over at the tall boy who was already making his way out the door with his group of friends.  Woohyun quickly followed suit, only to bump into a student in the hallway.  The student stumbled and lost his balance.  He fell to the floor and his glasses slipped off his nose.  The stack of documents which he had been carrying in his arms, scattered around him.

"I'm so sorry," Woohyun quickly apologised as he gathered up the documents before handing it back to the student.

The student pushed back his glasses and smiled.  "It's not your fault," he replied.  "I'm just clumsy."

Woohyun was about to help the student up when another boy arrived at the scene.

"Dongwoo," the boy called out as he rushed over to help the student up.  "What are you doing on the floor?"

The student smiled at his friend.  "I tripped and fell," he declared with a smile.

The boy sighed in exasperation.  "That's not something to be proud of.  You're the president of the student council.  Please act like one."

"Ah, Hoya likes me serious, right?" the student asked before straightening himself up and putting on his serious face.  "Better?"

"Let's go," said the boy.

Dongwoo smiled at Woohyun before following his friend down the hallway.
 

Woohyun finally found the group in the cafeteria.  He approached their table and stood beside the tall boy who was seated on the end.  "Can we please talk?" Woohyun asked in an almost pleading manner.

Seeing the look on Woohyun's face, the tall boy smiled in delight before standing up from his seat.

"Hey, Sungyeol, what's going on?" one of his friends asked.

"Be back in a sec," the tall boy replied before following Woohyun.

Once they were out of sight, Woohyun turned around to face the tall boy behind him.  "Please don't tell anyone," he pleaded.

Sungyeol feigned ignorance.  "About what?" he asked with a smile.

Woohyun frowned in annoyance.  He knew the tall boy was toying with him.  "About what you saw last night."

"Oh, you mean about you going into a love hotel with an older man?" he exclaimed as if he had just recalled it at that moment.

Woohyun immediately stepped forward and clasped a hand over Sungyeol's mouth, hoping that no one had heard.

Sungyeol looked at Woohyun for a moment before pulling his hand away from his mouth.  "I just want to know why you're doing it," said Sungyeol.  "Are you that desperate for money?" 

Woohyun was quiet for a moment.  "I can't tell you," he finally replied.  "It's better that you pretend you never saw anything."

Sungyeol smirked.  "Well, that depends."

"What do you want?" Woohyun asked.

Sungyeol took a step closer.  "How far are you willing to go to keep it a secret?"