twelve

Marriage on the Rocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

twelve.

 

Taemin stares at the empty office that is just a few steps away from his desk. He remembers that he visits that office every working day and can't help to recollect the best intimate moments he ever had before. This internship is quite exciting at first but then it is ending pretty sadly.  Now he is trying to pack his things into a box because it’s already the last day of his internship and Minho is not around.

It has been a month for Minho to avoid Taemin. Minho has applied for many leaves and sometimes, medical leave (he is perfectly healthy though) just to avoid his ex-boyfriend. Taemin feels so alone and of course deep inside, he feels sore. There are many times the young man thinks Minho would be staying at home whenever he is absent from work, so he will try to go his house but no one ever answers the door.  

Taemin wonders if Minho has moved out because of him.

“Taemin-ah, we should go for a drink later since it’s your last day with us!” one of the colleagues, Yoona invites out of good gesture and she believes that Taemin should have a memorable day on his last day with them.

“But Mr Choi…” Taemin’s voice trails off, still looking at the closed door of Minho’s office.

“I heard he is on leave, I guess he can’t make it. It’s alright, the whole department will celebrate with you!”

Taemin is reluctant to join them because Minho isn’t here but he knows it’s impolite to reject their kind advances. “Okay then.”

“Okay I will make a reservation!” Yoona chirps and begins to click away in front of her laptop. Taemin smiles sadly at the thought of having no Minho around him. It hurts so much for him to bear.

 

*************************************************************************

 

Minho and Jonghyun haul their luggages from the taxi and make their way to the elevator at their block. Shortly after the two had patched up, they went for a long holiday in Japan, as their second honeymoon trip. Indeed, everything felt like they were in a sweet honeymoon, as if their feelings and love had rekindled.

“Finally, we are home,” Jonghyun sighs contently as he jumps onto their couch and lay flat, with his chest hugging the sofa. Minho snickers as he goes over the couch and pats that y he loves repeatedly, as if he is going to be up for something.

“Not again,” Jonghyun groans as he slaps Minho’s naughty hands away. “We have done it countless times in Japan. Give me a break please.”

Minho pouts, “Why are you like this again?” He caresses the older man’s cheek softly and realizes he’s already fast asleep.

Oh great.

 

It is still early afternoon so Minho decides to head back to the office to grab some documents. He has been on leave for too long and too much work has been piling up.

“Mr Choi, you are here!” Yoona notices as Minho comes in from the main door.

Minho bows and heads to his office but Yoona continues to follow. “Today is Taemin’s last day with us. We are having a celebration for him!”

“Okay go ahead, I will pay for the meal,” Minho says coolly, although the name ‘Taemin’ sounds so annoying in his ears right now.

“Mr Choi, you have to come! You are Taemin’s supervisor!” Yoona continues.

Minho picks up his files from his desk and flips for awhile, “Do I really have to go?”

“Yes! Please come with us, Mr Choi!” Yoona tries to persuade harder.

“Okay then.”

 I only agree to this because of courtesy and my intern, I’m not going to hurt Jonghyun this way right?

 

*************************************************************************

 

“Let’s wish all the best for Taemin’s future, cheers!”

The whole department sits at one long table, having soju and Korean bbq. Taemin is forced to sit beside his supervisor and in a way, he is thankful for it to be this close with Minho.

“Thank you ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter