Our Tomorrow

EXO Next Door

A/N: Recommended song: Our Tomorrow by Luhan. Words in Italics are Baekhyun's thought. Words in Italics are Baekhyun's dream. Sorry for updating late. I participated in a singing contest and a cooking contest at my school so I was really busy. Sorry :<

 


Baekhyun takes a deep breath before answering the girls. He suddenly pulls Kyungsoo into his laps. The girls widen their eyes. Chanyeol too.

"This is Do Kyungsoo, the one I love, unreqitedly love."


Kyungsoo can't believe in his ears anymore. What did Baekhyun just say? He says that he l...o...v...e...s Kyungsoo? Impossible...How can he love someone who is unemployed and lives by inheritance money like Kyungsoo? Never, for a million times. A superstar like Byun Baekhyun should love someone who is well-matched with him like YoonA, Eunji or Suzy. Moreover, Kyungsoo is a man. Kyungsoo knows that Obama has allowed gay marriage for months but this is not right. One side is a big beautiful shinning star, one side is an ugly and boring meteor. A meteor can never go well with a beautiful star. In addition, in this emergency situation, maybe Baekhyun is just lying to the girls. Although Kyungsoo is trying to reject Baekhyun's feeling, his heart wants to explode. Rainbow and Lay hyung's unicorns appear. Do Kyungsoo is happy to death right now. Two big pink spots appear on Kyungsoo's cheeks. He widens his eyes so wide that they're going to pop out at anytime.

"What...?" - the girls are sweating.

"I'm not gonna repeat it again. STAY AWAY FROM KYUNGSOO or you are going to pay the price." - Baekhyun emphasizes his words.

"Yes yes yes...! We promise! There will be no next time!" - the girls down on their knees and cry.

Baekhyun nods and takes Kyungsoo outside. No sooner had they walked out from the warehouse than Baekhyun collapsed on the ground. Kyungsoo immediately pulls Baekhyun up and wrap Baekhyun's arm around his neck. Chanyeol, who is standing behind the door, runs out and helps Kyungsoo. 

"Chanyeol? You're here too?" - Kyungsoo surprises.

"Yeah...What's wrong with Bacon?" - Chanyeol wrap the other arm of Baekhyun around his neck.

"He fought with the guards...To save me from the girls..."

"Oh great...Now we have to take him to the hospital."

"Let's go! We have to hurry!"

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol carry Baekhyun to the hospital. They run with the speed of lightning. This is an emergency.


Happy dreams. Everyone want to dream a happy and beautiful dream. I dreamt a happy dream.

Morning

Baekhyun is sleeping soundly on his bed. Sun shines on his angelic face. 

*Bobo!*

Someone bends down and gently kisses on his cheeks.He slowly opens his eyes and stares at that person or his official wife.

"Morning. Wake up, honey."

Baekhyun smiles happily. He grabs his wife's wrist and pulls down on the bed. He hugs his wife tightly.

"Kyungsoo ah~" - he says.

"What's wrong with you? Wake up! You're going to be late for your schedule!" - Kyungsoo tries to escape but in vain.

"I don't care. Just stay still and listen to what I'm going to say here."

Kyungsoo lets out a small laugh. He nods.

"Kyungsoo ah~ This is not a dream right?"

"Uhm. Even if this was a dream, it would be a beautiful dream."

"Yeah. I would never want to wake up. Kyungsoo ah~"

"Yes?"

"Let's stay together like this forever. Can you do it?"

"Idiot! Of course we're going to stay together forever. Because we are a couple."

"Yeah, we are." - Baekhyun says and kisses on Kyungsoo's forehead.

"Enough. Wake up now!" - Kyungsoo sits up.

"No. Before going to work, I have some morning exercise to do." - Baekhyun pulls Kyungsoo down on the bed and cover the two of them with the blanket.

"Not now! You're gonna late..." - Kyungsoo talks back but he is stopped by his husband's lips.

"It's okay. I'm the top star. Everyone has to wait for me. Now I have to do my morning exercise."

Spring romance blooms.

Noon

Kyungsoo is cooking lunch. Today menu are kimchi spaghetti and Baekhyun's favorite strawberry ice-cream. It's 1:30 P.M now and Baekhyun has just got back from his work. 

Kyungsoo is cutting some vegetable then someone suddenly hugs him from behind. Gently.

"Baekkie, let me off!" - he frowns.

"Can't I just hug my wife a little bit? I've just got back from work and I miss my wife so much." - Baekhyun pouts.

"Shut your cheesy words up."

Kyungsoo is still heartless as usual. Baekhyun hugs him more tightly and leans his chin on Kyungsoo's shoulder, absorbing the gentle mint fragrant from Kyungsoo's hair. Kyungsoo smiles and places on Baekhyun's hands which are hugging him. Their hands lock to each other. The silver rings on their fingers shine brightly.

"Okay. I'll give you some seconds."

"I love you, bae!"

And they stand in the kitchen, hugging each other for mintues. Sweet.

Afternoon

Kyungsoo takes out his bicycle from the garage and rides to the kindergarten. He has to pick little Sehunnie and Luhannie up. They're sons of his and Baekhyun, adopted one. Kyungsoo stops in front of the kindergarten. Suho, the nanny walks out and greets him.

"Hi, Do Kyungsoo! You come to pick Luhan and Sehun up?"

"Yes. And I'm not Do Kyungsoo."

"Right...You're Byun Kyungsoo now."

Suho smiles and walks back into his class. He leads Luhan and Sehun out.

"Your mama has come to pick you up. Bye for now, Luhannie, Sehunnie." - Suho bends down.

"Goodbye, Su Su!" - Luhan waves at his nanny while Sehun is still in silence, his thumb.

"Thanks, Suho. I'm going now." - Kyungsoo smiles.

"Bye! Go home safe!"

Kyungsoo waves at Suho then turns to his two angels. He put Luhan on the back seat and Sehun in the front basket. He happily rides back home, singing "Lucky".

*Ding dong!*

The bell rings. Baekhyun opens the door and his two angels runs into the house.

"Daddy!" - Luhan hugs his dad's neck when Sehun hugs his dad's leg.

"We're home." - Kyungsoo says.

"Lu Lu! Hun Hun! How was your day?" - Baekhyun pinches his sons' cheeks.

"Awesome! Su Su baked us chocolate cookie!" - Luhan takes out a bag of cookie from his backpack.

"Su Su bought banana milk for me." - Sehun says while his tiny thumb.

"Awwww~ How sweet~ " - Baekhyun turns to Kyungsoo - "And you, my bae?"

"Shut up." - Kyungsoo coldly says and walks to the kitchen - "Give the kids a shower then feed them snack. I'm making dinner."

"Yes sir!"

Evening

The Byun household is having dinner. There is fried fish with boiled broccoli and tofu soup. Baekhyun sits next to Kyungsoo while Luhan sits next to his brother. Sehun eats everything except boiled broccoli. Luhan notices this. He grabs the broccoli and puts it into Sehun's bowl. Sehun immediately tosses it out.

"Eat vegetable too! Do not eat only fish!" - Luhan says.

"No!" - Sehun shakes his head.

"Eat it now!"

"No!"

"Eat!" 

"No!"

The meal becomes a war between Luhan and Sehun. Luhan gets a full spoon of broccoli an stuffs it into Sehun's mouth. Sehun spits it out and cries out loud. He is so angry with his brother that he punches into his brother's feminine face. Now it's Luhan's turn to cry. The brothers burst into tears.

"Daddy! Luhan hyung bullies me!" - Sehun screams.

"Soo mama! Sehunnie hits me!" - Luhan rubs his eyes.

"Kids...Stop crying..." - Baekhyun tries to cool down the atmosphere but in vain.

"Luhan! Sehun! Stop crying or mama won't buy you snack anymore!" - Kyungsoo widens his eyes and threatens the kids. Luhan and Sehun stop crying immediately. Kyungsoo continues - "Lu Lu, don't force your brother violently like that. Hun Hun, don't eat only meat, eat vegetable too."

"Yes...Soo mama..." - Luhan and Sehun keep their heads down.

"Good kids!" - Baekhyun smiles.

Happiness delight.

Night

The kids have gone to bed. Only Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are in the big bedroom. Baekhyun is wrapping Kyungsoo with his arm, hugging him tightly. They are reading a book together under the dim light of the lamp.

"Once upon a time, there was a ceramic rabbit named Edward. Edward was told a fairy tale by his owner's grandmother. The story was about a princess who was as beautiful as the sparkling stars at night. Edward repeat this sentence again and again "As beautiful as the sparkling stars at night."...Open your heart, someone will come. Someone will come to you. But first, you have to open your heart. No. Don't believe it. You can't believe it. But it was too late. The ceramic doll's heart has started to open again." - Baekhyun reads the story but then suddenly closed the book - "That's for today."

"Why? I want to read more." - Kyungsoo pouts.

"Oh bae, I want more too but I have schedule tomorrow and you have to go to work early. So let's just go to sleep, okay? We'll continue tomorrow night."

"Okay."

Kyungsoo smiles, presses his face against Baekhyun's chest and closes is eyes in happiness. Baekhyun turns off the light and hugs Kyungsoo to sleep. Warmth.

That was such a happy dream that I wanted to cry. But then I realize that the happy dream makes me feel even more miserable when I wake up. I first place, I shouldn't have dreamt a happy dream.


Baekhyun ah!

.

.

Baekhyun!

.

.

BYUN BAEKHYUN!

.

.

Someone calls Baekhyun. Baekhyun wakes up and slowly opens his eyes. He is in a strange room. Everything is white. Ceramic wall. Disinfectant smell. Hospital. Baekhyun is at the hospital. But why is he here? Oh yes...He fainted after had been fighting with the guards and the fan girls. He had saved Kyungsoo from them...Kyungsoo! Where is Kyungsoo now? Is he okay? Baekhyun looks around to find Kyungsoo. He turns to his right and sees a squishy boy is sitting next to his bed. His eyes are full of tears. His hair is a mess and there are some bandages on his body.

"Kyungsoo..." - Baekhyun tries to sit up.

"Baekhyun! No, don't sit up. You haven't recovered yet!" - Kyungsoo wipes his tears.

"You carried me to the hospital?"

"Uhm."

"Why are you here too? Why don't you come home?"

"Idiot! How can I leave you here alone? You got hurt." - Kyungsoo points at Baekhyun's hand.

"But you hate me..."

"Stop talking nonsense."

"Kyungsoo ah...The confession that I told you earlier...It was my true feeling...I mean I like you for real...No, I mean..."

"I know." - Kyungsoo smiles.

"But you don't have to reply it. You can refuse it."

"...Why...?" - Kyungsoo smiles disappears.

"When you refuse it, I definitely know the know the reason. I know, if you agree to date me, you'll get into a lot of troubles. You see, you were just hanging out with us but the fan girls have turned you into this. I don't want you to get hurt again and also, to gain too much pressure. You can leave me here and come to someone who is better than me. Don't worry about me. One-side love is fine. I can handle it."

"Baekhyun ah..."

"The problem has been solved. You now can return to your house."

"...What about you...?"

"I'll try to erase this wrong feeling for you. I'll pretend that I don't know you. We'll return to where we began, strangers."

"...Can we be friends or enemies like before...?"

"I guess...no..."

Baekhyun says and turns away. Kyungsoo suddenly wants to cry. He takes a deep breath and walks out of the room. Chanyeol is waiting outside. By looking at Kyungsoo's condition, Chanyeol can tell what has just happened in that room.

"What's wrong?" - he asks.

Kyungsoo says nothing. He bursts into tears. He leans on Chanyeol's shoulder and cries. Chanyeol sighs and pats on Kyungsoo's back, non-stop appeasing him.

"I know. I understand. It's alright. There will be a second chance."


Day passes. Kyungsoo has returned to his home. But he is unhappy. He has to face Baekhyun everyday and pretend that they are strangers. It's very difficult and it hurts very much. Kyungsoo misses him. Kyungsoo wants to come to him, hugs him tightly and whispers to him some sweet words. Although Baekhyun is really close but Kyungsoo feels like millions miles apart. Finally, Kyungsoo has admitted to himself his feeling for Baekhyun. He likes Baekhyun. Really like.

9:00 P.M...

"Okay, let's do this. Byun Baekhyun, you're completely not my style. You're a llama. You talk like a jerk. You're a complete bastard, the worst I've ever seen! You're not as tall as Chanyeol or Kai or Sehun or Kris. You're more feminine that Luhan. You're not as caring as Suho. You're not cute like Xiumin. You cannot troll people like Chen does. You don't have the healing power like Lay and you scream even more like a girl than Tao!" 

Kyungsoo talks to himself while standing at the balcony. That's right. Do Kyungsoo has decided to erase Byun Baekhyun from his mind since this moment. From now on, they're completely strangers.

The next day. Kyungsoo meets Baekhyun at the elevator. They even don't greet each other.They just stand in silence for minutes. The next next day and the next next next day, they often face each other around the building but their attitudes are completely for strangers. Like I said, they're strangers now.

At the outside, although both of Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are denying their feeling for each other but on the inside, their hearts are broken. Kyungsoo cries every night. He can't sleep. Baekhyun skips meals everyday which makes his health goes badly. He doesn't have enough energy to perform.


6:00 P.M / 06-05 / EXO-Love Concert in Seoul...

EXO is getting ready for the concert. 15 minutes left. Most of the members are checking their costume, make-up and microphone. Only Baekhyun is sitting alone, in front of the make-up desk. His face is pale, haggard and lifeless.

"Baekhyun ah, eat something. You must gain energy before performing." - Luhan gives Baekhyun a lunchbox.

"No...Hyung, I don't wanna eat..." - Baekhyun answers quietly.

"Look. This is kimchi spaghetti, the one that Kyungsoo usually makes for you. You love it very much."

"...Used to love...Since it's Kyungsoo's food...I even don't wanna eat more..."

"Liar."

Luhan sighs and walks away. Baekhyun pushes the lunch box aside. Suddenly, he feels dizzy. Everything are spinning around. He falls on the floor and things get darker...darker...darker...

Seoul Hospital...

Baekhyun was brought to the hospital. He was diagnosed with gastrointestinal disorder due to skipping meals. Now, Baekhyun has waken up but he wants to be alone. Chanyeol and Kai are standing outside. Someone comes. It's Kyungsoo. Chanyeol has called him.

"Where's Baekhyun?" - Kyungsoo gasps.

"He's inside." - Chanyeol replies.

"Hyung, you want to meet him? But you two have..." - Kai asks softly.

"I know. But how can I leave him? He's seriously ill...because of me."

Kyungsoo says and steps into the room. Kai sighs. He's the looser, again.

In the room, Baekhyun is laying on the bed. A needle which links to a bag of nutrient solution, is pricked into his wrist. He is playing with his phone, not notice that Kyungsoo has been standing beside him for minutes. 

"Baekhyun ah..." - Kyungsoo stutters.

"Kyungsoo?" - Baekhyun drops his phone.

"You're seriously ill...What happened?"

"Don't come here. You're going to be infected."

"Stop talking nonsense. Gastrointestinal disorder is not infectious." 

"What are you doing here?"

"I come to see you."

"Why? We're strangers.Go home. Leave me alone."

"Byun Baekhyun, do you know that you're a bastard?"

"What?"

"How can you say those words without caring about my feeling? I'm very sad and heartbreaking. Maybe you're not but I am. I like you, Baekhyun ah! And I'm not gonna come to anyone else!" - Kyungsoo bursts into tears.

"Kyungsoo, I..."

"Don't interrupt me! I haven't done yet! Do you know that I miss you very much? Do know that I care about you a lot? I tried to pretend that we're strangers but I couldn't. Those happy memories kept calling back. It made me sick. I know that you're at the hospital because of me. You skipped meals because of me. I don't want you to be like this...I don't care if I get into troubles and I don't care if I get hurt. As long as I'm with you, everything are fine. So you don't have to worry about me again. And one-side love is . You can't handle it."

"So...what do you want me to do now?"

"I...I don't know. I'm really confused now."

"Let me find you a solution for your confusion."

"What do you mean?"

"Date me."


Chanyeol and Kai are waiting outside. They see Baekhyun and Kyungsoo walk out from the room.

"You're already discharged?" - Chanyeol asks.

"Yeah." - Baekhyun smiles.

"Should I call you a taxi, hyung?" - Kai takes out his phone.

"It's okay. I'll go with Kyungsoo."

Baekhyun says and leaves the hospital with Kyungsoo. Kai stands in silence. Chanyeol grabs his shoulder.

"People tell us not to give up on someone. But sometimes we have to. Because someone doesn't belong to us. It's destiny. You can't win it."

11:00 P.M / Myeon-Dong Avenue...

It's late already and all of the shops have closed. No one is on the street. Street lamps shine brightly. The spring atmosphere is so comfortable. Far away, there is couple strolling, hand in hand.

"Can I ask you a question?" - Kyungsoo turns to Baekhyun.

"What is it?"

"When did you started to like me?"

"I don't know...Maybe chapter 5? When the fan girls sent you the bloody photo, you were frightened and I took you to my house. I said I would help you and you smiled at me. That moment, I think I saw a pair of angel wings on your shoulder and I even heard Gee in my head."

"How sweet of you."

"And you? When did you started to like me?"

"When you showed me the February snow. It was great."

"Xiumin hyung did it, not me."

"I know. Can I ask you another question?"

"What?"

"Today is your birthday, isn't it?"

"Uhm."

"I forgot the present. Sorry."

"It's okay. You're my present." - Baekhyun pinched Kyungsoo's cheeks.

"Cheesy. Can I ask...."

Kyungsoo is about to ask another question but Baekhyun has stopped him by covering his mouth with his hand.

"Too many questions. Leave them for tomorrow."

Baekhyun smiles and lets go his hand. Kyungsoo pouts. His eyes keep blinking. Too cute. Baekhyun lets out a small laugh and leans close to Kyungsoo's face. Kyungsoo quickly realizes what Baekhyun is going to do. He immediately covers his mouth.

"What are you doing? Are we acting "Pinocchio"?" - Baekhyun asks and Kyungsoo shakes his head. Baekhyun continues - "Then let go your hand. I'm not going to do anything bad."

Kyungsoo natively drops his hand. The moment Kyungsoo has just dropped his hand, Baekhyun quickly takes the opportunity. He immediately leans closer and places his lips on Kyungsoo's heart-shaped lips. They are kissing each other under the starry night sky. Spring romance blooms. 

The ceramic doll's heart has started to open again.