Descendants Of The Sun

EXO Next Door

A/N: The words in Italics are the flashback. Sorry for updating late (⊙ω⊙✿) I don't know why I named this chapter "Descendants Of The Sun". I even don't see that drama. Maybe just because of the gorgeous photo above (⊙ω⊙✿)


Baekhyun says and turns around. He's about to open the door then Kyungsoo grabs his arm. Kyungsoo pulls his collar and places a kiss on his lips. Just one last kiss. Tears fall from their eyes.


BBH Corporation

Ha Ji is working in her office. Thanks to the handbag issue, she has earned a lot of profit. Her corporation has become the biggest one in South Korea and the 4th biggest in Asia. Suddenly, her secretary knocks the door and walks in.

"Madam, here is your document. You'll have an interview on SBS News 8 tonight. The reporter interviews you is Choi Min Young."

"Choi Min Young?"

"Yes, madam. She has worked as a scriptwriter for SBS TV since she was in France. She came back to Korea weeks ago."

"Thank you. You can leave now."

The secretary bows and leaves the office. Ha Ji thinks of the name "Choi Min Young". Sounds very familiar. She has heard of this name somewhere. But she can't remember it. Since she has an amnesia, she can't memorize things properly and she always has a recording pen to record things in case she forgets.

7:50 P.M / SBS Studio...

Everyone is getting ready for the broadcast. Min Young is sitting in front of the camera. She is the new reporter. Some stylists are fixing her makeup and hair. 

"Min Young, tonight guest is the president of the BBH corporation, the biggest corporations in South Korea, Byun Ha Ji. Recently, the corporation has earned a lot of profit due to the handbag issue at BBH department. You're going to give compliments on her, ask her about her business strategy and the secret of success. Got it?" - the director reminds Min Young.

"Yes, director."

"Good. Madam Byun can come in now and we'll start filming."

Min Young makes a half smile. This is going to be fun.

Ha Ji walks into the studio and sits down next to Min Young. Some stylists gather around her and check her makeup.

"Good evening, madam Byun." - Min Young smiles.

"Good evening, young reporter." - Ha Ji says without looking at Min Young - "I hope you co-operate well."

"Of course."

The director counts on three and they start broadcasting.

"Good evening everyone. Welcome to SBS News 8. I'm Choi Min Young, your reporter today. The BBH Group recently has become the biggest corporation in South Korea and the 4th biggest in Asia. So we have invited the president of the BBH Group to our tonight interview. Please welcome, madam Byun Ha Ji. Good evening madam Byun."

"Good evening. I'm Byun Ha Ji, the president of the BBH Group."

"Madam, congratulation on your success! The corporation is such a great honor of you and South Korea."

"Thank you."

"Madam, will you tell us your secret of success? A lot of people want to know."

"Yes, of course. I wouldn't mind. The secret is hardworking and not afraid of the obstacles. You have to overcome everything to reach your goal and win the game."

"That would be a very great advice for all the newcomers. Thank you, madam."

"You're welcome."

"Madam, are you satisfied with your success?" - Min Young suddenly asks. This question is out of the script. Ha Ji hesitates for seconds.

"Yes. Yes, I am."

"You're satisfied with it even if you have to cross the limit?"

"Limit?" - Ha Ji is feeling strange. 

"Murdering someone, destroying their life. Perhaps?"

Ha Ji windens her eyes. Ha Ji suddenly remembers something. This girl...

"My name is Choi Min Young and I'm from SBS TV."

"My question is have you ever crossed the limit?"

"A family was destroyed 15 years ago."

"President Byun, you're now not so different from 15 years ago. Just an ignoble woman."

Ha Ji is dumbfounded. She's sweating. Her body is trembling. She keeps asking herself how Min Young knows the incident 15 years ago, why she is threatening Ha Ji, who Min Young is and the relationship between Min Young and Do Kyungsoo.

Min Young stares at Ha Ji and smiles provocatively. Ha Ji, she has realized what Min Young is talking about. Min Young has completed the first step in her plan: making Ha Ji nervous.

"Like somebody had sued you so you decided to murdered them." - Min Young continued - "And now you're scared of revenging so you're threatening their child?"

"Uhm...I..." - Ha Ji stutters.

"Sorry, I'm just kidding." - Min Young chuckles - "How can a president of a big corporation like you murder someone? This is obviously illegal."

"Oh, you are?" - Ha Ji smiles weakly.

"That's for today. Thank you for watching SBS News 8. Thank you madam Byun for joining our broadcast. Please stay tuned. I will see you tomorrow."

"Cut! Good job, everyone! Thank you, madam Byun. You did well. And Choi Min Young, very nice joke." - the director says.

"Your welcome."

Min Young replies. She bows at Ha Ji instead of saying goodbye and leaves. Everyone alternately leaves the studio. But Ha Ji is still sitting alone. She clenches her teeth and throws some documents down on the floor angrily. She has lost, again.

MPs office / 8:00 A.M...

The next day. Parliamentarian Lee Bum Woo is working in his office.

"Sir, you have a guest." - his secretary says through the phone.

"Who?"

"It's the president of the BBH Group."

"Invite her in."

Bum Woo hangs up. He fixes his tie then Byun Ha Ji walks in.

"Have a seat, president Byun. How about a cup of tea?"

"Thank you." - Ha Ji sits down on the couch. 

"How is the department store? Is the bussiness going well?"

"Yes, very well. And you?"

"Not so good. There are a lot of roads, bridges and buildings need to be repaired but the budget cannot afford. You know, the National Convention is in a few weeks but our district hasn't completed the Congress's goal so it'll be a little bit difficult for me to be the Minister."

Ha Ji takes a sip of tea. She's trying to avoid eye contact with the parliamentarian.

"I watched the news last night." - Bum Woo crosses his legs.

"..."

"Choi Min Young. She knew something. You should- "

"Should I give her a lesson?" - Ha Ji interrupts Bum Woo.

"No. No, you shouldn't. It's still too early to give her a lesson.Just be patient and wait for your time."

"Yes, sir."

Bum Woo nods. Ha Ji stands up, bows at Bum Woo and leaves.

"When will the money come?" - Bum Woo asks while spinning his wine glass.

"Tonight, I promise. The money will be transferred into your bank account."

"You'd better hurry. I need some cash for my Minister chair."

BBH Corporation

Ha Ji returns to her office. She takes out her recording pen and put it in her drawer. She calls her secretary.

"Yes, madam?"

"Choi Min Young's profile, is it done?"

"Yes, madam. Here is it." - the secretary gives Ha Ji some documents.

"Good. Get me a glass of whisky then you can leave."

The secretary quickly pours Ha Ji a glass of whisky, bows at her and leaves. Ha Ji opens the documents and read them while drinking her whisky.

[Name: Choi Min Young

Gender: Female

Nationality: French

D.O.B: 26/08/1992

Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea

Blood type: AB

Height: 168cm

Weight: 50kg

Eye color: Brown

Career: Scriptwriter, reporter

Workplace: SBS TV

Father: Choi Min Hae

Career: Programmer

Mother: Song Soo Ri

Career: Baker

Siblings: none]

Ha Ji reads for a while. Nothing strange. She changes into the second document. This document is attached with some photos.

[YOO EUN ORPHANAGE

Name: Do Seung Yi

Gender: Female

Nationality: Korean

D.O.B: 12/01/1992

Birthplace: Gyeonggi, South Korea

Blood type: AB

Adopted date: 19/03/2000

Father: Do Hyun Jae (dead)

Career: Businessman

Mother: Han Seung Hee (dead)

Career: Businesswoman

Siblings: Do Kyungsoo (younger brother)

Today, 20/05/2000, at 11:00 A.M, Do Seung Yi is adopted to Choi Min Hae and Song Soo Ri.]

Ha Ji looks at some photos. In those photos, Min Young and Kyungsoo are very close. They even live in the same house. There is no way they're lovers. Moreover, Choi Min Young looks like Do Seung Yi. Choi Min Young is Choi Min Hae and Song Soo Ri's daughter. Do Seung Yi was Do Hyun Jae and Han Seung Hee's daughter. Seung Yi was adopted to Choi Min Hae and Song Soo Ri. And she was sent to the orphange along with Do Kyungsoo on 19/03/2000, the day their parents passed away. In conclusion, Choi Min Young is Do Seung Yi. Obviously, what Min Young did at the lecture and at the studio are for revenging. But Ha Ji is smart. She won't do anything to the Do siblings since it will shorten her way to the prison. And she is also curious to see what they're going to do. 

2302

Two weeks have passed since Kyungsoo and Baekhyun broke up with each other. Kyungsoo can't sleep or eat anything. He keeps crying at night and ends up with catching a cold. Min Young is seriously worried about her brother. She has to take care of her brother, her work at the studio and also take care of Byun Ha Ji. Min Young is really tired of this. Kyungsoo has to get over this but he can't. Min Young has tried to convince her brother but he is still stubborn as usual. If he keeps crying and catching a cold like this, Min Young's plan will break into pieces. Min Young can't stand this situation anymore. She decides to ring 2301 bell.

"Hello?" - Xiumin opens the door - "Oh, you are?"

"Oppa, is Baekhyun home? I need to see him."

"But you..."

"I'm Do Kyungsoo's sister. I live next door."

Xiumin nods and calls Baekhyun out. After a few minutes, Baekhyun finally shows up.

"Hi, Min Young. What's up?"

"We need to talk." - Min Young crossed her arms around her chest.

"If it's about Kyungsoo, I'm not talking."

"Don't you care about him? I'm turning upside down because of him."

"Well, unfortunately, I'm not. I told you, we had broken up."

"Byun Baekhyun! You broke up with Kyungsoo because you want him to start revenging without any anxiety. You're still head over heel in love with him. Kyungsoo, he is seriously ill now. He doesn't eat or sleep. He keeps crying at night because of missing and worrying about you. I'm tired of watching him crying everyday without doing anything. Don't you have any feeling for him? I'm telling you this because I trust you, Baekhyun. I let Kyungsoo to you because I believe that you're the only one can bring happiness to him. You always want the best for him."

"..."

"I regret telling him those revenging things. I just wanted him to be happy but I was totally wrong. I took happiness away from him."

"..."

"So please...Come back to him..."

"I can't...My mom..."

"Please...Baekhyun ah...I can't stand looking at Kyungsoo like this. I'm his sister but I can't do anything. Isn't it a shame? I have to do something. You're the only one...Please...Make him happy again and forget all about the revenge. I started the revenge first so I'll clean up the mess. Just go to Kyungsoo, please..."

"I say I can't...I'm sorry..."

Baekhyun says and closes the door. He walks inside and lets out a deep sigh.

"Hey, who is out there?" - Chanyeol suddenly appears.

"No one." - Baekhyun answers shortly.

"Don't lie, Bacon. Kyungsoo's sister, right? She wanted you to go back to Kyungsoo because Kyungsoo is seriously sick and he misses you like crazy. But you said no."

"Hey, how could you...?"

"I heard all of it. ALL OF IT, Bacon. You're such a jerk!"

"What?"

"You said you only wanted Kyungsoo to be happy but look what you're doing now. You're making his life miserable. You want him to take revenge but how can he take revenge while he is sick? Don't you care about him, Baek? Why are you so cold-blooded?"

"Park Chanyeol." - Baekhyun emphasizes his friend's name - "If you're so worried about him, go to him. I'm not stopping you."

Baekhyun says and goes to his room. Chanyeol wants to talk back but Xiumin has stopped him.

Myeon-Dong Avenue / 11:00 P.M...

A black car arrives at the avenue. From the car steps out a little figure.

"Noona, why are we here?" - Kyungsoo asks.

"Not we, only you are here." - Min Young looks around the avenue.

"Wait a minute...You're going to leave me here alone? Why?"

"Because I like it. Have fun, bro!"

"Noona!"

Kyungsoo shouts out loud but his sister has left. He sighs and walks around the avenue. All of the shop have closed. Kyungsoo sighs again. Happy memories come across his mind. Myeon-Dong avenue...Kyungsoo keeps walking alone then he hears some footsteps behind. He turns around.

"Baekhyun..."

"Kyungsoo ah..."

Baekhyun has come.

Baekhyun sat alone in his bedroom. He thought about Min Young's words and Chanyeol's words. He was still in love with Kyungsoo. He missed Kyungsoo very much. But he couldn't come to Kyungsoo. He felt very guilty. But Kyungsoo was seriously ill because of him. He couldn't leave Kyungsoo alone. That would be too cold-blooded. Chanyeol was angry with him just because Chanyeol cared about Kyungsoo. And Chanyeol trusted Baekhyun, like Min Young. They both believed that Baekhyun was the only one protect Kyungsoo. Baekhyun couldn't make them disappointed. So he thought for a while, followed his heart and called Min Young.

"Baekhyun?" - Min Young picked up.

"Could you tell Kyungsoo to meet me at Myeon-Dong avenue at eleven tonight?"

"You've made up your mind?"

"Yeah... I want to be with Kyungsoo and protect him. You won't get mad at me?"

"As long as Kyungsoo is happy, everything are acceptable. In addition, why should I get mad with my brother-in-law?" - Min Young giggled.

"Uhm...Thank you..." - Baekhyun blushed and hung up. 

The two are standing opposite to each other.

"What do you want?" - Kyungsoo frowns.

"You're cute, still stubborn as usual."

Baekhyun takes a step forward but Kyungsoo moves a step backward. Baekhyun steps on but Kyungsoo keeps avoiding him.

"Hey, listen to me!" - Baekhyun grabs Kyungsoo's wrist.

"Let off! We're over, remember?"

"Of course I remember. But Kyungsoo ah...I want to be with you again."

"No...No, you can't. We're enemies." - Kyungsoo shakes his head continuously.

"I know we're enemies but we do have feelings for each other. What's the wrong thing when two people fall in love with each other?"

"But...I agreed to break up with you because I don't want to cause difficulty for you. If we're together, you'll have to protect me from your mom while you're on your mom's side. My sister might stab you with a knife at any time. Moreover, I want to be independent. I don't wanna depend on you anymore."

"Kyungsoo ah, of course I'm on my mom's side but this time she is wrong. What she did to you and your family is unacceptable. Justice must be enforced. I want to be by your side, Kyungsoo. You say you want to be independent but have a look at you now. You're seriously ill...because of me. Only taking care of yourself but you still can't do it so how can you handle your revenge?"

"..."

"Let me take care of you. Let's stay together. You said whenever you're with me, you're not afraid of anything. So be by my side. Two is better than one, right?" - Baekhyun hugs Kyungsoo tightly - "Oh, and Min Young won't stab me with a knife. She is good person. She persuaded me to come back to you and even called me her brother-in-law."

Baekhyun cups Kyungsoo's cheeks and looks into his eyes.

"Take my hand and never let go, will you?"

"Promise?"

"I promise.If I break the promise, I'll let Chanyeol and Kai have you."

"Bastard!"

They both smiles happily. Baekhyun leans a kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead and then his lips. The two lock their lips to each other under the starry night.

2302

Eight in the morning. Baekhyun stayed here last night. He hugged Kyungsoo to sleep. About Kyungsoo's sister, clearly did she know that Baekhyun would stay here so she had hired a hotel room and gave space for the lovebird. 

"Wake up, Soo. It's eight in the morning." - Baekhyun peeks a kiss on Kyungsoo's cheek.

"Eight already?" - Kyungsoo slowly opens his eyes.

"I've already made breakfast. Wake up now."

Kyungsoo pouts and raises his arms. This kid is whiny. Baekhyun chuckles and quickly carries Kyungsoo to the bathroom in bridal style. Finishing personal hygiene, they have breakfast together while watching TV.

"Wow, your cooking skill has improved."- Kyungsoo says while chewing sunshine egg.

"I made it specially for you."

"Cheesy..."

"Oh, is that your sister?" - Baekhyun points at the TV screen

"Yeah. She's the new reporter."

On the TV is the morning news. Min Young is reading the news.

"This morning, at 4:00 A.M, the police has just found a dead body of man under the Han river. The man is said to have got involved into a traffic accident. His name Kim Tae Jung, 52 years old, marketing director of KYO Corporation. At 10:30 P.M, when Kim tae Jung hadn't returned home, his mother decided to call the police but his wife stopped her. She said that he might be partying outside with his friends. At 12:00 A.M his family began to worry more and they eventually called the police. After 1 hours finding around Gangnam, Tae Jung was nowhere to be seen. At 2:00 A.M, a resident reported a traffic at the Han river. After 2 hours finding under the river, the police finally found Kim Tae Jung's body. We're very sorry to announce this."

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun both stay in silence as they hear the news. On the screen is an image of a broken car. The car probably crashed into the bridge and fell into the river. Another terrible accident happens. A man has left this world.

"This is horrible..." - Kyungsoo stutters.

"You're scared?"

"No, I'm not...Kim Tae Jung...This name sounds familiar."

"Me too. Kim Tae Jung...KYO Corporation..."

"Hey Kyungsoo, I can't hang out with you today. Sorry." 

"It's okay, Suho hyung. You're always busy." - Kyungsoo smiles.

"I have a family meeting. My uncle, Kim Tae Jung has just got back from the US."

"Have fun, hyung."

"Oh my god..." - Kyungsoo and Baekhyun both say.

"Kim Tae Jung...He's Suho hyung's uncle..." - Kyungsoo widens his eyes.

"KYO Corporation....is my mom's partner..." - Baekhyun suddenly realizes something.


Happy birthday Byun Baekhyun! Stay by Kyungsoo's side forever, will you? I'm so happy that Kyungsoo joined Baekhyun's birthday party (⊙ω⊙✿)

Today is Mother's Day too. Happy Mother's Day, everyone (⊙ω⊙✿)