Papa's Assassin - Chapter 5

Papa's Assassin

Seeing the boy on the ground, the man rushed to his side.  "Are you alright?" he asked the boy as he helped him up.  "What happened?  Who was that?"

The boy looked at the man and shook his head.

"You're bleeding," the man pointed out when he saw the palm of the boy's hand which had scraped against the concrete.

"I'm okay," the boy insisted.  "Just a scratch."

The man held the boy's hand and examined it.  He then took out a handkerchief and began wrapping it around the boy's hand.  "It needs to be cleaned and treated properly otherwise it'll get infected."

The boy smiled, seeing the man fuss over his small wound.  "I understand.  I'll do it when I get home," the boy replied.  "What are you doing here anyway, doctor?"

The man glanced at his car, parked hastily by the side of the road.  He had left the sleeping child in the back seat and rushed over the moment he caught sight of the boy in the alley.  "You left your umbrella in the car so I thought I'd better give it to you incase it started raining again," he explained.  "Just as well I came."

The boy smiled.  "I'm glad you did."

"Come on, I'll drive you home," the man insisted.  "There's no way I'm letting you walk home after what just happened."

The boy did not attempt to decline the offer as it did not look like the man was going to give in this time.  He nodded and followed the man to the car.

"Maybe we should stop by the hospital and get your hand looked at too," the man suggested.

"There's no need for that," said the boy.  Going to the hospital for such a minor injury was hardly worth it.  "It's not that serious.  I can take care of it."


The moment he arrived home, his phone beeped in his pocket.  He glanced at the name of the sender.  His eyes turned a darker shade as he read the message.


It was several hours after midnight when the group of boys exited the night club.  They loitered about at the front of the club as one of them began vomiting everything that he had drank earlier.  His friends laughed while another boy lit up a cigarette and turned his attention away from the scene.

He glanced aimlessly down the almost empty street until his eyes caught sight of two figures entering a hotel.  He was sure he recognised the younger person but the much older man had him guessing.  A smile of intrigue appeared on his lips.


Students rushed through the school gates the next morning, hoping to beat the morning bell.  He hurried his pace and made it through just as the bell rang.  He sighed in relief as he began to make his way to class.  He caught sight of a tall figure up ahead.  Whilst everyone else was rushing to class, the tall boy stood still as if waiting for someone.  He ignored the boy and walked by, only to be stopped by the boy's words.

"Did you have fun last night?" the tall boy asked.  "With that old man?"

His eyes widened in surprise upon hearing the tall boy's words.

The tall boy smirked, seeing his reaction.  "And here I thought you were just a boring guy."

"You...what did you-"

"You're an interesting guy, Nam Woohyun," the tall boy remarked before heading off to class.

He stood with a frown upon his face as he watched the tall boy's figure disappear into the distance.