Papa's Assassin - Chapter 17

Papa's Assassin

Woohyun stared at Myungsoo, noticing the irritated frown on the other boy's face.  He wondered if it was because of him.  He knew that the boy did not like him from the first moment they met.  He waited for the boy to scold him or make some smart remark but the boy did no such thing.

Without a word, Myungsoo released his grip on Woohyun's arm and started to walk away, much to Woohyun's surprise.  Woohyun quickly ran after the boy.

"Wait!" he called out.

Upon hearing Woohyun's voice, Myungsoo stopped as if waiting for the boy to catch up.

Woohyun was surprised that the boy had stopped.  "Thank you."

Myungsoo looked at him for a moment then continued on.  Woohyun looked on until he felt his phone buzz in his pocket.  He glanced at the name of the caller and answered the call.


"I know you love having fun but this time is a little different," spoke the voice.  "Do you think you can handle it or should I get the others to do it?"

"Papa, are you understanding me?" he asked in an offended tone.  "No matter the circumstances, I will get it done."

"That's my boy."


Later that night, a lone figure quietly entered the room.  He carefully approached the bed where the patient lay sleeping soundly.  He stood in silence as he looked at the sleeping figure's face.  After a moment, he slowly leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on those lips.

Feeling the touch of someone's lips against his won, Sunggyu slowly opened his eyes.  He was surprised to find Woohyun staring back at him, their lips still locked in a kiss.

When he saw that the older man had woken up, Woohyun tried to pull away but Sunggyu wrapped his arms around the boy and pulled him down onto the bed.  Woohyun fell on top of Sunggyu, their bodies pressed against each other.  Woohyun attempted to resist but the temptation was too much.  All his concerns were cast aside as they locked lips in a passionate kiss.

Outside the door, a figure stood with a frown upon his face.  He did not have to guess to know what was going on inside the room.  The heavy breathing of sounds of kissing was enough to let him know.  Letting out a deep sigh, he walked away.


After a heated moment, the pair finally pulled apart to catch their breath.

"Your wife is beautiful," said Woohyun after a moment's hesitation.

Sunggyu frowned, wondering when the two had met.  "When did you..." He paused a moment when he realised what Woohyun might have witnessed.  "You saw?"

A bitter smile appeared on Woohyun's lips as he recalled seeing the pair kiss earlier.  "I have to go."

"Wait!  Woohyun!" Sunggyu called out after him but the boy quickly left the room without a second glance.


He jolted awake when he heard the sound of the door opening.  He did not know when he had drifted off to sleep.  He looked towards the door and saw a doctor in a surgical mask entering the room.

"I need to take some blood samples," said the doctor.

He nodded and stepped aside as the doctor pulled the curtains to allow the patient some privacy.

A short moment later, the doctor emerged from behind the closed curtains and took his leave.  Once the doctor left, he opened the curtains to find the patient on the bed.  It was not until he sat down beside the bed once again that he realised that the patient was not breathing.

"Grandfather!"


He took off the surgical mask and white coat and disposed of them in the laundry basket as he passed through the corridor of the hospital.  He took out his phone and dialled.

"It's done.  He's dead."

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Anyone want to guess what's going on?