nine

Marriage on the Rocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

nine.

 

Kibum comes downstairs shortly after Jonghyun left his apartment. He knows this friend for many years and he is clear that by now, the shorter man is in a crying mess because he will be so affected by Minho’s unfaithfulness. He looks around the carpark for his hyung and he spots the white sports car from afar. He jogs towards it and notices Jonghyun crying into his arms.

Kibum, being Kibum, doesn’t bother to knock on the car door and goes into the car straight. He is not surprised that the car is not locked. Who will bother to lock their cars after experiencing heartbreak? There is no time for that.

“Hyung, are you alright?” Kibum consoles.

“…” Jonghyun turns to Kibum and the crying gets more severe. He starts to choke on his cries and trying hard to breathe from all the over crying.

Kibum pats on Jonghyun’s back gently, listening to the older man’s cries. He sympathizes and understands how hard for Jonghyun to accept that his beloved husband is cheating on him. He must have felt betrayed and unloved.

For about fifteen minutes later, the crying starts to ease. Jonghyun fists his the hem of his shirt tightly as he chokes, “It’s my fault!”

Kibum stares at the petite man squarely, “What the are you talking about?”

“I-It’s my fault for unable to satisfy Minho’s needs…” Jonghyun starts to bawl again, eyes getting redder. “That’s why he looks for other people who can satisfy him…”

“Wait, what?” Kibum is not expecting that. It is possible that Jonghyun is not giving enough attention to Minho. However, he feels that this is not a good excuse for Minho to cheat on Jonghyun.

“I-I’m always not in the mood when he wants it from me… I get tired easily and I have to work on my composition at night so I always reject his advances! It’s my fault!” Jonghyun cries louder as he hugs onto his friend tightly, letting all his emotions out. “It’s my fault!”

“Pabo! It’s not your fault! It’s Choi Minho’s fault! You better divorce with him!”

Jonghyun shut his eyes tight, letting his teardrops fall one by one.

 

****************************************************************

 

Kibum decides to drive Jonghyun back as the elder man is emotionally unstable to do that. Jonghyun sits next to the driver’s seat, no longer crying but deep in thoughts. He fondles the platinum ring on his ring finger, trying not to recall the vows they had made on their wedding day.

“Kibum, can you drive me to the supermarket?”

“What for? Go home and rest.”

“No, I want to make dinner tonight.”

Kibum stares at his hyung with an unbelievable look. “Are you serious?”

“Please,” Jonghyun begs softly.

“Whatever you wish,” Kibum rolls his eyes and drives towards the nearest supermarket.

 

To: Minho

Come back home for dinner, I’m making all your favourite dishes!

 

“Sorry, Taemin. I have to go home earlier today.” Minho smiles apologetically at his younger lover after reading his text.

“Fine, whatever.” Taemin rolls his eyes. “Your husband again?”

“It’s been quite awhile since I last ate dinner with him. I already gave all my dinnertime to you for the few weeks already. Don’t be jealous.”

“Alright, fine.” Taemin huffs and walks out of the office.

Time to pacify his husband, Minho thinks. He packs his messenger bag and is ready to leave the office. 

 

****************************************************************

 

“Are you serious? Why do you bother cooking for that jerk? Are you even able to cook in this state in the first place?” Kibum eyes his friend and shakes his head in disapproval. “He doesn’t worth your effort.”

“Perhaps it’s all misunderstandings…He really loves me…” Jonghyun mumbles as he cuts the ready-made kimchi into pieces. “Minho loves my kimchi stew…OUCH!” Jonghyun yelps as he sees blood oozing out from his index finger.

Kibum rushes over and sees Jonghyun’s finger bleeding. “See, you can’t cook in this state!”

“I’m fine, let me just get a plaste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter