Reveal the secret

EXO Next Door

A/N: Warning! This chapter contents OC ⊙♡⊙ Since my story is inspired of the drama "Pinocchio", let's listen to its OST to gain more emotion while reading ⊙♡⊙ Long chapter. I'm tired now T_T


A new character is about to show up. This person, she has witnessed the whole thing. She has witnessed Baekhyun saved Kyungsoo and carried Kyungsoo home. And she is extremely unsatisfied with this.


2301

10 EXO members are staying at home. They don't have schedule today. There are only 10 members because the last member is having fun with his date. 

"Hey Suho hyung, where's Baekhyun?" - asks Chen.

"Kyungsoo's house." - Suho answers shortly.

"Well well...Are they dating?" - Tao chuckles.

"They've been dating for days. Only idiots like you don't know what is happening." - Kris hits Tao's head.

Everyone laugh out loud. But Kai sighs. He walks to the balcony and leans his looks on the next door balcony. Some day, he thinks, someday he will take Kyungsoo back.

*DING DOONG~!*

The bell rings. Who would visit EXO at this time? Xiumin comes and opens the door. When he regconizes the person who is standing at the door, he drops his jaw.

"Ma...Madam Byun..." - Xiumin stutters.

"Oh my god...Madam Byun..." - Luhan widens his eyes.

"Who is that?" - Lay tilts his head.

"Madam Byun...Baekhyun's mother?" - Chanyeol startled.

"The president of BBH corporation?" - Sehun drops his water bottle.

"Why are all of you so surprised to see me? This is not the first time I've come here?" - Madam Byun, or Byun Ha Ji, smiles.

"What's brought you here, Madam Byun?" - Suho bows at the middle-aged woman.

"Of course I come to see my son. Is my Baekkie home?"

"Uhm...He is...Ah..." - Suho stutters. He doesn't want to state the truth that Baekhyun is at Kyungsoo's. If he said so, Baekhyun's mother would be pretty angry. How can a mother let her son date a guy? Even though gay marriage is allowed, she still doesn't want it.

"Is something wrong?" - Ha Ji asks.

"Uhm..." - Suho is still wondering.

"Baekhyun hyung is at Kyungsoo hyung's house." - Tao suddenly shouts out loud the answer.

"HUANG ZITAO!" - everyone shouts back at Tao. Tao realizes what he has done. His mouth makes the shape of "OMFG..."

"Get the out of here!" - Kris kicks Tao to the bathroom.

"Kyungsoo?" - Ha Ji seems confused.

"He lives next to us." - Luhan points at 2302 apartment and starts lying - "Baekhyun is at Kyungsoo's house because...he has something to return to Kyungsoo."

"Oh really? Neighbors should visit each other sometimes."

"You should come inside. I'll make you a cup of tea." - Lay says.

Ha Ji nods and walks inside the house. 

2302

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are staying together. They are sitting opposite each other, eating ice-cream.

"What's your flavor?" - Baekhyun tries to create a conversation because of the awkward atmosphere.

"Choco-mint." - Kyungsoo answers while focusing on his ice-cream.

"Hey Kyunggie~"

"What?"

"Do you want to eat ice-cream in a more delicious way?"

"How..."

Hardly had Kyungsoo finished his sentence when Baekhyun used his mouth to places a piece of his strawberry ice-cream in Kyungsoo's mouth. The choco-mint flavor and strawberry flavor mix together create a new and sweet flavor. The ice-cream has melten but the two keep locking their lips to each other. Kyungsoo finally breaks the kiss.

"It doesn't taste any better." - Kyungsoo pouts.

"But it's better for me." - Baekhyun smiles.

"You're taking advantage on me."

Kyungsoo turns away. Baekhyun grabs Kyungsoo's shoulders and turns him back. Baekhyun pinches Kyungsoo's cheeks and kisses on Kyungsoo's forehead.

"Cheesy..." - Kyungsoo mumbles.

Suddenly, Baekhyun's phone rings, breaks the precious moment. Baekhyun quickly picks up. It's Chanyeol.

"What's it, Chan?"

"Come home quickly."

"Why?"

"Your mom is here."

"WHAT???"

Baekhyun drops his jaw. His mom is here? Why? Baekhyun takes his jacket and walks to the door.

"What's it?" - Kyungsoo asks.

"My mom is here, at our dorm."

"I see. Go home quickly."

Kyungsoo says and closes the door. Baekhyun rushes into his house. He sees his mom is sitting on the couch, drinking tea while chatting with Suho.

"Mom!" - Baekhyun walks to Ha Ji and sits on the couch.

"Baekhyun, my son! I miss you so much!" - Ha Ji pulls her son into a hug when Suho walks away, leaving the Byun family some privacy.

"I miss you too, mom. How is your business?"

"Great. And you? Is everything going well?"

"Pretty good. I won an award last month."

"I heard you're dating someone."

"No, I'm not." 

"Do you want to go on a blind date? I can arrange one for you."

"No thanks, mom. I want to focus on my career."

"You should."

Ha Ji pats Baekhyun's head. Outside, she looks like she is accepting her son's answer but inside, she knows clearly that he is lying. Because Byun Ha Ji has witnessed the whole thing.


The next day. 

8:00 A.M / Gimpo Airport...

The airport is as busy as usual. From the arrival gate walks out a beautiful girl. She has fair skin, curly brown hair, big eyes, V-line face. She wears a white T-shirt with navy blue jacket, black shorts, ankle-height boots and a pair of Channel sunglasses. She looks like a model on catwalk. A lot of boys stare at her. But she doesn't mind them. The girl, she has just arrived from France. She comes back to Korea, where she was born. Her name is Choi Min Young.

9:00 A.M / Gangnam town...

Kyungsoo goes out for a cup of coffee. He walks down the street while humming his favorite song. Suddenly, someone screams out loud. Kyungsoo turns to the scream and sees and man who is running away. Behind him is a girl who is trying to chase after him. That girl is robbed. The man run pass Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo immediately gives that man a kick into his back. The man collaspes on the ground. Kyungsoo steps on his back and locks his arms behind his back. People starts to gather around. Some take him to the police station. The girl runs to Kyungsoo and thanks him.

"Thank you very much." - she bows.

"You're welcome. Here is your bag." - Kyungsoo smiles and returns the bag to its owner.

"I don't know how to return the favor to you...How about a cup of coffee?"

"Sound great."

Kyungsoo nods and goes to a nearby coffee shop with the girl. The two order their drinks and start chatting.

"You seem to be a nice person. May I know your name?" - asks the girl.

"Do Kyungsoo, 22. And you?" - Kyungsoo takes a sip of hot coffee.

"I'm Choi Min Young. I'm 23."

"You don't look like having lived here for a long time. Noona, is this your first time to Korea?"

"Not really the first time. I was born in Korea. I moved to France when I was 8 with my adoptive parents."

"Noona, what do you do?"

"Scriptwriter. And you?"

"I'm unemployed. I live by the inheritance money."

"So your parents passed away? I'm so sorry."

"It's ok. My parents died in a terrible car accident when I was 7. It's been 15 years since the accident so..."

"Kyungsoo ah...do you have...a sister or brother?" - Min Young suddenly steals Kyungsoo's words.

"I used to have a sister but she died in an airplane crash."

Kyungsoo answers without hesitation. Min Young slightly nods. She drinks a sip of coffee then glances at Kyungsoo. Something is not right. Kyungsoo's parents died in a car accident when he was 7. Min Young's parents died in a car accident too. At that time, her brother was 7 and she was 8. She was adopted by a rich family while her brother lived with his home-run teacher. That's why Min Young lives in France and her brother stays in Korea. Her brother is still alive, she knows it. But she just doesn't know where he is now. Min Young is suspicious of Kyungsoo. However, Kyungsoo has said that he doesn't have any siblings. His sister died in an airplane crash. Min Young shakes her head to erase her thoughts. Maybe this is just a coincidence. The Earth is round, you know that? 

"Noona, what're you looking at?" - Kyungsoo breaks the silence.

"Ah...Nothing...Just looking outside...Oh, the streets look different from when I was here..." - Min Young fakes a smile.

"I need to go to the bathroom. Excuse me."

"Oh, okay."

Kyungsoo stands up and walks to the bathroom. He forgets his wallet on the table. Min Young is looking outside then she notice the brown wallet on the table. She knows that it's not right to look in someone's wallet but she is curious about Do Kyungsoo so she has to. She is wondering whether Kyungsoo is her long-lost brother or not. She wants to get the answer. She grabs the wallet. Her minds keeps telling her not to opens the wallet but her hands is doing the opposite. She eventually opens the wallet. She spots a small photo inside. She takes it out.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Her hands are shaking. Her body is trembling. Sweats are running from her forehead. Min Young can't believe in her eyes anymore. That photo, the one in Kyungsoo's wallet, is the photo of Do Kyungsoo, his parents

.

.

.

and Choi Min Young

.

.

.

No more suspicion. Do Kyungsoo is Min Young's long-lost brother. Min Young remembers very clearly. That photo was taken at the park, when the Do family was going on a picnic. The man and the woman in the photo are Kyungsoo and Min Young's parents. Min Young still remembers every single facial contour of her parent till now. And she remembers that her birthname is Do Seung Yi, not Choi Min Young. Because Min Young was adopted by a new family, she changed her name. If you ask why Min Young forgets her brother's name, she will answer that time has erased everything. It has been 15 years. Min Young is having a strange feeling. Happy, worried, upset, regretful,...Everything mix to each other. How can she tell Kyungsoo that he is her long-lost brother? Would he believe her? No, he wouldn't. If someone came and told Min Young that she was his long-lost sibling, she wouldn't believe it too. Because there isn't any evidence.

Kyungsoo walks out from the bathroom. Min Young quickly returns the photo and places the wallet on the table. She takes a sip of coffee and acts like nothing has happened. Kyungsoo sits down and continues the conversation with Min Young.

"Kyungsoo ah, can I have your number? I hope we can be friend." - Min Young says.

"Okay, noona. 0123456789." - Kyungsoo replies.

"Thanks."


9:00 A.M

A week has passed. Kyungsoo is now on his way to a premises for rent in Gangnam. Why? Kyungsoo wants to opens a restaurant so he has to find an empty place. He has got enough money to do it. Kyungsoo rides to a lovely house which hangs the notice "For Rent". He parks his bicycle and steps in. A middle-aged man is sitting inside.

"Good morning, sir. I want to rent this place." - Kyungsoo bows politely.

"Oh great! I have been waiting for you for months. Have a sit then we'll talk." - the man smiles.

Kyungsoo sits down. The man prepares tea and they begin the business.

"This place is the best place in Gangnam. You cannot find any place better than this. You see, the front area is very large and airy, perfect for eating area. The kitchen is large too so you won't have any trouble in cooking. The ventilation system runs very well. I have just got the wall painted and the floor tidied. And you can park your car here at anytime, free. The rental is 2.000.000 won per month. " - the man advertises.

"Sound great. I'll take this place."

"Perfect. We'll sign the contract now."

The man thanks Kyungsoo and takes out his laptop. He begins typing the contract. 

"Okay. First, may I know your number?"

"0123456789."

"Nice. Next, your name?"

"Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo."

Suddenly, the man stops typing. He widens his eyes. He is frozen for seconds then his body begins trembling. He is sweating. He closes the laptop without saying anything.

"Kyungsoo-ssi, I think you cannot rent this place anymore." - he nervously says.

"What? But why?" - Kyungsoo surprises.

~ The man's flashback ~

"Hong Dong Joo, I have something for you to do." - a woman said.

"What's it, madam?" - that man or Dong Joo, asked.

"Get rid of the Do family. Do not let them live. I don't want to see them in front of my eyes anymore."

"What?" - Dong Joo was frightened of his boss's command. She wanted him to kill a family. She wanted him to murder.

"You're going to refuse it? I've paid you so much money now you betray me? You dare to do it, Dong Joo?" - the woman rolled her eyes.

"No...Madam, I can do anything for you but killing someone is quite...This is a crime, madam."

"I know. I know it's a serious crime. But that's the price they have to pay for betraying me. You'll pay the same price if you dare to betray me, Hong Dong Joo."

"Y...yes...madam..."

"Deal with the parents only. Let the kids live. They're innocent."

"The kids?"

"Do Seung Yi and Do Kyungsoo. I'm merciful enough to let their kids live. Instead of turning their back at me, they have to thanks me."

"I've got it, madam. I'll do it now."

Dong Joo bowed and left the room. He took a deep breath before doing his mission. He didn't want to kill the family but this is his boss's command. If he hadn't done it, his family would die.

~ End flashback ~

"Just leave. I don't want to see you anymore. Don't come back here." - Dong Joo pushes Kyungsoo to the door.

"But why? Sir! I need a reason! Sir!"

Kyungsoo hasn't finished his words then Dong Joo closes the door and locks it. Kyungsoo is confused. What's wrong with him? He was very friendly at first but then he suddenly acted strangely. He acted like Kyungsoo is an evil spirit that wants to destroy his business.

Kyungsoo phone rings. It's Baekhyun. Kyungsoo immediately erases all his thoughts and happily picks up.

"What's it, Baek?"

"I heard you went out to rent a place. Succeeded?" - Baekhyun says.

"Not at all. The owner, he agreed to make a contract with me at first but then he suddenly closed his laptop and told me not to come back there. I just don't know why."

"Maybe you got bad luck. Next time, let me come to his place. I'll handle it for you."

"It's okay. I'll look for another place."

"No. You really like this place and you've been waiting for it for too long. Let me handle it for you. You cannot let go your dream, right?"

"Okay. Thank you, Baekhyun." - a smile appears on Kyungsoo's lips.

"You're welcome. Just remember to kiss me everything you see me then I'll do everything for you."

"ert."

Kyungsoo laughs and rides his bicycle home. He can count on Baekhyun now.

The next day, Baekhyun goes to Dong Joo's place. Dong Joo sees Baekhyun and greets him happily.

"Byun Baekhyun, Byun Ha Ji's son. Long time no see. You've grown up into a man now."

"Thank you, Dong Joo hyung. Ah, I have something to talk to you." - Baekhyun smiles and sits down.

"Say it."

"Yesterday, there was a young man came here to rent this place, wasn't it?"

"There was."

"His name is Do Kyungsoo. You had agreed to let him rent this place but you suddenly disagreed. Hyung, why did you do that? Was there anything wrong?"

"Ah...This...Uhm..." - Dong Joo stutters.

"What's it? You can tell me. I won't tell anybody."

"Baekhyun, you come here to help Kyungsoo, right?" - Dong Joo begins feeling nervous.

"Yeah. Because you didn't agree so I help him. Since we have known each other, I think it would be easier for me to make a contract with you than Kyungsoo." 

"No. Baekhyun ah, even it's you, I still won't let you rent this place."

"Why? Give me a reason, hyung."

"No, I can't tell you. I'm sorry. Just leave."

"Dong Joo hyung..."

"No, I'm sorry...Please go and look for another place..."

"Okay..." - Baekhyun sighs - "If you don't want to say it, I will stop asking you."

Dong Joo nods. Baekhyun stands up and leaves. Dong Joo is left alone. He feels regretful of something. He wants to fix his mistake but he just doesn't know how. Suddenly, his phone rings. It's his boss.

"Hello?" - he tremulously picks up.

"Hong Dong Joo, I guess you haven't forgot me yet." - his boss, the woman who told her to murder the Do family 15 years ago, says.

"Madam...What do you want me to do this time...?"

"You've got my point, Hong Dong Joo. This time, you don't have to kill anyone. You just need to stalk someone for me."

"May I know that person's name?"

"Do Kyungsoo." - she says. Dong Joo immediately drops his phone when he hears the name. His boss wants him to stalk Do Kyungsoo? 15 years ago, he killed Kyungsoo's family. Now he has to stalk Kyungsoo? Has his boss already lost her humanity? Dong Joo wipes his sweat and quickly picks his phone up.

"What's going on, Dong Joo?" - asks his boss.

"Nothing...Madam...Can I have a reason for stalking Do Kyungsoo?"

"You don't need to know it. Do what I command or you'll have to pay the price." - his boss threatens.

"Y...yes...madam..."

Dong Joo hangs up. He thinks for a while. Murdering someone is already a crime. Dong Joo has been a criminal for 15 years. He has been living in guiltiness and worry. Many times, he wanted to admit his crime but he didn't have enough courage to do it. His boss was too dangerous. If he had admitted his crime, his family would have been killed. Because of his own advantage, two people died and two kids became orphaned. He was such a coward. Now, Dong Joo doesn't want to be a coward anymore. He has made up his mind. He will stand up for justice and humanity. Dong Joo takes a deep breath before typing a series of number on his phone.

"Hello?" - someone picks up from the other side.

"Is this Do Kyungsoo? I'm Hong Dong Joo, the man you met yesterday at the premises for rent."

"I'm Do Kyungsoo. And you're the one that rejected my offer. You've changed your mind, sir?"

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I call you not because I've changed my mind. I have something important to talk to you. Can you come to my place?"


 Baekhyun goes home. He meets Kyungsoo at home. Kyungsoo has just returned from Dong Joo's place.

"How was it?" - Kyungsoo runs to his boyfriend.

"Just like you. He doesn't want us to rent the place." - Baekhyun shakes his head.

Baekhyun is having a bad feeling. That man, Hong Dong Joo, he must be hiding something from Baekhyun. Baekhyun is suspicious of Dong Joo.

"Nevermind. We'll find another place." - Kyungsoo sighs.

"This Friday, my mom is having a lecture about business at Il Woo convention center. I think you should come to learn about business. You want to open a restaurant, don't you?" 

"You want me to meet your mother?"

"Don't worry. She hasn't known that we're dating yet. Just come."

"Okay. I'll go."

Kyungsoo smiles and hug his lover, pressing his face against his lover's chest. He is smiling but his heart is breaking into pieces. When he was at Dong Joo's, Dong Joo told him the whole story. Dong Joo admitted that he had killed Kyungsoo's parents and begged for forgiveness. Kyungsoo couldn't believe in his ears anymore. For 15 years, Kyungsoo had been always thinking that his parents's death was just an accident. But after hearing Dong Joo's words, Kyungsoo knew the truth behind his parents' death. It wasn't just a normal accident. Someone had killed his parents on purpose. Kyungsoo was frozen for minutes. Tears began to fall. Kyungsoo hugged his face and cried. Dong Joo cried too.

Kyungsoo breaks the hug and stares at Baekhyun's eyes. He fakes a smiles. He is hiding the story from Baekhyun. He doesn't want to tell Baekhyun this. He is getting ready for a dark future ahead.   


Friday / Il Woo convention center / 11:00 A.M...

Byun Ha Ji is having a lecture about business. A lot of people come to see her since she is the president of BBH corporation, one of the three biggest corporation in South Korea. Kyungsoo is there too. He sits alone in the corner of the room. Ha Ji keeps lecturing. She doesn't notice Kyungsoo. While other people are taking down what Ha Ji is saying, Kyungsoo just sits in silence, starring at the screen with his teary eyes.

"This is the end of the lecture. Do you have any question?" - Ha Ji smiles. An arm raises up - "You please. What's your name?"

"My name is Choi Min Young and I'm from SBS TV." - a beautiful girl stands up.

"Noona..?" - Kyungsoo mumbles.

"Choi Min Young-sii, what do you want to ask me?"

"Madam Byun, in the lecture, you've said that the rivalry in business is very tough. It's so tough and serious that it can turn into a war at anytime. If we want to win that war, sometimes we have to cross the limit."

"Yes, I have said that."

"My question is have you ever crossed the limit? If you have, how far have you gone?"

"Of course I have crossed the limit for a few times. That's the rule of business. And I've never gone so far that I could go in jail."

"I don't think so, madam Byun."

"...What do you mean...?" - Ha Ji smiles disappears immediately.

"I think you've gone further than you say. You've gone so far that you've destroyed a family."

"Everyone do that. If you win the war, you'll become rich. The looser will have to suffer from it. That's business." - Ha Ji explains and some people in the room seem to agree with her.

"A family was destroyed 15 years ago. Parents died in a car accident on purpose, two kids were left alone and became orphaned. If it hadn't been for the inheritance money, those kids would have died with their parents. Killing people just to win the business war, that's called crossing the limit too and it's not so far that you can go in jail. If I want to win a business war with you, can I kill you too?" - Min Young emphasizes her words while rolling her eyes at Ha Ji - "I don't think so. Everybody always think of their advantage and victory. They don't know that they're blinded by the money and ambition. You're the same, madam Byun. Because of your desire and selfishness, a family was destroyed. President Byun, you're now not so different from 15 years ago. Just a ignoble businesswoman."

Min Young finishes her speech and sits down, leaving Byun Ha Ji in confusion. Not only Ha Ji but also Kyungsoo. They're wondering how Min Young knew this. How did she knew Kyungsoo's parents died in a car accident? How did she know that someone had done it on purpose? How? Ha Ji is dumbfounded. Although Min Young's words cannot convict Ha Ji but Ha Ji still feels nervous. Kyungsoo knits his eyesbrowns angrily. Choi Min Young is dangerous. She is not as native as she looks.

The lecture ends. Everyone go home. Ha Ji is left alone in the room. She throws her lecture paper on the ground. She is very angry. She was humiliated by a young girl.

Min Young is walking alone down the corridor then someone approaches her from behind. He pushes her into the wall and grabs her collar.

"How did you know that?" - he shouts into her face and his eyes turn all red.

"Kyungsoo ah..." - Min Young stutters.

"How did you know that? How did you know that my parents died in a car accident on purpose? How did you know that someone killed them just to win a business war? How did you know?" 

"Kyungsoo...I'm begging you..."

"Don't ever call my name!"

Kyungsoo screams. Min Young's tears begin to fall. She gulps and takes a deep breath.

"Kyungsoo ah...It's me...Seung Yi..."

"What...?"

"I'm your sister, Do Seung Yi."