Papa's Assassin - Chapter 19

Papa's Assassin

Woohyun awoke a short time later to find himself lying in the infirmary with Sunggyu beside him.  It took him a moment to realise what he had said earlier and he started to panic.  He looked at Sunggyu, but the older man was calm as ever.

"Are you feeling better?" Sunggyu asked.

Woohyun tried to recall what had happen and how he had ended up here.  "Did you I pass out?"

Sunggyu nodded.  "You had me worried.  Have you not been sleeping well?"

Woohyun looked at the older man, expecting him to ask about what he had let slipped earlier.  "What I said..."

Sunggyu smiled.  "I'm not going to take the words of a delirious person seriously."

Woohyun looked at the older man who seemed too trusting towards him.  He could not bring himself to lie to this man anymore.  He had to tell him.

"Sunggyu," he began.  "There's something I have to tell you...about me."

Sunggyu gave Woohyun his full attention.  "What is it?"

Woohyun contemplated a moment.  "I'm a-"

The knock at the door interrupted them as they tuned their head to see student enter the room with a book in his hand.  Sungjong stopped at the door when he saw Woohyun on the bed and Sunggyu beside him.

"Sorry," Sungjong apolgised.  "Am I interrupting something?"


While walking home from school that afternoon, Woohyun felt as though he was being followed.  The moment he turned into an alley, he felt someone grab his arm from behind and pushed him against the wall.  He tried to struggle but his attacker kept a firm grip on him.

"Who are you?" Woohyun demanded as he tried to look back.

"It's not over yet," his attacker warned.  "Don't you dare go telling anyone about what you are.  Don't you dare jeopardise what we've worked so hard for."

With those words, Woohyun felt his attacker release his grip on him.  He quickly turned around but all he saw was the empty alley.


His phone buzzed.  He quickly answered it.

"It's the last one," informed the voice on the other line.  "You won't disappoint me, will you?"

"No, Papa," he replied.

"That's my boy."


He stood outside the room and knocked.

"Come in," the voice inside beckoned, like they always do.

He opened the door and stepped inside.  He looked around the room until he noticed a figure on the bed.  This one was so eager, he could not even wait.

"Strip," the old man ordered.  "I want to take a good look at you first."

He frowned but proceeded to do so.  He took off his jacket and then his shirt.  With each piece of clothing he discarded, he took a step closer towards the bed.  He noticed that the man became agitated as he approached closer.  He knew something was not right.  He drew out the knife concealed in his boots and rushed towards the bed.

The old man screamed for his life.  "Save me!"

He heard the bathroom door burst open.  He heard footsteps rushing towards him from behind.  At that moment, he knew that he had fallen into their trap but he was determined not to let his target escape. 

As he lowered the knife towards the man, he felt the nozzle of a gun at the back of his head.

"Drop it!" the voice behind him ordered.

He stood contemplating a moment before he dropped the knife in his hand.  He raise both hands in the air as if to surrender.  He then slowly turned around to face the one who had caught him.  The surprised look on his face quickly turned to anger when he saw the face of the one pointing the gun at him.

"So you're a cop."