It Wasn't A Lie

A Little Something Called Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXvhnlePPxc

"Can I ask you something, Hyemi?" Joon whispered to Hyemi. Since the time they reunited a month ago, they've been inseparable. They were studying in the library after class like they always did.

She nodded. "Go ahead."

"Do you like anyone?"

Her heart skipped a bit. For a while, she's been starting to have feelings for Joon but hasn't ever told anyone. "Uh. No? Why?"

"Just wondering." They went back to studying. After a minute, he looked back up from his notes. "Do you think anyone is cute?"

"Why are you so curious all of a sudden?"

"I don't know." He leaned back in his chair. "We haven't talked about this before."

"Maybe because we're always studying. Which is what we should be doing now." She looked back to her notes.

He leaned in and looked suspiciously at her. "You must like somebody. Come on, you can tell me."

"Well." She didn't want to admit her feelings for him but she knew he wouldn't stop asking. He's persistent like that. "I do think Kai is cute."

"Kai?!" He said a bit too loudly. He apologized to the people around them. "You never told me that."

"You never asked." She took a peek at him from her notes. "How about you?"

"Maybe. Maybe not." He smirked.

"Unfair. I told you." She whined.

He stuck his tongue out. "I do think this girl is cute." He looked at her and she was a bit startled. "But I don't want to date right now."

She nodded in agreement. "I completely agree with you."

~

"Thanks for dropping me off again, Joon." Hyemi opened the door to her dorm.

"Thanks for accompanying me with studying." Joon held the door open for her as she went in. "Sorry for cutting our hangout short."

"Don't worry!" She shook her head. "You have an exam tomorrow so you need to sleep soon. See you tomorrow?"

"See you tomorrow." He smiled before closing the door.

Hyemi couldn't stop smiling as she took off her shoes at the door. She jumped when she saw Seohee staring intently at her.

"How was the date?" Seohee said in a sing song voice.

"It wasn't a date." Hyemi said, cheeks still stuck in a smile. "And you really need to stop asking that every time I come back from hanging out with Joon."

"One day it WILL be a date and then you won't get so angry." Seohee stuck her tongue out before going back to her desk. "So why are you here so early? It's only 8 and you usually come back at midnight."

Hyemi threw her bag on the floor and laid on her bed. "He has an exam tomorrow so he wants to sleep early. Did you know Joon's been principal chair since his Freshman year? And he's pricipal chair again this year. Oh and the other day, Joon was fast asleep in the library while we were studying and a girl gave his a basket of snacks because she has a crush on him. Then he went to her and gave her a rose as thank you. He's the sweetest ever. Oh and we found out that we were both each other's first love when we first met. It was so ironic because-"

"What about now?" Seohee smirked.

"What do you mean 'what about now?'"

"Do you like him now?"

"Actually." Hyemi paused. "Joon asked me a weird question today in the library. He asked me if I like someone."

"How is that weird?"

"It's weird because the first person I thought of was him."

Seohee clapped. "I never thought you would admit it. I was starting to get worried, Mimi-ah. So what did you tell him?"

"I told him that I think Kai is cute."

"What?!"

"It wasn't a lie." Hyemi grabbed an apple from their counter.

"Well, you and Kai have classes together and he obviously likes you. Makes sense. Have you ever thought about liking him?"

Hyemi shook her head. "I never thought of him like that. I don't know why." She took a bite of the apple.

"He asks a lot about you." Seohee mentioned. "A little too much, if you ask me."

"He does?" Hyemi blushed at the thought. "I don't know why I haven't really noticed him before."

"Because you spend every second with Joon so you don't notice anyone else." Seohee whined. "And Joon?"

Hyemi sat on their couch and Seohee followed. "He said he thinks someone is cute and I think he was talking about me. But then he said that he doesn't want to date."

"If you had to choose between Joon and Kai, who would you choose?"

"Kai." Hyemi said quickly. "Joon and I are such great friends. I wouldn't want to ruin that. Also, I've already decided to not have a boyfriend in college so that I can focus on being a great CEO like daddy. You know what? I need to stop talking about Joon. We're just friends and that's it. I won't even mention his name so maybe I'll forget about my feelings for him. And I won't get a boyfriend. It's settled." She nodded to herself.

"You'll have no problem saying no when someone asks you out but you never shut up about Joon. What'll happen the next time you say his name?"

"I'll do one load of your laundry." Hyemi offered.

"Deal." Seohee smiled because she knew Hyemi was going to say his name soon. You can't just forget your feelings for someone that quickly.

The door bell rang and Hyemi placed her bitten apple on the counter. "That must be J-" She stopped midsentence and smiled at Seohee. "I mean 'he-who-shall-not-be-named'." She opened the door and was surprised at who was on the other side of the door. "Hi Kai. What are you doing here?" She turned to Seohee and they giggled because they were just talking about him.

"I -uh- Thank you for letting me borrow your notes." Kai shyly handed her her pink notebook.

"Oh. Anytime, Kai." She took her notebook from him. "Did you understand the notes?"

"They were perfect. Thank you." He remained standing by her door. They smiled awkwardly at each other.

"Is there anything else?" Hyemi let out a giggle.

"Oh." Kai realized that he was starting at her. "I. I wanted to know if you wanted to grab dinner?"

"I already at with J-" Hyemi looked over her shoulder and saw that Seohee had earbuds in. "Joon."

"I heard that!" Seohee shouted and Hyemi lightly punched the air. "I expect my laundry to be done by tomorrow night."

"Darn it." Hyemi whispered.

Kai tilted his head, confused at what was happening. "Okay." He looked sad as he turned to walk away. Hyemi had the door half closed when Kai stopped it. "Wait. Um. How about dessert?"

"Oh. Sure." Hyemi nodded in agreement. She let Kai come into their dorm as she grabbed her purse.

"Hi Kai." Seohee greeted. She sniffed the air. "Is that a new cologne?"

"How'd you know?" Kai sniffed his shirt. "I wear this on special occassions."

"Are you actually going to ask her?" Seohee asked quietly enough so Hyemi wouldn't hear. Hyemi grabbed her purse and walked up to Kai, "Ready?" Seohee's mouth fell wide open when Kai looked at Hyemi and blushed.

"What's wrong, Seohee-ah? Does this purse not match my outfit?" Hyemi looked worriedly at her purse.

"No, you're fine." Seohee gave Kai two thumbs up. "Have fun you guys."

Kai gave Seohee a death glare which made her laugh.

"Okay..." Hyemi looked at Seohee funny. "We're. Going to go now. Are you going to be okay?"

Seohee couldn't stop laughing. "Mhm. Have fun. And Kai." She put two fists up. "Hwaiting~"

Kai grabbed Hyemi's arm, urging her to leave. Before closing the door, he signaled Seohee that she better watch herself. She replied by sticking her tongue out.

"Sometimes I worry about Seohee." Hyemi commented. "She acts a bit crazy sometimes."

"Yeah, crazy." Kai was still upset at how Seohee almost ruined it for him.

 

-          -          -          -          -

Kai and Hyemi sat at a booth with their frozen yogurts.

"Wow, it's been a while since I grabbed frozen yogurt." Hyemi commented. "The last time I ate this was when I was with-"

"With Suho-hyung?" Kai asked while taking a spoonful.

"No." She shook her head. "I was going to say when I was with my ex-boyfriend." There was a silence as they both took a spoonful. "Why'd you say that? Do you think I like Joon?" She asked, offended.

"Well, you two are always together." Kai didn't look up from his cup. "You never hang out with anyone else other than Suho-hyung."

"I hang out with other people." Hyemi lightly slammed her cup onto the table.

The slam startled Kai and he made a funny face to hide that he was scared. "No you don't. We're friends and this is the first time I've met up with you without hyung."

She crossed her arms. "Well, you don't ask me to hang out."

"You could ask me to hang out if you wanted to. I don't have to be the one to ask you first." They were bickering.

"I'm too busy to think about asking people to hang out."

"Too busy hanging out with hyung."

"Nuh-uh!"

"Yuh-huh!"

She took a big, angry bite of her frozen yogurt. She was so angry that she didn't realize that she got a text.

"Look!" He pointed his spoon at her. "You're getting mad because you know it's true. We all know that you like hyung. That's why you only hang out with him. Seohee didn't tell me that you were into old medical students."

"Seohee didn't tell you a lot of things about me." She challenged. "Did you ask her about me?" She already knew the answer, but she was so caught up in the conversation.

He nodded. "She told me quite a lot."

"Creep." She was getting annoyed at how good he was at fighting. Joon would've back down from the fight and let her win by now.

"I'm not a creep." He crossed his arms just like her. "But at least I know all about you. Since I can't get to know you myself because you're always with hyung."

"I told you, I've got other friends that I hang out with. And I bet Seohee didn't tell you that I think you're a million times cuter than Joon." She gasped when she caught what she said. She wanted to win the argument and didn't think before she spoke.

He smiled slightly. "You think I'm cute?" She placed her spoon in and looked around, ignoring the question. "Hyemi-ah." He softly pulled her spoon out of and her heart skipped a beat when they made eye contact. Her heart raced when he looked at her and she could feel her feelings growing towards him. "Do you think I'm cute?"

"Um." She turned a bright red. "Yes."

His soft smile grew and he brought her hand onto the table and placed both of his on top of hers. "Hyemi-ah. I asked you to grab some dessert because I wanted to ask you on a date. How does 7 Friday night sound?"

 

         - A/N -

Hellooooo I hope the song that I've embedded in the beginning helps set the mood :) Please let me know if you like me adding an EXO song in the beginning of the chapter :) I hope you enjoyed!

<3 Kii-chan