Monster

EXO Next Door

I'm back! Now I can't remember the story plot properly :(


"Kim Tae Jung...He's Suho hyung's uncle..." - Kyungsoo widens his eyes.

"KYO Corporation....is my mom's partner..." - Baekhyun suddenly realizes something.


At the funeral house...

A lot of people attend Tae Jung's funeral, including the EXO member and Kyungsoo. Suho is kneeling beside his family, on his arm is a white strap with two black lines. He bites his lip, tries to hide his tears while his mom is crying. The atmosphere is depressing and tragic. After meeting the guests, Suho walks out to get some fresh air. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are waiting for him outside.

"Suho hyung." - Baekhyun calls - "We're sorry about your uncle."

"Hyung, would you mind if we asked you some questions? It's about your uncle." - Kyungsoo takes out a pen and a notebook.

"It's okay. I don't mind."

"Your uncle has just got back from the US. Why such a sudden?" - Baekhyun calmly asks.

"It's not really a sudden. He was supposed to come back to Korea in July but he did it a month early. He said he wanted to meet his family sooner and he had some troubles with his business."

"Troubles?"

"The business deal failed and lost 50 million won. I'm not sure but I heard that he wanted to sue his business partner but the lawsuit failed too."

"Who is his business partner?"

"The BBH group, your mom's coporation."

Hear of the BBH group, Baekhyun suddenly realizes something. His mom, Byun Ha Ji must be involved into this case. She must be the one who is standing behind all of this.

"Hyung, do you have the petition?"

"No, I don't but I do know where he keep it. Hope it can help you."

"Thank you, Suho hyung."

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo then followed Suho home. They arrive at the Kim mansion. Suho leads the couple to his uncle's room and they easily finds the cabinet which Tae Jung keeps his document in. Suho unlocks the cabinet and starts looking for the petition. Hardly had him reach the file than his aunt walked into the room. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun quickly nod at her instead of greeting. 

"Junmyeon, what are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for uncle's petition against BBH Cop."

"May I know the reason?"

"We're sorry. We can't tell you now." - Baekhyun says.

"I can't hand you guys that petition if you don't tell me the truth. Moreover, your uncle has died, what do you want from a dead person?"

"Aunt, I'm sorry to say this but uncle's death maybe not suiciding. A lot of things have happened recently and we can't tell you." - Kyungsoo acknowledges.

"The police and the press have confirmed that it was suiciding, I'm his wife and I'm not even opposing. You kids didn't witness the whole thing, how can you tell the truth? If you want this petition so badly, then give me the proof." 

"Aunt..."

"It's ok. We'll leave now."   

The trio leave the mansion in bare hands. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun return home, start immersing into their deep thoughts. This is strange. First, Kim Tae Jung's business has been going very well, he even got a promotion a half year ago. Second, his biggest business deal is the deal with BBH Corporation, which has been going very well too. Third, the deal with BBH has had some problems recently, that's why he had to get back to Korea. He could have found out that BBH had put a prank on him so he decided to sue them. He had all evidence in his hand, he would surely win the lawsuit, everything has been going on the right way, why should he kill himself? Unless he was forced to.

"Kyungsoo, this is strange. Why such a successful man like Kim Tae Jung kill himself? He has a wealthy and healthy life, his marriage is fine, his children are studying abroad, his only nephew who is Suho hyung is also successful as well." - Baekhyun says worriedly - "Moreover, his wife seems to have been hiding something. She kept preveting us from searching that petition."

"If Tae Jung's death hadn't been suiciding, then surely someone would have forced him to jump. This is a murder." - Kyungsoo is sweating - "About his wife, I could see that she was doubtful about her husband's death too. She might not have believed in her husband's death so she decided to reinvestigate but the perpetrator didn't want to be caught so he paid her some cash to shut up." 

"Suho hyung said that KYO's business partner is BBH Corporation, which is my mom company. Two months ago, BBH breached of the contract, which led to KYO's lost of profit. Kim Tae Jung is a intergrity so he couldn't stand this incident. He decided to prosecute BBH but he had died before the judgement. The lawsuit was canceled due to his death. This cannot be a coincidence. Someone must have done it on purpose."

"My parents fifteen years ago had a business deal with BBH too. BBH had breached the contract and my parents wanted to prosecute BBH but they had been murdered before the petition were handed to the court. What I'm trying to say is..."

"You mean my mom was standing behind all of this?"

"I didn't mean to hurt you..."

"It's okay, I'm thinking of the same thing."

"Everything now is just our speculates, we don't have any evidences."

"I'll find the way out."

BBH Corporation...

The next day, Baekhyun comes to visit his mother and join her business meeting. The meeting is about some deals between BBH and the media group, finding a way to promote BBH's products. When the meeting ends, everyone gets up and leaves the room, only Baekhyun and Byun Ha Ji are left. Byun Ha Ji is organizing some documents, not minding her son is goofing around.

"What's made you here, son?" - she asks.

"I just wanna know more about business since I can see you are very enthusiastic about this."

"Good. Do you have any question?"

"Yes, about Kim Tae Jung..." - Baekhyun looks away, trying to be natural. He has his phone hiding in his pocket, with the recording application .

"Go on." - Ha Ji hesitates a little bit before she agrees.

"Mom, don't you think it's weird? Kim Tae Jung is the marketing director of KYO Corporation, which is a quite big corporation. He is rich, he is successful, he has a nice life. Why would a man who is having a good time kill himself?"

"His personal life, we're not able to know."

"But what really make this case weirder is that Kim Tae Jung was on the winning side but he died right before the final judgenment. His wife seemed to have been doubtful about this case but she didn't investigate in and tried to hide the truth. I don't think this is a coincidence."    

"Baekhyun, there are lots of things in life that you don't need to know."

"Like what, mom? I'm curious."

"Like I said before, in business sometimes businessmen have to cross the limit. Sometimes we have to threaten our rival, sometimes we have to turn their life from heaven to hell, sometimes we have to shut their mouth to prevent disadvantages." 

"Shut their mouth? You mean paying them money?"

"Money can talk... but corpses cannot."

Baekhyun widens his eyes. Now it's clearly that Byun Ha Ji has been standing behind all of this, including Kyungsoo's parents and Kim Tae Jung's death. Baekhyun is shivering. He can't believe that his lovely mother is a murder. She is such a cool-blooded woman that she can kill anybody blocking her way without hesitation. She would do anything just to fulfill her greed and selfishness. Not only cheating in business, she also kill innocent people. She is a monster. Baekhyun can't stand the thought that he is the son of a monster. His parents got divorce when he was young. His father took his older brother, left him and his mother to go to another country, restart a new life. Baekhyun wonders if his father broke up with his mother due to her cruelty. He starts doubting that is the BBH group really his mother's property or not, did it use to belong to his father or not, did Byun Ha Ji steal it from his father or not. Baekhyun's mind is filled with questions.

Byun Ha Ji finishes organizing her documents. She turns to her son, sees him standing in confusion. Without a word, Byun Ha Ji sneaks her hand into Baekhyun's pocket and takes his phone out, press the 'Stop recording' button. Baekhyun is startled, realizes that his plan has been busted.

"Baekhyun, you're my only son. Don't make me disappointed." 

Byun Ha Ji deletes the record and returns the phone to her son, leaves the room. Baekhyun can feel his surrounding is collapsing. All of his plans have crashed. Suddenly, his phone rings. It's Kyungsoo.

"How it's going?" 

"Crap, I failed. My mom found out our plan, she deleted the record."

"It's fine. We'll try again."

"The main problem is that my mom found out we're opposing her. I'm her only son, I can't..."

"Baek, I understand. You should take her side, she is your mother. I can handle this by myself."

"But..."

"Promise me that you won't get involved in this case."

"Okay..."

Baekhyun hangs up. He knows that he cannot betray his mother but she is a monster. Perhaps since Baekhyun is Byun Ha Ji's one and only son, she wouldn't do anything to him if he was against her. But who can make sure that a monster won't kill its child? In the Goryeo dynasty, members of the royal family murdered each other to protect their regality. In the Tang dynasty, empress We Zetian killed her own child since he had been blocking her way. In the Qing dynasty, empress Dowager Cixi also sent her family members to death to gain her political power. Anyone who is blinded by money and ambition would do anything to benefit themselves, including Byun Ha Ji. Maybe Kyungsoo's words are right. Baekhyun should stay on Ha Ji's side, not to support her but to spy on her. Since Kyungsoo is now busy solving Kim Tae Jung's case, Baekhyun has to help him breaking his parents' case.  

Coffee shop / 9:00 A.M...

The next morning. Kyungsoo and Min Young have an appointment with Hong Dong Joo at a coffee shop. The Do siblings has come a little bit early so they sit at the table, have breakfast with some beverages.

"Kyungsoo, do you think we'll succeed in this case? I can't trust Hong Dong Joo for he was the murderer in our parents' case." - Min Young says and takes a sip of cappuccino.  

"You have to trust him, noona, because right now, we cannot trust anybody but Hong Dong Joo. Last time I met him, he told me the truth about our parents's death and he seemed to have been very guilty." - Kyungsoo answers while cutting his waffle.

"I'll try then."

The siblings no sooner had finished their breakfast, Hong Dong Joo walked in. He wears a black outfit with a black cap, trying to hide his face. He sits down opposite to the siblings, starts talking with a low voice.

"Why do you want to see me? Byun Ha Ji might find out and you'll be in danger."

"Hong Dong Joo, I need you to tell us the truth." - Kyungsoo says.

"I swear."

"Kim Tae Jung's death is not suiciding, right?"

"Yes, it's a murder."

"You forced him, didn't you?"

"Yes yes, I did. Byun Ha Ji ordered me to get rid of Kim Tae Jung but tried to make it look like a suiciding." - Hong Dong Joo's voice gets lower and lower as he speaking - "I met him at the Han river. I told him not to prosecute BBH group, keep silent and live a quiet life but he didn't obey. He said he would sue BBH and Byun Ha Ji, bring all of her pranks to light. I had no choice but threatening him. I told him to jump off the river, if not I would kill his family. And he jumped."

"What about the petition? His wife kept hiding the petition, why would she do that when she was doubtful about her husband's death?" - Min Young added.

"She had wanted to look in this case but Byun Ha Ji met her, paid her some money and order her to keep quiet."

"Hong Dong Joo, we need you to go to the police and admit crime. You're the only witness."

"I will. I don't want to live a guilty life forever."

"Tell us, what can we do to accuse Byun Ha Ji? Your admission is not enough."

"Byun Ha Ji has an amnesia. She has a special pen that can record anything she says. Whenever she has a business meeting or an appointment with me, she will record."

"The evidence is in the pen. We need to get the pen."

"Byun Ha Ji keeps the pen in a special cabinet, which located at the underground station. You guys shouldn't risk your life. Tomorrow, I'll try getting that pen for you."

"Thank you, Hong Dong Joo."

"One more thing. Byun Ha Ji is not the final boss."

"What do you mean? There is another one standing behind her?" - Min Young surprises.

"Byun Ha Ji, in a word, is the piggy bank of a parliamentarian. The parliamentarian's name is Lee Bum Woo, who is representing for Gangnam district. Lee Bum Woo is running for the Minister election so he need lots of money to run campaign. Byun Ha Ji is the solution for his economy problem and they have a deal."

"Lee Bum Woo helps Byun Ha Ji standing still in business. Byun Ha Ji helps Lee Bum Woo running campaign." - Kyungsoo is trying to understand the situation.

"All the case that I've been through, as you can see that they are simply business war but the truth is, they are related to Lee Bum Woo. Your parents, Kim Tae Jung and lots more are Lee Bum Woo's enemies. He ordered Byun Ha Ji to get rid of them but Byun Ha Ji is the president of a big corporation, she cannot commit crime. That's why she ordered me to do it."

"Hong Dong Joo is the puppet of Byun Ha Ji. But Byun Ha Ji is the puppet of Lee Bum Woo. Things are getting more complicated."

"Thanks for today, Hong Dong Joo."

Hong Dong Joo nods and quickly leaves the shop. The Do siblings sit in silence. They cannot believe that their parents and Kim Tae Jung's death has turned into such complicated cases. Their parents are normal businessman and businesswoman, how could they upset a parliamentarian? Maybe they had found out the parliamentarian's bribe so they decided to accuse him but they were killed before they could anything.

Cheongdamdong Station / 11:00 A.M...

Hong Dong Joo is driving his car, on his way to the station. Min Young and Kyungsoo are following him behind. Today is the day that justice will be brought to light.

Dong Joo comes to a crossroad. He stop his car, waiting for the traffic light. The Do siblings are right behind him, watching his moves. The red light turns off, the green light appears. Dong Joo starts his car and drives. He has just drives to the middle of the corssroad then a giant truck suddenly comes across and hits his car. Dong Joo looses control of his car and hits a tree nearby. The windshield is broken into pieces and smoke starts fuming. His car is badly damaged and himself is hard to stay alive. The giant truck is nowhere to be seen. Kyungsoo and Min Young quickly rush to Dong Joo, pull him out of the car.

"Try to breath, Dong Joo. You have to stay alive." - Kyungsoo is doing the CPR.

"Byun Ha Ji must have done this. She has found out our plan." - Min Young helps stopping the blood.

"No... I don't think I can live anymore.... Byun Ha Ji... will surely kill me..." - Dong Joo gulps, tries to take all of his remaining energy - "The pen..."

"What did you say?" - Kyungsoo leans closer.

"The pen... Cheongdamdong... Station... Cabinet... Number 4... 0... 9..."

No sooner had Dong Joo said the number, he died.