thirteen

Marriage on the Rocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

thirteen.

 

Minho wakes up groggily after snoozing his alarm clock for like 5 times and wonders why his dear spouse does not wake him up. He touches the right side of the bed unknowingly, to realize it is empty and cold. He gets out of the room hastily but sees the house is empty and dark without lights. He sighs and goes back to prepare for work.

He knows Jonghyun the workaholic is off for work already.

He enters the office on time as usual, greeting his co-workers as he walks towards the direction of his room and then his gaze falls on a empty table which Taemin used to sit right there.

“Mr Choi, the entire office seems less lively after Taemin is gone. Gah, I’m starting to miss our young intern.” Yoona comes over and chats with her manager.

“Ah is it? Find a new intern then.” Minho shrugs and walks into his room. Yoona is dumbfounded by Minho’s cold response and goes back to her desk.

Upon sitting down at his desk, Minho places his head on the wooden table. He is instantly reminded of what happened the previous night, which he had sent Taemin home.

 

“Don’t leave me…” Taemin begs again, this time with a sadder tone as he starts to pull Minho’s arm.

Minho breathes in deeply as he takes a sit beside the younger man, just to appease him a little. “Okay okay.”

Taemin sits up while holding on to Minho’s hand tightly, whispering, “I know you are still into me.”

Minho lets his intern to hold his hand but he shakes his head firmly, “We are over but we can be friends.”

Taemin whines loudly, “I don’t want to be friends!”

“Taemin-ah, go to sleep okay? You are drunk.” Minho pushes Taemin down the sofa, patting his chest to sleep.

He leaves the house when Taemin is asleep, thinking he has not done anything wrong to Jonghyun. He is just fulfilling his duties as Taemin’s internship supervisor.

 

*******************************************************

 

Minho enters his house, expecting Jonghyun to be in but it is not the case. The whole house is awfully dark, empty and cold. Minho loosens his tie immediately and throws it onto the sofa. Now with his marriage life back on track, it feels like something is still missing in his life.

Just previously, Jonghyun had a long break from work and he would be at home every day, waiting for the taller man to be homed. However, Minho did not appreciate that and came home late after hanging out with Taemin.

Now, Jonghyun is back to work again and he is always at his office in his company. The office room at home became unused these days. Minho wonders why. He rather has Jonghyun working at home so at least he can see the petite man.

Just like that, Minho feels his life becomes boring with no thrill. He doesn’t like to be lonely; he wants to seek pleasure and fun. He doesn’t want to agree that having Taemin in his life is more vibrant and exciting.

 

*******************************************************

 

Jonghyun stays in the recording studio, listening to the song track that Kibum sang earlier on repeatedly. He feels something is lacking in the sounds that he is hearing but he can’t decipher and express what is missing.

Onew smirks as he enters the recording studio, seeing Jonghyun working alone. He goes over behind the smaller man, who is so focus on his work that he is oblivious that his ex-boyfriend has come.

“Hey Beautiful.” Onew taps Jonghyun from behind.

The smaller man jumps and shrieks loudly, “What the- Onew! What are you doing here?” He is shocked by the older man’s appearance and…did he just call him ‘beautiful’?

“I just signed a contract with your company to fund Kibum’s album.” Onew smiles as he sits down on an available chair. “It’s already 9.30. I think you haven’t eat your dinner.”

“Oh it’s 9.30pm already? I didn’t know.” Jonghyun glances at his gold watch.

Onew nods. He shows the food he just bought, and pushes it to Jonghyun. “Let’s have fried chicken.” 

Jonghyun admits he’s a little touched because someone bothers to send him food despite of his busy schedule. It feels good to have someone caring for him, even though it seems like a small thing. Jonghyun cares about those little details of people showing him care and concern.

 

*******************************************************<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter