eleven

Marriage on the Rocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

eleven.

 

“Taemin, slow down! You will get drunk!”

Taemin ignores his hyung words and starts to empty his third beer mug. Minho has broken up with him; he is feeling sore all over, especially his heart. He really needs some alcohol to numb the painful feeling in his chest.

Onew looks at his younger brother with hurt. He has never seen his baby brother being so upset before. He wonders which jerk has caused his brother to hurt like this. Even so, he knows that first love is unforgettable… like his first boyfriend.

His first boyfriend was a beautiful teenager back then. They both love music and singing which made them joined their school’s band. His ex sang with a bass while Onew sang with a keyboard. As they were in the same band, they often had band practice together for their school gigs. The longer they spent time together; they were more certain how they felt for each other. They were each other’s first love; they fell in love, had their first kiss, first hug and eventually their first intimate moments… It was then when entrance exams were coming up; they were too busy for each other. After the exams, they got into different universities and eventually drifted apart. It was during his sophomore year, he realized his ex had found someone new. Onew was still affected by his first love thus he pursued his masters and pHD in New York to forget about his ex. He just came back from Korea to look for a job and probably to catch up with his first love. However, all these can wait because his baby brother is having a hard time.

“What kind of guy is he?” Onew pats Taemin’s back slowly.

“Sweet and caring…married guy.”

“What? You hooked up with a married guy?” Onew is beyond shocked, “How could you break a marriage up?”

“Ha, I can’t break his marriage if he doesn’t hook up with me right? It’s his fault too.” Taemin smirks as he gulps another mug of beer.

Onew thinks for a while and agrees with what Taemin has just said. In conclusion, he can only say that heartbreaker is a jerk for toying his baby brother’s feelings and at the same time being unfaithful to his partner. A total jerk indeed. “Damn, who is that guy?”

“My internship supervisor…” Taemin groans as he feels his head hurts badly.

“Taemin ah, first love hurts but time will heal everything.” Onew whispers sadly as he is reminded of his own first love, Kim Jonghyun. He did hear before that Jonghyun is already married and is a successful producer in SM.

 “You know my ex, Kim Jonghyun? He becomes a very successful producer in SM. I feel happy for him. You know, loving someone doesn’t mean you have to own that person.” Onew smiles to himself and looks at his brother. “Taemin?”

“Wait…Your ex is Kim Jonghyun?” Taemin suddenly perks up. “You still love him?”

“Yeah… Remember why I go to New York for further studies? It’s because he is married at that period of time…”

Taemin has a plan hatched in his head. He smiles devilishly at his hyung. “My boyfriend is Jonghyun’s husband. You have to save him, and your younger brother!”

“What?” Onew widens his eyes with shock.

 

*****************************************

 

19 missed calls

Jonghyun turns off his phone immediately. Minho has been ringing his phone now and then but he doesn’t want to pick up his husband’s call. He hides under the blanket, feeling ty than ever.

“Yah Kim Jonghyun. How long do you want to stay on the bed?”

“…”

Kibum comes into his guest room, which has already become Jonghyun’s room since two days ago. He did remember Jonghyun came to his house and finished all his tissue paper for his tears. He just stock up dozens of tissue boxes and get them ready for his friend.

“You have to move on, Jonghyun. Do something about your marriage. Escaping the reality isn’t going to help. Plus, you are a top producer in SM. Your work is waiting for you.”

“…”

“Do you need the divorce papers? I can get them for you.”

Jonghyun finally lifts his blanket up, looking at Kibum at his door. “Do you know sleeping can make me forget about everything?”

“TEMPORARILY.” Kibum can’t help to emphasize the word in a louder tone. “Stop escaping from the reali

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter