Cheese In The Trap

EXO Next Door

A/N: Sorry for updating late (๑•́ ω •̀๑) I was busy with my school project and I also lost my motivation so sorry for the late chapter. Enjoy reading ♥ Happy lunar new year! Wish you luck and happiness ( ˘ ³˘)❤


"Don't ever call my name again!"

Kyungsoo screams. Min Young's tears begin to fall. She glups and takes a deep breath.

"Kyungsoo ah...It's me...Seung Yi..."

"What...?"

"I'm your sister, Do Seung Yi."


Kyungsoo can't believe in his ears anymore. What did she say? Choi Min Young is Kyungsoo's sister? Unbelievable! Kyungsoo's sister died in an airplane crash 15 years ago. But Min Young has been acting strange recently. Kyungsoo caught Min Young glancing at him several time. She often fakes smiles and sweats when she is with Kyungsoo. Moreover, she knows all about Kyungsoo's childhood and his parents' accident. She also has suspicion on Byun Ha Ji. And Min Young looks like she isn't lying. But Kyungsoo doesn't want to believe what she said.

"Liar..." - Kyungsoo rolls his eyes.

"You're the one who lied, Do Kyungsoo! You lied to me! How could you? You promised me that everything were going to be fine. Our parents were still alive. The bad guy would be convicted and our family would live happily ever after. But those were all lies! Why did you lie to me, Kyungsoo? Why?"

Min Young screams and cries out loud in pain. She hits Kyungsoo's chest and keeps blaming him. Kyungsoo releases Min Young's collar. He looks at Min Young, who is crying like a baby. Choi Min Young is Kyungsoo's long lost sister for real. She is Do Seung Yi. That promise from 15 years ago was a secret between Kyungsoo and his sister.

~ Kyungsoo's flashback ~

20/03/2000...

Two days after the horrible accident. Kyungsoo and Seung Yi were sent to an orphanage. Kyungsoo was 7 and Seung Yi was 8. Although Kyungsoo was younger than his sister but he acted like an adult. Watching his sister suffering from the accident, Kyungsoo decided to be the one who protect his sister. He didn't want his sister to be like that. She had to live. She had to grow up. She had to overcome this ostacle. That day, Seung Yi was sitting on the couch, hugging her teddy bear, looking outside the window. Her eyes were soulless. Her face was emotionless. Kyungsoo sat down next to Seung Yi.

"Kyunggie..." - Seung Yi turned to her little brother.

"Yes, noona?"

"Our parents...They're dead, right? There's no chance of them to come back to us, right? We're now orphan..."

"Who say our parent are dead?" - Kyungsoo innocently blurted out.

"Kyunggie..."

"They're not dead...They're still alive...They will come back to us...The bad guy will be convicted and we will live happily ever after." - Kyungsoo continued lying although he knew that if Seung Yi had found out, she would have been really hurt. But he had to, because he had to protect his sister.

"Are you telling the truth, Kyunggie?"

"Yes, I am."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Seung Yi smiled for the first time after the accident. She tangled her pinkie with Kyungsoo. Two months later, Seung Yi was adopted by a rich family while Kyungsoo stayed with his home-run teacher. Seung Yi went to France with her new family and changed her name to Choi Min Young. The day Seung Yi went to France, another airplane went to France crashed into a mountain. Kyungsoo did think that Seung Yi were in that airplane crash. He thought his sister were dead until now...

~ End Kyungsoo's flashback ~

Kyungsoo kneels down on the floor. He holds Min Young's face and looks at her. He hugs her in tears.

"Sister...You're back..."


* French Bistro...

Kyungsoo and Min Young are having a meal together. They have roast goose liver, mushroom salad, spaghetti with red wine.

"Noona, why aren't you eating?" - Kyungsoo asks.

"I'm sick of French food. Enjoy yourself." - Min Young shrugs.

"I'm sorry...I didn't know that. I thought it would be better for you to eat French food than Korean."

"You don't have to apologize. It's not your fault."

"Noona, would you tell me how was your life in France? Why your name is Choi Min Young?"

"A rich couple adpoted me. Two weeks after leaving the orphanage, I went to France with them. Because their last name is Choi so they named me Choi Min Young."

"I thought you were in the airplane crash, the one that went to France."

"That one was FFY123. Mine was FFY126..." - Min Young lets out a deep sigh - "What about you, Kyungsoo? How is your life?"

"I'm still unemployed now. I'm finding a place to open my own restaurant."

"That's a good idea. Ah, where do you live?"

"Mega Design Plaza, in Gangnam district. Noona, you must be living in hotel now. Do you want to move in with me?"

"How sweet of you! Of course, Kyungsoo. I'll pack my things tonight."

The two then sit in silence. Kyungsoo keeps looking down on the table while his sister keeps turning her wine glass. She takes a sip of red wine and eventually stares into Kyungsoo's eyes. Kyungsoo strares back at her without blinking. Kyungsoo knows that Min Young is going to talk about something serious. Her looks says that she isn't joking. Kyungsoo gulps and waits. Min Young leans closer and slowly moves her pink lips.

"Kyungsoo ah, let's revenge..."

"..."

"For our mom and dad..."


3:00 P.M / BBH department store...

Baekhyun is strolling around the store. People are starring at him. A lot of fans follow him. Suddenly, he spots a familiar figure. He walks to that figure and smiles brightly.

"Kyungsoo! What are you doing here?"

"Baekhyun?" - Kyungsoo looks at his boyfriend with his big eyes - "I need to buy something for my sister. She has just returned to Korea."

"You have a sister?"

"...Yeah...A year older than me..." - Kyungsoo stutters when he mentions his sister.

"Can I see her? She must be very beautiful."

"She is..."

Baekhyun pats Kyungsoo's shoulder and hold his hand, leads him to the hand bag store. There are many bags there. Expensive ones, cheap ones, big ones, small ones, leather ones, woolen ones, cotton ones and even EXO ones. Baekhyun picks a pink hand bag.

"Does your sister like pink?"

"I don't know. But her phone is pink."

"Okay. Should I move to the next one? Wool?"

"I don't think she likes wool. She is really a fashionista."

"Gucci? No, it shouldn't be Gucci. Tao will kill me if he knows I buy a Gucci bag for someone else not him." - Baekhyun chuckles and grabs an EXO bag - "Does she like EXO?"  

"Maybe." - Kyungsoo remembers how Oh Sehun appeared in his sister's phone background wallpaper and how it made him screamed out loud - "She sets Sehun as her phone background wallpaper."

"Great. Let's buy this ugly Yehet bag."

Baekhyun picks a Sehun bag and walks to the cashier with Kyungsoo. While they are paying for the bag, a group of reporters suddenly rushes into the store. Byun Ha Ji is with them too. They set up the cameras, microphone and light. Some staffs is about to stop the reporters but Ha Ji has given them a sign so they move backward. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are still standing in curiosity. A reporter steps forward and begins her speech.

"Here we are at BBH department store. These days, there is a rumour that bags in BBH department store are sold in very high prices, much higher than other department stores. Is this rumour true or not? Now, we will check the price. I am Lee Sae Ri, KBS reporter."

The reporter picks a bag and starts asking a staff.

"What is this kind of bag?"

"It's the newest one from Channel. It's made from 100% leather imported from Italy." - the staff opens the bag and shows the inside to the camera - "This bag is a hot trend to students nowsaday. Students bring it to school to show off their great and mordern taste of fashion."

"How much does it cost?"

"Their is three types. The first one, the A++, is 2,000,000 won. The second one, the A+, is 1,000,000 won. The last one, the A, is 900,000 won."

"Isn't it too expensive?"

"The more expensive the more they buy. That's life."

"There is a hand bag store near the department. They sell this kind of bag too but it's much cheaper. How would you explain this?"

"Those bags are fake. Ours are real ones, imported from Italy."

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo has been watching them. The more expensive the more they buy. Such a great marketing way. While the reporter was interviewing the staff, Baekhyun turned around and sees his mom, who was showing the staff how to open the bag and advertise their product in a not-so-swanky way. Baekhyun knitted his eyebrowns. He felt anxious. If his mom let the reporters put this news on TV, the BBH department store would gain bad reputation and in the near furture, the would be no more customer come and buy at the store. Why did Ha Ji do this?

The interview ends. The reporters leave. Baekhyun tells Kyungsoo to go home first. Kyungsoo sliently nods and does what Baekhyun tells him. After Kyungsoo has left, Baekhyun turns to his mom, who is walking with her bodyguards.

"Mom, why did you do that?" - he asks.

"Do what, my dear?"

"You let the reporters put bad news about our store on TV. What if there will be no one come and buy at the store in the furture?"

"Honey, you know what? People are easily attracted to something popular and trendy. If those bags appear on TV, people will know about it and buy it at our store. Isn't it a good thing?"

"But..."

"That's call making use of marketing."

Ha Ji pats her son's head and leaves.

The next day, Baekhyun returns to the store. He is amazed. His mom's words were right. The bag store is crowed. People line up and buy the bags that appear on the news athough they're extremely expensive. People...are easily attracted to something popular and trendy...How weird...

A month later. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are still dating. Kyungsoo hasn't told Baekhyun the truth about his past, Byun Ha Ji and Choi Min Young. Speaking of Choi Min Young, she has moved to Kyungsoo's place and lives with him. The two live happily with each other as if nothing was happened. Min Young has stopped talking about her revenge but she can't help thinking about it.

10:00 A.M

*DING DOONG~!*

Baekhyun is standing in front of 2302 house. On his hand is a bouquet of white baby's breath. Kyungsoo loves this kind of flower the most. After waiting for seconds, someone comes and opens the door for Baekhyun.

"Hello? Who..." - the person pauses - "Byun Baekhyun?"

"You must be Kyungsoo's sister, right? Nice to meet you." - Baekhyun smiles.

"Nice to meet you too. You come to see Kyungsoo? Sorry, he isn't here at the moment."

"Oh, really? Well, that's a shame..."

"Do you want to wait inside?" - Min Young suddenly thinks of an idea - "I can make coffee for you."

"Thank you, Kyungsoo's sister."

 "My name is Min Young."

Min Young nods and leads Baekhyun inside. Baekhyun sits on the couch while Min Young preparing the coffee.

"How long has you been dating my Kyunggie?" - Min Young asks.

"How could you know that?"

"If you're not dating Kyunggie, what makes you come at this time and bring him his favorite flower?"

"Right. We've been dating..uhm...for more than a month. What would you say if one day, I became you brother-in-law?"

"Whatever."

Min Young walks out from the kitchen with a cup of coffee on her hand. She places the cup on the table and leans her looks on the bouquet.

"May I arrange it for Kyunggie?"

"Yeah, it would be great."

Min Young takes out a vase and starting arranging the flower. She sits next to Baekhyun, who is happily drinking coffee and eating biscuit.

"Hey, you're Kyungsoo so you must know a lot about his past. He never reveals his past to me. Can you tell me a little?"

Min Young stops her action for a while. She turns her brother's boyfriend and looks at him.

"Do you really wanna hear?" - she asks, coldly.

"Of course. I want to know more about my Kyunggie."

"Okay...Kyunggie lost his parent when he was 7. And you know why his parents were dead? It was just not an accident."

"..."

Jung-gu district

"The person you call doesn't answer. Please leave a voice message after the beep..."

Kyungsoo hangs up. He tries to call Baekhyun many times but in vain. Baekhyun must be very busy right now. Kyungsoo continues walking on the street and suddenly, he bumps into someone. Someone who is tall, rich-teeth and big ears. 

"Ouch...! Chanyeol?" - Kyungsoo scratches his head.

"Kyungsoo? What a considence!" - Chanyeol shows his gummy smile.

"What are you doing here?"

"Coffee. And you?"

"Nothing."

"You wanna go for a walk with me?"

"Ah, Chanyeol, have you seen Baekhyun around? I've tried to call him many times but he doesn't pick up."

"Baek?" - Chanyeol is quite heartbroken when Kyungsoo mentions that square-mouth-guy - "I saw him walk into your house minutes ago. A girl invited him in. Who is she? Is she your sister?"

"Oh no..." - Kyungsoo realizes his sister's intrigue - "Yeah, she is my sister and Baekhyun will be in danger if he is with her..."

"What? Bacon will what? Hey Kyungsoo! You wanna go with me or not?"

"I'm sorry Yeol. I've just seen Chen at the corner. Go with him."

Kyungsoo quickly rushes to his house. If he leaves Baekhyun with his sister for too long, Baekhyun will be in danger. Min Young has always wanted a revenge on Byun Ha Ji. Byun Baekhyun is Byun Ha Ji's son. And Baekhyun is now with Min Young. Such a great opportunity for Min Young to start her plan. Who knows what will Min Young do with Baekhyun? Will she stab him with a knife? Or will she force him to jump out of the window from floor 23rd? God knows!

2302

"Kyungsoo's parents, or our parents, died in a traffic accident. A truck bumped into their car. That horrible scene happened right in front of Kyungsoo's school gate...right in front of his eyes. Like I said...that was not just an accident. Someone did it on purpose. Someone...wanted to kill them." - Min Young continues her story while starring at Baekhyun.

"...Who did it..?" - Baekhyun is still focusing on the story without suspicion.

"A president of a big coporation. Because that president had received to much bribery and taken advatage on our parents so they decided to sue the president. The president was scared that the coporation would lost reputation, profit and fame so the president hired a man to caused the accident and killed them....Until now, people still think that our parents death was an accident...not a murder."

"Such a bad guy. Can I have the president's name?"

"The president name is..."

.

.

.

.

.

"NOONA!"

Kyungsoo suddenly interrupted the conversation. He has returned home. Just in time, before Min Young could spit out that name. Like Kyungsoo has predicted, Min Young would surely tell Baekhyun everything about their past in order to cause a war between the Do and the Byun. Luckily, Kyungsoo has stopped his sister's plan. 

"Hey Kyungsoo! I come to see you. I also bring you flower!" - Baekhyun points at the flower vase.

"Noona, what did you tell him?" - Kyungsoo tries to catch his breath.

"Nothing." - Min Young calmly drinks a sip of tea.

"Noona...Stop what you're doing."

"Wow wow, calm down, Kyungsoo. Your sister hasn't say anything bad about you. She was just talking about your past. Well, it's horrible, though." - Baekhyun grabs Kyungsoo's shoulder and turns to Min Young - "Oh, and you say the president's name is..."

"I'll leave it for next time. Kyunggie doesn't want me to talk about his past." - Min Young smiles.

"I guess so. Goodbye."

"Baek, meet me outside."

Kyungsoo says and storms out. Baekhyun nods and follows Kyungsoo to the park behind the building. 

"Well, here I am. What do you want to say to me, Kyungsoo?"

"Baekhyun ah, try not to get close to my sister..." - Kyungsoo crosses his arms around his chest.

"But why? She's friendly, and kind too."

"Yes, she is friendly and kind. But that's just how she looks like. Min Young noona..."

"Kyungsoo, are you jealous with your sister?" - Baekhyun frowns.

"What?"

"Your attitude is kinda weird. Are you afraid that Min Young will steal me away from you?"

"No, I'm not. Baekhyun ah..."

"Then why are you backbiting your sister so much?"

"I...You don't understand, Baekhyun..." - Kyungsoo scratches his head and sits down on a bench.

"Then tell me the truth."

"I...I can't..."

"Kyungsoo..."

"I'm sorry...but I can't...!"

Kyungsoo screams out loud. His tears are ready to fall. Baekhyun kneels down and caresses his face.

"It's okay. You can tell me some day."

"But Baekhyun ah, can you...promise me something?"

"Yes?"

"Can you promise me...not to get close to my sister...?"

"Okay...If that's what you want..."

Baekhyun smiles and kisses Kyungsoo on his forehead. 


8:00 A.M

Kyungsoo is walking in the park behind the building like usual. Every morning, he goes jogging like this. He wants to get some fresh air to release stress. He is very tired these days. Bad things happen at the same time. How bad his luck is. Busy thinking, Kyungsoo doesn't notice that there is a black motorbike ridding behind him, fast. That motorbike runs close to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo turns around as he hears the engine sound. The motorbike is ready to hit Kyungsoo in a second. Kyungsoo closes his eyes and waites for the crash. Suddenly, someone quickly grabs Kyungsoo's arm and drags him into a bush nearby. Kyungsoo falls on the grass. He has survived.

"Hyung!" - Kyungsoo's savior calls his name and shakes his body - "Kyungsoo hyung! Are you okay? Hyung!"

Kyungsoo slowly opens his eyes and a familiar face appears in front of his eyes. 

"Jongin...?"

Kyungsoo's savior is Kai. Kai accidentally saw Kyungsoo jogging so he wanted to join in. A motorbike suddenly came and was about to hit his hyung. Kai quickly dragged Kyungsoo to a bush nearby and successfully saved his crush.

"Hyung, are you ok? Does it hurt anywhere?" - Kai worriedly asks.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you, Jongin. Thanks a lot. I'd have gone to the hospital if you hadn't been there."

"It's nothing, hyung. By the way, who would ride a motorbike in a park? Such a crazy person. I should complaint this to the police."

Kai helps Kyungsoo to get up and the two walks home. On the way home, Kyungsoo keeps thinking about that motorbike rider. That guy is not crazy or stupid enough to ride a motorbike in the park. He did it on purpose. He surely had something on Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo returns home. He meets Min Young, who is working in the living room.

"Kyunggie, why your face is so gray? Are you sick?" - Min Young asks.

"No, I'm not. Noona, earlier, something happened to me."

"What?"

"A motorbike rode so close to me that it was about to hit me. And Kai saved me."

"Ridding a motorbike in a park? Is that guy crazy?"

"Noona, I'm thinking that if that accident wasn't just an accident."

"You mean like...our parents...?" - Min Young smile disappears right away.

"Yes. What if that guy wanted to harm me? He is not crazy or stupid enough to ride a motorbike in a park."

"Sounds reasonably. But who wants to hurt you, Kyunggie?"

"I don't know..."


11:27 A.M

The next day. Today, Kyungsoo is quite nervous when he is out. He's scared to be hurt by someone again. But he has Chanyeol going with him so he is not so worried. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are at a cafe. They're chatting happily.

"I heard that your sister had come back to Korea." - Chanyeol smiles.

"Uhm." - Kyungsoo drinks a sip of americano.

"I'm glad that you go out with me today, Kyungsoo."

The two continue their conversation. From the front door walks in a man in mechanic clothes. He is carrying a tool box. He might be the plumber that the cafe manager called earlier. He walks to the counter with a cap on his head.

"Are you the plumber from the ABC company?" - a staff asks.

"Yes, I am. I was called to fix the water pipe here." 

"Please go this way."

The man nods. The staff continues her work without suspicion. The takes a few steps forward then he puts the tool box down on the floor. He stands there in silence. Some customers looks at him.

"What are you doing there? Just go inside! The pipe is dripping awfully." - the staff complaints.

The man smirks. He slowly opens his tool box and suddenly takes out something. 

 

A gun.

 

He takes out a gun and shots at the ceiling. Everyone hide under the tables. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo too.

"Who is Do Kyungsoo? Come here right now!"

The man screams out loud and continues shooting. He shoots at the kitchen. A chef was shot into his leg. Some female customers burst into tears.

"Who the is Do Kyungsoo?"

"Kyungsoo...Why is he...looking for you...?" - Chanyeol is sweating hard.

"I...don't...know..." - Kyungsoo tries to catches his breath.

" it! Where are you, Do Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo hugs his knees. He peeps outside and sees a black motorbike. It's the guy yesterday. Kyungsoo knows clearly that this time, thatguy is not crazy or stupid. He surely does this on purpose. He must has something on Kyungsoo. But what did Kyungsoo do to make him angry? Kyungsoo mind turns blank. He can't think of any solution for this horrible situation.

"Do Kyungsoo!!!" - the guy keeps calling Kyungsoo's name.

"Should I come out there?" - Kyungsoo whispers.

"Are you crazy? If you come out there, you'll die. That guy, he has a gun. A gun!"

"But..."

"Kyungsoo...listen to me..." - Chanyeol turns to Kyungsoo and looks at him in the eyes. Chanyeol has never been serious like this in his life before - "Kyungsoo...I've lost you once...now...I won't make it twice..."

"..."

"...I've lost you to Baekhyun...If you come out there, I'll have lost you twice...Kyungsoo ah...I won't loose you anymore..."

"Chanyeolie...I..."

"Think of another idea, Kyungsoo...You're smart...I can't let you go..."

"Police...Should we call the police...?"

"Did you bring your phone with you?"

"My phone..." - Kyungsoo looks in his pocket but his phone isn't there - "Oh god, I dropped it under the tree pot..."

"Damn it!"

"I'll go and take it."

"No, I'll go."

Chanyeol says and shows his gummy smile. Kyungsoo gulps and nods. Chanyeol crawls out of the table. He glances at the crazy guy. Great, he is not looking at this side. Chanyeol continues crawling to the tree pot. He finally reaches the tree pot and grabs Kyungsoo's phone. He presses 119.

"Hello? This is the police station." - an officer picks up.

"Help. There is a terrorist attack here."

"Describe it."

"A man disguises as a plumber and walked in. He suddenly took out a gun and shot everywhere."

"Has anyone hurt?"

"A chef, I guess."

"Tell me the address."

Chanyeol is about to tell the address then someone call him.

"That guy." - the man points the guy at Chanyeol. Chanyeol slowly turns around - " You, the one with big ears and hiding behind the table. Stand up!"

Chanyeol stands up, raises up his arms with the phone on his hand. Other customers stares at him, surprisingly. They begins whispering.

"Is that EXO Chanyeol?"

"Park Chanyeol? What is he doing?"

"Oh no...He's in danger..."

"SHUT THE UP PEOPLE!" - the man yells and looks at the phone on Chanyeol's hand. 119 - "You're calling the police? Hang up now! No, tell the police that everything are fine and you're just doing a prank call. Do it now!"

"..."

"Do it now or I'll shoot you! Do it or die?"

Chanyeol bites his lower lip. He places the phone on his ears. He continues the conversation with the police.

"I'm sorry but..."

"Come on. Say it!"

"The address is 897 Dongmun Street Gangnam-gu!"

Chanyeol quickly says the address and hangs up. The man can't believe in his ears anymore.

"You..."

"Chan...Why did you mess up with him...?" - Kyungsoo mumbles.

"So what? I've called the police. You can't do anything now." - Chanyeol smirks provocatively - "You have lost."

"GO TO HELL!!!"

He looses control of his temper. He shoots two shots. Everyone screams. The window behind Chanyeol breaks into pieces. Kyungsoo widens his eyes. Chanyeol falls on the floor. Blood.

"Chanyeol!" - Kyungsoo runs to Chanyeol. His tears fall - "Chanyeol ah! Park Chanyeol! Are you ok? Answer me! Chanyeol ah!"