two

Marriage on the Rocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

two.

 

As soon as Minho heads out for work, Jonghyun grabs his car keys, wallet and phone before getting out of the house. He wants to surprise Minho tonight with a romantic candlelight dinner. Jonghyun chuckles to himself for being a romanticist as he drives towards a huge supermarket. He jolly knows that Minho has forgotten about their 2000th day of being together as a couple since they first dated. Minho is never good at remembering other dates or days except Jonghyun’s birthday and their anniversary.

Jonghyun starts to put the groceries he has bought earlier in the fridge and begins to decorate the house. He has bought balloons, decorative papers and roses on the way home earlier on. Jonghyun grins as he pastes the letters and number papers of “Happy 2000th Day” on the wall with some blue-tack. He begins to blow some red balloons and tie them nicely before sticking them on the wall. Jonghyun looks around his apartment with a sense of accomplishment, he knows that he is always good at the art-field. He likes the work he has done and secretly hopes Minho will appreciate his gesture after neglecting him for a few months. He knows that he hasn’t shown his duty as a good ‘wife’ to Minho for the past few months and he feels apologetic about it. Between them, they’ve sort of agree that Jonghyun will take the ‘wife’ role as he enjoys cooking plus most importantly, he’s a bottom. While Minho enjoys cleaning the house and organizing things properly because he is a neat guy, Jonghyun once argued that Minho makes a good ‘housewife’ and he should be the ‘wife’ instead. However both of them know that at this era, there should be no stereotypes on whether cooking or doing housework is a girl or boy thing because anyone can cook, anyone can do housework. Plus, Jonghyun kind of enjoys being labeled as ‘Minho’s wife’.

As Jonghyun feels something missing in his decoration plan, his gaze lands on a bunch of red roses he bought. Oh yes! He picks up the roses and skips to the bedroom before pulling out the petals and forms a heart shape on the bed. The rest of the rose petals are kept in a small basket for their Jacuzzi later.

Jonghyun lays down his favourite cream coloured tablecloth on to the dining table. He hums to Kibum’s new solo song as he places the utensils and plates properly. He inserts the candles onto the two candle stands before getting ready to cook. He’s going to make steak, fries, mushroom soup and pasta salad for such a romantic setting. He can’t wait to ask Minho a dance before they can get into a Jacuzzi later. Time to show all the love he has for Minho tonight. He smiles to himself as he puts on the apron and starts to make the cooking pan drizzling.

 

*************************************

 

“Min, let’s have dinner tonight, hmm?” Taemin whispers hotly to Minho’s ears as they are cuddling on the couch in Minho’s office.

“I can’t,” Minho puts his hand on Taemin’s thigh. “Jonghyun says I have to be at home tonight.”

“Reject him for me.” Taemin looks into Minho’s eyes earnestly.

“I’ve already promised him,” Minho sighs as he feels a slight irritation because of Taemin. “Plus, you know I’m married. I have to go back to Jonghyun.”

Taemin can feel his anger rising anytime. Minho has just rejected him because of his old and ugly “wife”. “Minho, really? What am I to you?”

“Taemin, you told me before that you don’t mind of my martial status, do you remember?”

“I MIND NOW! I can’t stand you forgoing out dates and reject me for di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter