2 Hearts

EXO Next Door

A/N: Recommed song: Haru Haru - BIGBANG. Enjoy ~(˘▾˘~)  Sorry for updating late. Schoolwork again. Anyway, Happy EXO 4th Anniversary! Happy Birthday Oh Sehun!


He looses control of his temper. He shoots two shots. Everyone screams. The window behind Chanyeol breaks into pieces. Kyungsoo widens his eyes. Chanyeol falls on the floor. Blood.

"Chanyeol!" - Kyungsoo runs to Chanyeol. His tears fall - "Chanyeol ah! Park Chanyeol! Are you ok? Answer me! Chanyeol ah!"


Kyungsoo keeps calling Chanyeol. But Chanyeol doesn't answer. Kyungsoo shakes his friend's body but in vain. Kyungsoo can't believe in his eyes anymore. His roomate, his best friend, his annoying stalker, his secret admirer, Park Chanyeol.....has gone....Kyungsoo touches Chanyeol and blood runs on his hand. Kyungsoo presses his face against Chanyeol's chest and cries out loud.

"Wake up now, Park Chanyeol! How can you go like this? How can you leave me like this?"

Looking at Kyungsoo, some female customers cries too while the male customers busy arresting the man.

"You told me that you liked me! You told me that you wouldn't let me go! You said that you wouldn't loose me for the second time! Then why are you leaving me here! Wake up and answer me, Chanyeol ah...! I'm scared...! Park Chanyeol...I haven't allowed you to go yet! Open your eyes, get up and answer me now!"

Kyungsoo screams out loud. His tears are falling like rain. When he was 7, he witnessed his parents dead. Since that incident, Kyungsoo has been afraid of the death. He is scared to see anyone pass away in front of his sight. Kyungsoo is in panic now. He keeps crying and crying.

Suddenly, a hand touches his head and pats it gently.

.

.

.

.

.

"I'm fine...Kyungsoo.."

.

.

.

.

.

Kyungsoo windens his eyes and raises his head up. This familiar voice and this familiar hand. Is the god playing a game with him? He slowly leans his look on the person who has just patted his head. He is dumbfounded. Other people around too.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Kyungsoo?"

"Chan...yeol...you are..." - Kyungsoo stutters.

"You're right. I'm still alive. I haven't die yet."

"You...P-A-R-K C-H-A-N-Y-E-O-L!!! How dare you pull such an evil prank on me like that? Do you know that I were scared to death? You're such a bastard, Park Chanyeol!" - Kyungsoo yells while hitting Chanyeol's chest.

"Hey hey hey...Calm down, Kyungsoo. I may get hurt."

Kyungsoo helps Chanyeol to get up and checks his wound. Chanyeol got shot on his right arm. The black man, he fired two shots. Thanks to his amateur shooting skill, he missed his target. The first shot went to the window behind Chanyeol. The second went straight to Chanyeol's right arm. Now Chanyeol's arm is bleeding hard. Kyungsoo takes out his handkerchief and wraps it around Chanyeol's arm. 

The police finally comes. They arrest the man and takes Chanyeol as well as the injured chef to the hospital. At the hospital, Chanyeol is sitting on the bed while Kyungsoo is feeding him porridge. His arm has been operated and bandaged. The news about the terrorist attack has been on TV.

"How are you now? Does it still hurt a lot?" - Kyungsoo asks.

"Much better now. You're taking care of me, Kyungsoo. I'm so happy." - Chanyeol smiles and Kyungsoo smiles too.

"The man has been arrested and being interrogated. You don't have to worry."

"Speaking of the man, why did he keep looking for you? He wanted something from you?"

"I don't know. Maybe I have done something that makes him unhappy. Or my family."

"Or maybe it's not him that has something on you." - Chanyeol acknowledges.

"What do you mean?"

"What if someone else not that guy has something on you but he doesn't want to show up. So he hired this man to show up instead."

"Like a puppet?"

"Yeah."

Kyungsoo thinks for a while. Although Chanyeol is quite nonsense sometimes but this time he sounds reasonably. What if there is still someone standing behind this incident? 

2302

"Kyungsoo! Are you okay? I heard there was a terrorist attack at the cafe you went this morning." - Min Young runs to her brother as soon as he gets home.

"I'm okay. Chanyeol saved me from the bad guy." - Kyungsoo sighs.

"You should thanks him."

"Noona, you know what? That terrorist is the motorbike rider yesterday."

"Really? Well, he seriously does want something from you."

"Maybe it's not him..."

"Hm?"

"Maybe it's not him that want something from me. Maybe it's that 'person'. Maybe she has known that I have too much information. She is scared to be revenged. So she hired this guy to shut my mouth up."

"That 'person'? You mean..."

"Yeah..."

2301

Chanyeol has been discharged from the hospital. When he gets home, the EXO members begin gathering around him.

"Yoda! I saw you on TV! You're so brave!" - Chen cheers.

"Are you okay?" - Xiumin checks the wound.

"Hey, calling the police, facing the bad guy, even teasing him and got shot by him. I don't call it 'brave'. I call it 'stupid'." - Kris hits Chanyeol's head but ends up in hugging him - "Anyway, welcome home!"

"Hyung, how can you risk your life like that?" - Sehun and Tao join in the group hug.

"We're so worried about you." - Suho cries.

"Guys, it's not that I was going to die. My arm just got shot." - Chanyeol turns his optimistic mode on.

"Shut up! Do you know that we're really frightened when that guy shot you?" - Luhan scolds.

"Hyung, Kyungsoo went to that cafe with you, right? Is he alright?" - Kai's question draws Baekhyun's attention.

"That man kept looking for Kyungsoo. What did he want?" - Lay asks.

"I saved him from the terrorist." - Chanyeol replies.

"You what?" - Baekhyun knits his eyebrows.

"I say I saved him. He wanted to pick up his phone to call the police but I did it instead so the man spotted me." 

Baekhyun shrugs and nods. Chanyeol makes a half smile. Clearly does he knows that his best friend is jealous. Xiumin walks to his injured brother and helps him to sit down on the couch. Sehun gives Chanyeol some snacks while Kai is turning the TV and the fan on. Chanyeok looks like a king now. Baekhyun sits down on a chair next to his fellow.

"Hey Chan, I can ask you some questions?"

"Go for it."

"Why did the man keep looking for Kyunggie? Did he have..."

"Yes, yes he did have something on Kyungsoo."

"Do you know what is it?"

"No." - Chanyeol replies while chewing potato chip.

"Kyungsoo knows?"

"No, he doesn't. But I don't think that the man is the one who really want Kyungsoo."

"What?"

"Maybe someone else want a revenge on Kyungsoo but he doesn't want to show his face so he let this guy go instead and take the responsibility for him. Because in life, people are not stupid enough to show their existance to their enemies."

"Like in those dramas?"

"Yeah."

Chanyeol continues with his potato chip. Baekhyun thinks for a while. Chanyeol's words do make sense. Maybe there's someone standing behind this. But who wants to hurt Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo is a good boy. He never does bad things or harms anybody. Maybe not him but his friends...or his family...? Baekhyun suddenly remembers Min Young's words. Kyungsoo's parents died because a truck had bumped into them. A president of a big coporation because of his greed and selfishness had hired a man to kill them. Perharps that president hasn't satisfied with his victory yet so he orders someone to hurt Kyungsoo? Well, that doesn't sound logically. Or maybe Kyungsoo has known the truth about his parents' dead, the president is scared of revenging to he orders someone to shut Kyungsoo's mouth up. Now that makes sense. But why does Baekhyun suddenly think of his mom? There are some coincidence between his mom and the bad president but that doesn't mean his mom was the culprit. However, Baekhyun is still doubt on Ha Ji. Ha Ji has been acting strange these days. She often has private meetings and talks to some myterious guys. She would do everything to earn reputation and profit, even it's bad for people around her. Baekhyun stands up from his chair and returns to his room. Tomorrow he is going to have a serious talk with his mom.

Gangnam Police Station / 11:00 A.M...

The next day. The black guy was arrested and brought to the police station. He is new being investigated. Everybody at the police station are working then an elegant woman walks in. She wears luxurious clothes, looking powerful.

"Good morning. Are you president Byun?" - an officer stands up and greets the woman.

"Yes, I am. I'm here to meet Goo Bong Ryu." - Ha Ji takes off her sunglasses. 

"Please sign here and go this way."

The officer gives Ha Ji a paper sheet and she signs on it. The officer than leads her to the interrogation room and tells her to wait. 2 minutes later, a tall guy is brought into the room. 

"Long time no see." - Ha Ji says.

"What do you want from me?"

Bong Ryu sits opposite Ha Ji. The two stay in silience for a while.

"How is life in jail? Do they treat you well?" - Madam Byun asks.

"Really well. 3 meals and 8 hours sleeping a day. The prison is even more comfortable than my house. Exercise very morning, very healthy."

"I hope you enjoy being a prisoner."

"You're welcome. Now let's talk about our deal. Have you sent her to the hospital and gave her a treatment?"

"Yes, of course. I've sent her to the hospital. Mental hospital."

"What?"

"I said I had sent her to the mental hospital. She'll be treated very well there."

"You jerk! Motherer ! Why did you send her to the mental hospital? Why? She needs a heart surgery not a mental prison! You've promised me and now you break the promise!" - Bong Ryu screams from the top of his lungs - "You're such a betrayer!"

"Son of a ! You didn't complete the mission! You didn't kill Do Kyungsoo! Why should I follow our deal while you're breaking it?" - Ha Ji shouts back.

"You..."

"You should thanks me for getting rid of that old house and finding a new place for your sister."

The guy is dumbfounded. He can't believe in his ears. Ha Ji walks behind his back and starts patting his head. She bends and whispers to his ear.

"If you play the game, you should play it fair, play the right rules. Believe me, both you and your little sister will be treated well."

Ha Ji walks to the door, says something to the police and leaves the room. The police nods. He then leads Bong Ryu to the prison. They've already reached the prison but the police doesn't open the door.

"Hey, why don't you open it?"

"..."

"Are we going to stand here forever?"

The police stares at Bong Ryu. He takes out a gun and points it at Bong Ryu. Before Bong Ryu could say anything, the gun goes off. Bong Ryu falls down on the floor.

At Rayue Mental Hospital, the doctors have just announced: Patient Goo Bong Hee is dead because of suicide.

2301

There is a problem, a big one. Everyone is now finding the square-mouth boy. Baekhyun hasn't returned home for hours. They saw him leave the apartment but he hasn't come back. Kris and Tao are finding at the North of Seoul. Lay and Xiumin are at the South. Luhan and Chen to the East. Kai and Sehun to the West. Suho and the manager are at the city center. Chanyeol is injured so he stays at home and tries to contact the Beagle. Baekhyun's phone is turned off and Chanyeol is hopeless. He hasn't call Kyungsoo yet because he doesn't want Kyungsoo to worry. But there is no solution now. Chanyeol eventually knocks 2302 door.

"Chanyeolie?" - Kyungsoo opens the door.

"Uhm...Hi Soo...Is Baek here?"

"No. Isn't he at home?"

"Uhm..." - Chanyeol tries to look away.

"Chanyeol, what's happening here?" - Kyungsoo quickly realizes something is wrong.

""Nothing! Nothing is happening. I'm just...asking."

"Tell me the truth, Yeol."

"Okay..." - Chanyeol lets out a deep sigh - "We've lost Bacon."

"What?"

"He left home at 8 A.M and he hasn't returned yet. It has been 12 hours and a half till now."

"Have you tried calling him? Did anyone go with him?"

"I've tried but he didn't pick up and no one came with him."

"Hang on there. I'll go with you."

Kyungsoo takes his coat and goes with Chanyeol. They goes to places that Baekhyun usually comes such as SM company, beef restaurant, Nike stores, Supreme stores,.. but Baekhyun is still nowhere to be found. They've been running around Seoul for 2 hours but in vain. Chanyeol has called Baekhyun's family and asked if that boy has gone home but they said no.

"I'm tired of this. I think we should seperate." - Chanyeol tries to catch his breath.

"Yeah. You go Hongdae, I'll go Myeon-Dong Avenue."

Chanyeol nods and they seperate.

9:30 / Myeon-Dong Avenue...

Baekhyun is standing on top of a building. It's not that he's going to jump. He is just thinking.

~ Flashback ~

Baekhyun arrived at the BBH building at 8:30 A.M He wanted to see his mom. He walked to his mom office. No sooner had he reached the door than he heard his mom talking to someone.

"Madam Byun, what exactly do you mean?" 

This voice...Hong Dong Joo?

"Hong Dong Joo, I believe that you're not too stupid to misunderstand my words. I'm telling you to go and shut that boy's mouth up."

That boy? Who is he?

"Madam, I don't want to be a murderer anymore."

"If you don't wanna do it, then hire someone to do it instead. Oh, if you're hiring, hire someone more useful. That guy, he didn't complete the mission so...you've already known the result. I told him to kill Do Kyungsoo but instead of doing it, he messed everything up and shot an innocent guy."

"Madam..."

The two continued talking but Baekhyun didn't want to listen anymore. His mom wanted to kill Kyungsoo? Baekhyun's suspicion was right. Ha Ji wanted to kill Kyungsoo because Kyungsoo had known the truth about his parents' death. Ha Ji was scared to be revenged so she hired someone to shut Kyungsoo up. The incident at the cafe was her plan. That bad guy didn't completed his duty so she must have punished him, or killed him. Baekhyun hadn't known that his mom was so cruel and dangerous.

Dong Joo waled out from the room. He is quite surprised as he saw Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun...What are you doing here?"

"Dong Joo hyung...Tell me the truth..."

Baekhyun looked straight into Dong Joo's eyes. Dong Joo gulped. He had no choice so he did what he was told to do.

~ End Flashback ~ 

Tears fall from Baekhyun's eyes. He wipes but they keep falling like rain. It's clearly now. The guy caused the accident 15 years ago was Hong Dong Joo. And the person standing behind all of this is no one but Byun Ha Ji, the president of BBH corporation, as known as Baekhyun's mother. He still can't believe that his mom wants to kill Kyungsoo.

"Baekhyun ah!"

 A familiar voice comes up. Baekhyun turns around and see a little figure.

"Kyungsoo..."

"Baekhyun ah! Why didn't you pick up your phone? We've been looking for you the whole day."

Kyungsoo pouts. Baekhyun fakes a smile. Kyungsoo takes out his phone,, informs Chanyeol and turns to his boyfriend.

"How do you know that I'm here?" - Baekhyun asks softly.

"Myeon-Dong Avenue is where we had our first date and kisses. It's quite easy to guess. I thought of this place right from the beginning. I was just pretending that I didn't know anything so that I could mislead Chanyeol and come to you. Tell me, what are you doing here?"

"Kyungsoo...I'm sorry..."

"What?"

"Kyungsoo ah...I'm sorry..." 

Baekhyun brusts into tears and hugs Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is still in confusion. 

"I'm sorry...Kyungsoo...I'm sorry...Your parents' death, your terrible childhood, my mom...I'm sorry..."

He knew it. Baekhyun has known everything. Kyungsoo can't say anything. He keeps patting Baekhyun's back.

"I'm sorry...I don't know what to say to you right now...Kyungsoo, I'm sorry..."

Baekhyun keeps crying and Kyungsoo keeps patting his back. The two keep going for minutes.

10:11 P.M

The couple are standing in front of Kyungsoo's house. Baekhyun's eyes have turned all red. His voice turns raucously.

"Kyungsoo...I'm sorry..." - he stutters.

"It's okay. I'm fine. You don't need to say sorry. Remember to sleep well. Forget everything that happened today. Stay healthy."

- Kyungsoo smiles, a fake smile.

"Kyungsoo ah...Let's end here."

"..."

"We're all enemies now. I can't face you anymore. My mom has caused too much troubles on your family and I'm feeling very guilty now. I'll let you go so that you and your sister can start revenging. It's war now. Take care."

Baekhyun says and turns around. He's about to open the door then Kyungsoo grabs his arm. Kyungsoo pulls his collar and places a kiss on his lips. Just one last kiss. Tears fall from their eyes.