one

Marriage on the Rocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

one.

 

Minho opens the study room’s door in his condominium. A petite man is seen busy hitting the keys of a keyboard and scribbling notes on a paper. Minho smiles as he walks into the room quietly and approaches the oblivious man.

“Yeobo, let’s have fun tonight?” Minho hugs his man from the back and pecks on his cheek lightly.

Jonghyun freezes on the spot in surprise but he laughs it off. “Can’t you see I’m working on the lyrics for Kibum’s new single?”

Minho releases his hands off and sighs. “Again?”

“I’m sorry, yeobo. I’m really busy…” Jonghyun’s voice trails off. He starts to flip a stack of papers here and there, ignoring Minho’s presence.

Minho huffs and walks out of the study room, not forgetting to slam the door shut. He heads back to his bedroom quietly; thinking about his needs not being fulfilled. It has been weeks since he last touched Jonghyun, his ‘wife’. Jonghyun is really busy with work that he barely has enough sleep. It hurts Minho to see all the stress and workload tormenting Jonghyun’s petite body, however, he can’t do anything to help him. He knows nothing much about music and unable to provide ideas to enhance his creativity or to give inspiration. He knows Jonghyun is busy, but he can’t help to ask Jonghyun to spare a little of his time to have fun with him. He knows he will receive rejection but still he feels nothing but disappointment. He rolls on top of the bed and sighs to himself.

They have been married for two years now, they have no kids obviously, but the days pass dryly when Jonghyun is engrossed with his work. Jonghyun is the top producer, lyricist and composer in SM Entertainment; his responsibility is quite huge on his shoulders. There are days he really has to crack his brains at home to think of ideas. Probably this is one of the reasons why Jonghyun has an irregular sleeping pattern or insomnia on days he’s busy.

Minho shuts his eyes hard, trying to ignore everything else.

 

*************************************

 

Minho wakes up to the aroma of kimchi stew from the kitchen. He stands at his door, looking at how busy Jonghyun is trying to make breakfast for both of them. He washes up and change into his work wear.

“Yeobo,” Jonghun smiles as he sees Minho in his work outfit. “Come and have your breakfast.”

Minho nods as he sees Jonghyun puts the stew pot onto the dining table. He goes to the rice cooker and scoop out the rice for them.

“Did you even sleep?” Minho asks out of curiosity. He doesn’t remember feeling Jonghyun in the bed last night.

“Nah,” Jonghyun picks up a piece of meat and put into his mouth. “I will sleep after this.”

Minho sighs, “Yeobo, why?”

“What why?” Jonghyun continues to eat his food, feigning innocence.

“I hope you will sleep early.”

“I get most of my inspiration at night, I can’t help but to stay up.” Jonghyun smiles sheepishly. He picks up some kimchi and put into Minho’s rice bowl. “Don’t worry about me, this will be temporary. Eat up if not you will be late for work.”

Minho looks at Jonghyun with doting eyes even though all he felt was exasperation, “Alright then.”

 

*************************************

 

Minho enters the office and is greeted by his co-workers. He smiles as he enters his room. Minho is a manager of an advertising firm. He manages advertising projects but to be honest, his dream is to be a director. He loves filming videos but clearly, he can’t film movies but short videos. He sighs as his gaze falls on a photo frame.

This photo was taken during their wedding shoot and they look clearly in love. He fondles the photo as he recalls how busy Jonghyun is to the point that he has no time for him.

“Knock, knock.”

“Come in.”

Minho stands and bows upon seeing his boss at his door. His boss enters and a younger man follows suit.

“Minho, we have a new intern today. He will be with us for 6 months. Hopefully you can teach him all you can. I will leave him to you.” Minho bows at his boss before seeing him leaves his room. The new intern walks towards Minho’s desk with confidence and Minho smiles. “You are the new intern? What’s your name?”

“My name is Taemin, nice to meet you Mr Choi.” Taemin offers a handshake.

“Nice to meet you too, Taemin. Just call me Minho hyung will do, araso?”

“Neh, Minho hyung.”

“Close the door, I will brief you on our company policies and your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter