Rooftop Prince

EXO Next Door

A/N: Sorry for updating late :) Schoolwork is so y! In this chapter, my suggested song for you guys is "Baby Don't Cry" - EXO.


1615, Joseon Dynasty...

There was a king who named Park Chanyeol. He reigned Korea with all of his heart and his life. He was loved by the people because of his cleverness and of course, his handsome appearance. Every young ladies would fall for Chanyeol for the first time they meet him. But there was someone who was more famous than Chanyeol. It was Chanyeol's step brother, prince Byun Baekhyun. Baekhyun wasn't as talented as his brother but speaking of appearance, Baekhyun was much more handsome than his brother. His smile was gold, his looks were diamond, his words were pearl and flower. He was the king in every girls' heart. He could kill a girl just by looking at her. Girls wanted to be his wife, boys wanted to be his body guard. In a word, the ChanBaek brothers were gods.

One day, in a beautiful and fresh morning, at Gyeongbokgung palace...

A young man was sleeping soundly on his bed. He was a good-looking guy. He had black hair, fair skin and heart-shaped lips. The sun shone into his face made him wake up. He slowly opened his eyes and looked around. Suddenly...

"Ahhhhhhh...! What happened to me?"

The vizier who was walking outside heard the scream came from the room. He quickly ran to the room and stormed in.

"Kyungsoo! Are you ok?" - he asked.

"Xiumin hyung? Why are you wearing historical clothes? And why I am at Gyeongbokgung palace?" - Kyungsoo was confused.

"What are you talking about? Who is Xiumin? I'm Kim Minseok."

"Kim Minseok?"

"I'm your step brother. Stop talking nonsense. Get up and take a shower now. We're having a meeting with king Chanyeol today."

"Chanyeol? King? Hyung, what year is it now?"

"1615."

Minseok sighed and pushed Kyungsoo to the bathroom. Kyungsoo tried to figure out everything. He was at Gyeongbokgung palace, where kings and their royal families lived. He was wearing historical clothes, Minseok hyung too. And Chanyeol was the king. Ok, this was getting crazy. Maybe Kyungsoo had traveled to the past. He was in Joseon dynasty. Well, obliviously, Do Kyungsoo had traveled back to 400 years ago. Chanyeol was the king and Minseok was the vizier. This was .

Kyungsoo took a shower, changed his clothes and went outside. He wore a blue outfit with golden dragon pattern. He had a blue cloth tied around his head. Lastly, he hid a dagger in the sleeve to prevent bad things happen. Minseok was waiting for him at the garden. The garden was incredible. There were a lot of beautiful trees and rocks. The grass was green. The carps in the pool were swimming. The birds were singing. The flowers were blooming. Kyungsoo liked this scenery.

"Let's go." - said Minseok.

"Go where?"

"To the king's palace. I'm going to introduce you to him since you're my new step brother."

"Oh, okay."

Kyungsoo nodded and followed Minseok. On the way, Kyungsoo looked around. Everything were plated gold, including polls, hammocks and benches. The gate was red and huge. Guards everywhere. Kyungsoo felt a little bit awkward but it was fine. Minseok and Kyungsoo reached the king's place. The place was enormous. Maids stood along the aisle. They bowed when Minseok and Kyungsoo walked pass. Two guards opened a big door for Minseok and Kyungsoo. They bowed too.

"The king is waiting for you inside, sir." - a guard said.

"Ok. Thanks for your information."

Minseok smiled and led his brother inside. The guards and maids inside the palace bowed at them. Minseok and Kyungsoo were told to settle down on a gold-plated couch. They waited for about 3 minutes then a tall guy came out from behind the red brocade curtain. He wore a red outfit with golden dragon pattern. On his head is a black hat. No need to say, he was the king. He looks like Chanyeol, Kyungsoo thought. But he was Chanyeol. Chanyeol walked out while six maids were following him behind. He sat down on a couch which was opposite Minseok's. The maids came and prepared the tea. 

"Good morning, your majesty. Hope you have a good day." - Minseok and Kyungsoo both bowed.

"Good morning, vizier. I'm glad to see you here. Who is this young man?" - Chanyeol pointed at Kyungsoo.

"He is my new step brother. He was the valedictorian in the national exam last month, your majesty." - Minseok replied.

"Valedictorian, I see. What is his name?"

"Kyungsoo, Do Kyungsoo, your majesty."

"Nice name. Kyungsoo, you've been the valedictorian in the recent exam and I know it is not easy to be first. You are deserved to receive my reward."

"Errrrm...Thank you...your majesty...." - Kyungsoo stammered. He felt strange when he had to call his roommate "majesty".

"You're really polite. My reward for you is having breakfast with me and my brother. What do you say, Kyungsoo?" - Chanyeol smiled.

"I...."

"Absolutely, your majesty. He would be very grateful to have breakfast with you and your brother, your majesty." - Minseok stole Kyungsoo's words.

"Great! Let's go to the dinning room."

Chanyeol stood up and went to the dinning room with his maids. Minseok and Kyungsoo bowed then followed Chanyeol. 

"Hyung, why do we have to have breakfast with Chanyeol?" - Kyungsoo whispered to his brother.

"Stupid kid! Having breakfast with the king is such a great honor that you could never dream of. And do not call the king by his name."

"But he is Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol!"

"Stop it! If you ever call his name again, I will throw you into the warehouse."

Kyungsoo gulped and followed his hyung. Although he wasn't dare to say a word but in his mind, he was screaming "He is Chanyeol! He is Park Chanyeol, EXO's main rapper, vitamin and happy virus! It's the Yoda! Damn it!"

Chanyeol, Minseok and Kyungsoo came to the dinning room. This room was big and plated gold. The trays were gold and the bowls were silver. The chopsticks and spoons were jeweled. Bonsai trees were placed on the chests. The floor was covered with bamboo mat. In the center of the room was the dinning table. The table was plated gold. The cushions was brocade and velvet. Kyungsoo didn't know that Chanyeol was so rich like this. Well, usually, Suho is the richest.

"Sit down, you two." - Chanyeol said and sat down on the cushion.

Minseok and Kyungsoo bowed again and sat down on the cushions. Chanyeol turned to one of his maid and told her to invite the prince to have breakfast with him. The maid obeyed and went to the prince's room. Minutes later, the prince showed up.

"Kyungsoo, this is my step brother. He is the prince, Byun Baekhyun."

Kyungsoo was drinking tea but when he heard the name "Byun Baekhyun", he almost spilled the tea out. He pinched his arm and it was hurt badly. Kyungsoo wasn't dreaming. Kyungsoo took a deep breath before looking at the prince. He opened his eyes as wide as the moon and tried to keep his fake smile. Kyungsoo finally witnessed the prince's appearance. The prince wore a yellow and purple outfit. He had a big black tall weird hat on his head. He got fair skin, red lips, pinky cheeks, V-line face. Oh life! He was Byun Baekhyun for real. Why that 174cm was here? Why he was the prince? Why he was Chanyeol's step brother? Why Kyungsoo had to have breakfast with that bastard? Damn, why was he so charming? Why Baekhyun in historical clothes looked much more angelic than casual clothes? Why was he smiling at Kyungsoo like that? Why was Kyungsoo's heart beating so fast? Why Kyungsoo suddenly had such a strange feeling? 

"Good morning. Why are you looking at me like that?" - asked Baekhyun.

"I...I..." - Kyungsoo stammered.

"Forgive him, please. This is the first time he has come to the palace." - Minseok bowed.

"It's okay. Let's have breakfast." - Chanyeol suggested.

The maid quickly set the table. There was stewed chicken soup with ginseng and rice for breakfast. In his whole life, Kyungsoo had never eaten breakfast this much before. He always had egg roll kimbab with kimchi. The soup looked so delicious. Kyungsoo widened his eyes as he saw those fat chicken legs. He started drooling. Baekhyun noticed Kyungsoo's attitude and giggled.

"Shall we eat now?" - Baekhyun picked up his spoon - "Someone is drooling."

Everyone started eating. Chanyeol sat opposite Minseok. While eating, they talked about politic and economy, the things that no one could understand. Baekhyun sighed because of boredom. He put down his spoon and looked up. He saw a person who was sitting opposite him, eating like he had been starving for days. He kept focusing on his food and didn't care about the feudatory rules anymore. Baekhyun caused a small laugh. He grabbed his chopsticks and picked a delicious chicken leg. He put it down on Kyungsoo's bowl. Kyungsoo surprised and starred at the prince.

"For you. Have a good meal." - Baekhyun smiled.

"Thank you...sir..." - Kyungsoo bowed.

"You don't have to be that serious. May I know your name?"

"Kyungsoo...Do Kyungsoo...sir."

"Nice name. I heard that you were the valedictorian in the national exam last month. Congratulation!"

"Thank you sir..."

"By looking at you, I can guess that you're at the same age at me. Moreover, we're both step brothers. Can we be friend?"

"Errrrrm...I don't know...sir."

"You're so shy. You need friends to be more confident."

"Well...ok...I guess we can be friend."

"Great! Don't call me "sir". I hate that word. I prefer my real name, Baekhyun, or just "Baek" is fine."

Kyungsoo nodded. Baekhyun spotted a wart on Kyungsoo's lips. He leaned closer and wiped the wart out. The moment Baekhyun touched the lips, Kyungsoo's face immediately turned red as a tomato. He quickly turned away and avoided eye contact with the super handsome prince.

"So, how it's going, you two?" - Chanyeol suddenly asked.

"Very good, hyung! We're friend now!" - Baekhyun grabbed Kyungsoo's shoulder and pulled him into his lap. Kyungsoo's face was facing Baekhyun's chest and he could smell the gentle fragrance came from the prince's body. Kyungsoo blushed again.

"Good for you, Kyungsoo." - Minseok laughed.

The four of them finished eating. Chanyeol and Minseok had a meeting with the courtiers. Baekhyun "borrowed" Kyungsoo from Minseok. Kyungsoo tried to escape but he failed. The prince kept pulling him around the garden and showed him nonsense things, from a big tree to a tiny rock.

"Kyungsoo ah, why do you look so unhappy?" - asked Baekhyun.

"I'm tired. I wanna go home. I don't want to be here anymore." - Kyungsoo pouted.

"You don't want to be with me?"

"No...It's not that I don't want to be with you. It's just I'm tired and I want to relax."

"Oh, I see. So let's go home."

Kyungsoo nodded. He was about to take a step forward then he fell down on the stair in front of him. He didn't notice the stair. Kyungsoo fell down and rolled over. Baekhyun chuckled and walked to his fellow. He kneeled down.

"Are you ok?" - he asked while showing his gummy smile.

"You knew this, right? You knew that there was a stair in front of me but you didn't tell me." - Kyungsoo groaned.

"Yeah...I knew this but I found it funny so I didn't tell you. Sorry..."

"Curse you, 174cm ."

"Are you alright? Does it hurt anywhere?"

"My ankle hurts. I don't think I can walk anymore."

Baekhyun widened his eyes and looked at Kyungsoo's wound. His ankle was swelling red. Maybe it had been twisted. Baek thought for seconds and he suddenly turned his back to Kyungsoo.

"What are you doing?" - Kyungsoo asked.

"Get on. I'll carry you to the royal physician."

"What?"

Kyungsoo was surprised. How can he let his enemy piggy-back him? In contrast, this was an emergency situation. Kyungsoo's ankle was swelling and he couldn't walk. If he hadn't got on Baekhyun's back, maybe he would have died here a long time ago. Thought again and again, Kyungsoo bit his lower lip and got on Baekhyun's back. Baekhyun caused a small laugh and stood up.

"Am I heavy?" - Kyungsoo blushed.

"Nope. It's ok. No problem."

Baekhyun said and starting carrying Kyungsoo to the royal physician's place. On the way, Kyungsoo leaned his cheek on Baek's shoulder and started enjoying that gentle fragrance again. He wrapped his arms around Baek's neck and tried to pull Baek closer. The winds gently blew. The cherry blossom petals fell down and went with the wind. Butterflies flew around the garden. The roses were blooming. This was such a beautiful and romantic scenery. Spring romance. Kyungsoo even wished the time would stop so that he could enjoy this moment a little longer. Unfortunately, the royal physician's place was only steps apart from the garden. Had reached the royal physician's place, Baekhyun walked in and dropped Kyungsoo's down on the couch. The royal physician immediately came out when he saw Baekhyun.

"Sir, may I ask you what's wrong?" - the royal physician asked.

"Zhang Yixing, please give my friend a treatment." - Baekhyun said and pointed at Kyungsoo's ankle.

Yixing, the royal physician, took a look at Kyungsoo's ankle. He seemed to understand the condition. He went inside, took some herbal, bandages with a bowl of hot water and walked out. He gently lifted Kyungsoo's ankle up and washed it with hot water. He suddenly twisted it back. Kyungsoo screamed out loud. His tears were about to fall. Yixing crushed the herbal and applied it on Kyungsoo's ankle. Finally, he covered it with bandages.

"Done. Here is your prescription. Remember to drink the medicine or you won't be able to walk again." - Yixing gave Kyungsoo a paper.

"Thank you, sir."

Kyungsoo bowed. He went home with Baekhyun. Although it was quite hard to walk but Kyungsoo still managed to do it. In front of the door, the two were saying goodbye.

"I'm going in. Thanks for today and see you again." - Kyungsoo smiled.

"You're welcome. Can you take care of yourself? Does your ankle hurt a lot?" - Baekhyun was starring at Kyungsoo's angelic smile.

"It's fine. You should go home. Chanyeol...I mean, your hyung, the king might be waiting for you."

"Close your eyes." - Baekhyun suddenly said.

"What? Why should I?"

"Just close them."

Kyungsoo shrugged and closed his eyes. Baekhyun took a deep breath and leaned closer. He held Kyungsoo's head. Baekhyun slowly and gently placed his lips on Kyungsoo's forehead. Kyungsoo could feel Baekhyun's lips were kissing his forehead. He immediately opened his eyes and looked at Baekhyun, surprisingly.

"If you raise your head up while I'm kissing your forehead like that again, next time, it won't be the forehead again. I'll kiss your lips." - Baekhyun smiled and put a finger on Kyungsoo's heart-shaped lips.

"......" - Kyungsoo was frozen. His face turned red.

"Before you go inside, listen to there words carefully because I won't say them again. I like you, Do Kyungsoo."

Baekhyun said and returned to his palace, leaving the frozen Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo couldn't believe in his ears anymore. Did Baekhyun just say that he like Kyungsoo? Oh my god...! This was crazy. Why was Kyungsoo having this strange feeling? His heart was pounding fast. His brain wanted to explode when Baekhyun was kissing him. His body was flying to the cloud nine. Although Kyungsoo knew that this wasn't right but he wanted to run to Baekhyun and give him a back hug.

A month had passed. Chanyeol was having a big guest. His guest was the prince from China, Luhan. Luhan was having a good time in Korea. He liked a guard in the palace. That guard got fair skin, emotionless face and y personality. That guard was no one but Oh Sehun. Luhan like Sehun. He chose a day to confess to Sehun but unfortunately, Luhan had had to see the things he didn't want to see. He came to the guard house to meet Sehun. He saw Sehun was talking to someone.

"Hyung, how can you say things like that?" - Sehun laughed.

"What...? Is that concern to you?"

"No, it's not. It's funny instead. Kyungsoo hyung, would you mind telling me more joke like that?" - the guy Sehun was talking to was Kyungsoo.

"I have a lot. I'll tell you."

"Yehet!"

"Stop saying "Yehet". It's annoying."

Luhan had seen the whole thing. Some thing like jealousy was growing in his heart. His love was burning. How could Sehun smile to someone else in front of him like that? No, Sehun had to be his! That damn shortie had to pay for this.

"Sir Luhan? Why you're here so late?" - a general walked out from the guard house.

"Ah, Junmyung! I'm just enjoying some fresh air. Does it bother you?" - Luhan turned his native mode on.

"No, sir. Just enjoy yourself. Sorry for interrupting you."

Junmyung bowed and walked away. Although he was acting normal, he could feel something strange was going on. His suspicion was on Luhan. Speaking of Luhan, his love for the Sehun was too big. He was thinking of a revenge.

The next morning. Kyungsoo was sleeping soundly on his bed. Suddenly, guards broke into his room and took him away.

"What what...? What's going on? Where are you taking me?" - Kyungsoo half sleep half awake.

"Do Kyungsoo, you're under arrested because of treason!"

A guard said. Kyungsoo finally woke up and widened his eyes.

"What? Nation treason? When? I did nothing! I'm innocent!"

Kyungsoo screamed out loud but in vain He was taken to the dungeon. He was left there alone, in the dark, without food or water, just dust and dirt. He still seemed shocked. He did nothing. He was innocent. But no one believed him, even Xiumin hyung. He stayed in the dungeon till the trial day.

One stormy night, the night before the trial day, a mysterious guy walked to Kyungsoo's cell. He kneeled down and quietly called Kyungsoo's name. Kyungsoo could recognize this familiar voice. It was warm and soft. Kyungsoo immediately crawled to the gudgeon when he heard the voice. He had to crawl, because he was too tired to walk.

"Kyungsoo..." - that mysterious guy called Kyungsoo's name again.

"I'm here...Baekhyun...What are you doing at this time?" - that guy was no one but the prince, Byun Baekhyun.

"Kyungsoo...Are you ok?"

Baekhyun gulped and touched Kyungsoo's face through the gudgeon. Kyungsoo was lot thinner, because there was no food. His eyes were red, because of crying and sleepless nights. His face and clothes were very dirty. His angelic smile had disappeared. Tears were falling down on Kyungsoo's face. Baekhyun gently wiped them away with his hand.

"Baekhyun...I'm innocent..." - Kyungsoo sobbed.

"Don't cry. I believe you."

"You do?"

"Remember what I've told you? I like you. How can I not believe my love?"

"Only you believe me..."

"Your crime is treason, the worst crime of all time. I heard that you've given China our secret document."

"How could I...? I don't even know what is a secret document..."

"They knew it was you because they found your trace at Luhan's place."

"Luhan? Who is he?"

"I knew it! You're innocent. Maybe that stupid deer had pranked you."

"Help me...please..."

"I can't. You're here because of Chanyeol hyung's command."

"So...I guess this is the end of my life..."

Kyungsoo bursted into tear again. Baekhyun thought for a while. He couldn't let his love like this. He had to do something.

"Kyungsoo...Do you want to run away with me?"

Morning. Chanyeol was having breakfast then suddenly...

"Your majesty!" - a commander who named Wu Yi Fan, rushed into the dinning room - "Do Kyungsoo...he..."

"Kyungsoo what?" - Minseok, who was sitting next to Chanyeol, asked.

"Do Kyungsoo, he has escaped with the prince since last night!"

"What?" - Minseok threw his spoon on the ground.

"The prince? Kyungsoo has got away with Baekhyun? How dare him! Wu Yi Fan, call all of the guards in this palace to chase after Kyungsoo and Baekhyun! This is an emergency command!"

Chanyeol shouted out loud. Yi Fan bowed and ran to the guard house. He quickly called all of the guards and urged them to chase after Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. The guards rushed out of the palace and went to each house to find traces. They even glued wanted paper on polls. The whole country turned upside down because of the chase.

At the palace, Junmyung was told to go to Luhan's place and bring him some documents. Junmyung was standing in front of the door. He was about to knock the door then he heard something.

"My plan is best of the best!" - a soft voice came up. It must have been Luhan's.

"Don't you think that your plan is a little bit cruel, sir? You've given Kyungsoo a hard time, sir, and now the whole South Korea is turned upside down." - it was Yixing's voice.

"I don't care. How dare him took away my Sehunnie! That's the price he has to pay!"

"Sir, I'm a little curious. How did you prank Kyungsoo?"

"It's easy. I just need to steal some secret documents, place them in my room, get Kyungsoo's clothes and footprint and put them on the ground."

"It's too cruel, sir."

"Who cares! Zhang Yixing, don't you dare tell this to anyone! Or you will have to pay the price like Kyungsoo!"

Luhan pranked Kyungsoo? He did it? So that's mean, Kyungsoo was innocent. Junmyung was shocked in front of the whole story. He had to tell Chanyeol this. Luhan was the bad guy, Kyungsoo was the good guy. Justice must have come to Kyungsoo but Luhan had made it wrong. And now, not only Kyungsoo but Baekhyun was also got involved. Damn that Lu!

On a big field. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were walking together. They were exhausted because of running all day. At that time, it was late at night.  

"Just stay with me and you will be safe." - said Baekhyun.

"Why did you go with me? It's dangerous. Chanyeol is chasing us."

Kyungsoo said it with a tone. Baekhyun turned to Kyungsoo and looked at him in the eyes. He held Kyungsoo's face with his hands.

"As long as you're with me, I'm not scared of anything." - he said.

"Stop saying nonsense things."

"Do Kyungsoo, where do you come from?"

"The 21st century, where we don't wear such kind of clothes and have internet."

"You're weird...but cute." - Baekhyun smiled and suddenly hugged Kyungsoo - "Kyungsoo ah, I love you."

"But...I'm a criminal..."

"It's ok."

"But...we're 400 years apart..."

"That's just a tiny problem."

"But...I don't love you..."

"I don't need you to reply my love for you. I'm happy when I'm in love with you."

Kyungsoo's tears started to fall. He hugged back Baekhyun. The couple was in such a romantic and moving moment then somebody came and interrupt them.

"Do Kyungsoo, stay away from the prince and raise your hands up!"

It was Wu Yi Fan. He had come with the guards. The guards surrounded Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, pointed the spears at them. Baekhyun walked forward and hid Kyungsoo behind his back. They couldn't run away, because they were at the cliff. There was no exit.

"Hey guys, calm down! I know we can fix this. Kyungsoo is innocent!" - Baekhyun shouted.

"Sir, stay away from him! He's dangerous!" - Yi Fan warned.

"He's my friend. He's innocent! Don't you back chat my words!"

"Sir, listen to me please!"

"No!"

"Sir, if you don't listen to me, I'll have to be violent."

"Do whatever you want but don't touch Kyungsoo!"

"Jongdae, Jongin, Zitao! Get ready to shoot!"

Yi Fan commanded. The three archers raised up their archery and pointed at Kyungsoo.

"Sir, this is the last time I warn you. Stay away from Kyungsoo or the two of you will be both dead!"

"You dare to shoot me?" - Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry sir but this is an emergency situation. Stay away from him!"

But Byun Baekhyun was still Byun Baekhyun. He was too stubborn. Jongdae, Sehun, Jongin and Zitao were ready. They just needed to wait for Yi Fan's command. Yi Fan warned Baekhyun again but in vain. Yi Fan had already raised his hand up. Suddenly...

"STOP!!!"

Junmyung had come but it was too late. Yi Fan had ordered to shoot. The three arrows flew through the wind as fast as lightning. Baekhyun closed his eyes and waited for the dead to pick him up. But destiny didn't let it happen. When Baekhyun was about to close his eyes, he saw Kyungsoo standing in front of him. He immediately opened his eyes again. Kyungsoo had stepped forward and covered Baekhyun. The three arrows went straight into Kyungsoo's back. Kyungsoo kneeled down and fell into Baekhyun's arms. Blood ran out from his mouth. Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun for the last time. Baekhyun held Kyungsoo's hand.

"Kyungsoo ah, you can't die here! Kyungsoo ah, please stay alive! I love you! Kyungsoo ah!" - he cried.

Kyungsoo just looked at Baekhyun in the eyes and smiled, angelically. Then he closed his eyes. His hand slowly fell down from Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun couldn't believe in his eyes anymore. He tried to wake Kyungsoo up but in vain. Kyungsoo was dead. Baekhyun gritted his teeth and screamed out loud. The scream was as painful as it wanted to tear up the dark sky. The fire of the torches was burning as severely as Baekhyun's love for Kyungsoo. Rain started to fall. Baekhyun's tears went away with the rain drops. Kyungsoo's blood dripped down on Baekhyun's sleeve. Baekhyun looked at the blood. His heart broke into pieces. He wanted to die with Kyungsoo. All of the guards, Yi Fan and Junmyung just stood there and looked at Baekhyun. They felt guilty. The sad love story had ended.


*RING RING RING RING!!!"

The alarm goes off. Kyungsoo wakes up from his dream. That is such a painful dream. Baekhyun loves him and he died because of protecting Baekhyun. What the hell?