Papa's Assassin - Chapter 15

Papa's Assassin

Upon removing the boy's shirt, the figure frowned when he saw blood gushing out from the knife wound in the boy's side.  Sure, he thought that the boy was a bother but he had to admit, the boy's willpower was pretty strong for him to keep quiet with such a deep wound.  He might have underestimated the boy after all.

He carefully cleaned the boy's wound before bandaging it up.  He changed the boy out of his blood stained clothes and dressed him in new clothes.  Thankfully, they were about the same size.

He stood and looked at the boy for a moment before he heard his phone buzz in his pocket.  He glanced at the name of the caller before answering it.

"How is he?" the voice asked.

He glanced at the boy on the bed.  "He'll live."

A sigh of relief could be heard from the other end.

"This is why I don't like greenhorns," he continued with a hint of irritation in his voice.  "Now I even have to babysit."  He paused a moment in contemplation.  "But, he is a tough one."

"Look after him."

Just as the call ended, he heard the boy groaning in his sleep.  He walked over to the bed and placed a hand over the boy's forehead to check his temperature.  When he was about to withdraw his hand, the boy immediately grabbed hold of it. 

"Sunggyu..." the boy murmured in his sleep.

He let out a disappointed sigh.  "You like that doctor?"

The boy gripped his hand tighter as if afraid to let go.  "Sunggyu, I'm sorry..."

He waited until the boy drifted back into a deep sleep before he slowly pulled back his hand.  "Just as well you're not a student," he said before leaving the room.


In the middle of the night, a group of youths loitered at a deserted park, still in shock at what they had done.  They had fled the scene the moment they realised that they had knocked down a man.

"Do you think he's dead?" one of them asked.

"It's his fault for interfering," replied another.  "I mean, what was he doing there anyway?"

"What if he tells the school about us?" a third interjected.

There was a brief moment of silence as they pondered what to do.

"I thought I heard him call that doctor's name," a fourth spoke.  "A student calling a school staff member by their name is not normal.  Plus, why would he run in and protect him like that?  There's definitely something going on there."

The rest of the group nodded in agreement. 

"That would explain why they were there together."

"What do you think would happen if we tell the school about them first?"

"Do you think you would get the chance to do that?" a voice interrupted them.

Startled, the group turned their heads in the direction of the voice.  Their eyes widened in surprise.


When police discovered the beaten and bloodied bodies of the youths the next morning, they had expected the worse.  Despite being beaten to the brink of death, they were still breathing.  Barely.