Papa's Assassin - Chapter 11

Papa's Assassin

After a brief moment, Woohyun broke away from the kiss and pulled back.  He did not know what had come over him to cause him to do something so absurd.  He could feel his face blushing red with embarrassment.  He wished that a hole would just swallow him up so he would not have to deal with the consequences of his actions.

Avoiding the older man's eyes, Woohyun quickly turned to leave, wanting to disappear that instant.  Just as he reached for the door, a hand grabbed his wrist, pulling him back.  He turned his head to face Sunggyu.

Their eyes locked on each other.  Without a word, Sunggyu leaned in and slowly claimed the boy's lips in a soft and gentle kiss.  Woohyun froze in shock.  This was not supposed to happen.  This was not part of the plan.  And yet, he did not resist. 

Woohyun closed his eyes and indulged in the moment.  Sensing that Woohyun was reciprocating his advances, Sunggyu wrapped his arms around the boy and pressed their bodies together.  It seemed neither remembered where they were, nor did they care.

At that moment, only the two of them existed.  All they could hear was their ragged breathing as their kiss deepened.  Nothing else mattered until they heard a knock at the door.

It was only then did they come back to their senses.

Woohyun opened his eyes and looked at Sunggyu.  Both gasped for breath as they looked towards the door in panic.

"Doctor Kim," a voice called out from the other side.

Woohyun turned to look at Sunggyu.  "I should get to class."

He opened the door and found a thin and pale student standing there with a book in his hand.  The student looked at Woohyun and then at Sunggyu, both looking ever so guilty.  Without a word, Woohyun quickly walked away.

"Sungjong, skipping class again?" Sunggyu asked.

The student nodded.  "Can I stay for a bit?" he asked.  "I don't like doing PE."

Sunggyu nodded. 

The boy walked over and lay down on one of the beds and began to read the book in his hands.

"I'm going to go get a coffee," said Sunggyu.  "Will you be alright by yourself?"

The boy nodded, his eyes glued on the book in front of him.


Woohyun hurried through the hallway realising that he was too occupied to even hear the first bell ring.  He was now late for class.  As he turned the corner, he was confronted by a group of boys.  He recognised them as the bullies from this morning.  It seemed they were waiting for him.  Woohyun stepped his pace as they approached him.

"After school, behind the school building," one of them said as they passed each other.

Woohyun sighed.  He knew what that meant.