The Perfect Person For Me

A Little Something Called Love

"See you guys later!" Minjae waved as Joon and Hyemi walked in the opposite direction.

"How'd you like orchestra?" Joon asked Hyemi. He massaged his hand from the intense class.

"It was so much fun." She skipped next to him. "Oh! It's already 5pm, should we call Kai?"

"For dinner?" He pulled out his phone. As soon as he did, Hyemi's phone rang. She pulled her phone out and saw that it said "Kai <3".

Joon looked over her shoulder and burst out laughing at the caller id name. He took her phone and answered it for her. "Hey, babe."

"Hyung?" Kai replied.

"Hi Kai." Hyemi said.

"Are you guys coming to dinner?" Kai asked.

"Yes!" Hyemi and Joon said at the same time.

"We're meeting up at the cafeteria in 30 minutes."

"We'll be there." Joon said before hanging up. He turned back to Hyemi and asked "What do you want to do for 30 minutes?"

Should thought of an idea. "Should I show you around my dorm?"

"Sure. Who's your dormmate?"

"My best friend, Seohee Kang. We've been best friends since we were 7."

"That must be nice."

"It is. She's the best. I would love to introduce you to her but she might be grabbing dinner with her boyfriend tonight. Do you know Daejung Kim?"

"Sophomore Mechanical Engineer? I think I tutored him in Calculus."

"Who did you not tutor?" She joked with him.

 

-          -          -          -          -

"Welcome to room 701!" Hyemi pulled out her id to swipe in. She flung the door open and Seohee screamed.

"I didn't see anything!" Joon turned around as Hyemi closed the door.

"Sorry, Seohee-ah!" Hyemi shouted.

"It's okay!" Seohee shouted back. "I already had half of my shirt on." She slowly opened the door and let Hyemi and Joon in.

"Hello, I'm Myeonjoon." Joon quickly introduced himself.

"Hi." Seohee was surprised to see Hyemi with a guy. She eyed Hyemi but Hyemi just shook her head, their signal that there was nothing romantic between the two of them. "I'm Seohee. Nice to meet you."

"I'm just showing Joon our dorm before we head over to dinner." Hyemi gestured for Joon to follow her around.

"Aw. I was going to ask you if you wanted to have a dinner date today, Mimi-ah." Seohee pouted as she sat on her bed.

"Oh." Hyemi looked at Joon and he smiled and knodded. They had some telepathy going on. "Do you want to join us for dinner?"

Seohee looked from Hyemi to Joon back to Hyemi. "Uh I don't want to intrude if it's a date."

"It's not a date." Hyemi and Joon said at the same time.

"A bunch of other friends are joining us." Hyemi continued.

"If that's the case, would that be alright?" Seohee asked.

"I'm sure they'll be fine if you join us." Joon reassured. "If you girls are ready, we should head over there now."

They all left the dorm and headed to the cafeteria. Seohee kept glancing between Hyemi and Joon who were have silent conversations by themselves. They were pointing at things and laughing and Seohee didn't think that the things they were pointing at were that funny. She suspected something between but she just shrugged it off. "Seohee-ah," Hyemi broke the silence. "How were your classes?"

"They seem like a lot of fun. I can't wait until we get into the material." Seohee replied.

"What major are you?" Joon asked Seohee.

"I'm going into Astronomy." Seohee said. "By the way, how do you two know each other?"

"Joon went to our elementary school." Hyemi answered.

Seohee tilted her head. "I don't remember you."

"I left when you were in 2nd grade."

"Oh, did you transfer schools?"

"I went to middle school."

"Oh!" Everything suddenly made sense to Seohee. "You're older than us. I thought we were all the same age, sorry. So if you're four years older, are you a 5th year senior?"

"I actually go to the medical school here." Joon said shyly. He wasn't used to saying that he goes to medical school just yet.

"Wooooooooooow." Seohee couldn't control her shock and they all laughed at her silliness.

 

-          -          -          -          -

"Red or blue?" Chanyeol asked.

"Red." Both Hyemi and Seohee replied quickly.

"Daisies or roses?"

"Roses."

"Shorts or pants?"

Hyemi said, "Shorts" while Seohee said, "Pants."

"Aww, we're out of sync, Mimi-ah." Seohee pouted.

"Next up," Baekhyun announced. "Is Hyemi and Suho."

Hyemi and Joon made eye contact and took deep breathes so that they could get in sync with each other.

"Ready?" Baekhyun started.

"Basketball or baseball?" Chanyeol asked.

"Baseball."

"Beach or pool?"

"Beach."

"Pink or purple?"

"Pink."

"Long sleeves or short sleeves?"

"Long sleeves."

"Final question." Chanyeol paused. "Sushi or pizza?"

"Sushi!" They both shouted and high fived each other.

Baekhyun and Seohee cheered, D.O. pouted, and Kai scoffed.

"And the winner is-" Chanyeol stood up and was about to announce when Kai interrupted. "That wasn't fair, those were easy questions. I bet I could win with Hyemi." Chanyeol sat back down. "Okay, let's see if you guys can win this game of Matching Answerings. Ready?"

Kai had a determined looked in his eyes that kind of scared Hyemi.

"PC or Macs?" Chanyeol asked.

Kai said "PC" while Hyemi said "Macs."

"Wait wait, let's try again." Kai argued before anyone could say anything. "That was just a bad question."

Hyemi laughed and shrugged. "I don't think we match, Kai."

"We do!" He glared at Chanyeol, "Give us a good question."

"Woah, calm down, Kai. It's just a game." Joon placed his arm on Kai's shoulders. Kai shrugged it off and glared at Chanyeol.

"Okay." Chanyeol said. "Silver or Gold?"

"Gold."

"Singing or dancing?"

"Dancing."

"Winter or Summer?"

"Winter."

"TV shows or movies?"

"TV shows."

"Last question. Bows or ties?"

Hyemi answered "Bows" and a split second after, Kai said the same thing.

"Cheater!" Baehyun smacked Kai in the arm.

"I didn't cheat!" Kai lied. "We won!"

Things started get hectic until Seohee yawned. "We should go back to our dorm now, Seohee-ah," Hyemi said to Seohee. Seohee nodded and they both stood up.

"Are you guys going now?" Kai released Baekhyun's cheek and frowned.

"I think they've had enough of you goofballs." Joon stood up with them.

"Let's hang out again!" D.O. exclaimed and blushed from his sudden burst.

"Of course!" Hyemi cheered. "Thank you for inviting us to dinner. See you guys later." Hyemi, Seohee and Joon walked together out of the cafeteria. "It's okay, Joon, you don't have to walk us back to the dorms. We can take care of ourselves," Hyemi insisted.

"Are you sure?" Joon asked. "I don't mind." Hyemi nodded. "Alright. See you girls later. Oh Hyemi-ah. It was great seeing you again. It's been too long since we last saw each other."

"I agree." Hyemi nodded.

He placed his hand on her shoulder and gave her a shy smile that made her blush. "I hope we can start up where we left off." She couldn't think straight and before she knew it, he was headed in the other direction.

"Mimi-ah!" Seohee waved her hands infront of Hyemi's face. Hyemi snapped out of her daze. "What was that all about?"

"I don't know." Hyemi gazed at Joon as he walked to his apartment.

Seohee looked and saw that Hyemi was watching Joon and poked her on the side. "You and Joon really do match. You're both at the same level. Do you like him?"

"What?" Hyemi snapped her head to Seohee. They started walking back to their dorm. "Of course not. He's like a big brother to me." She lied.

"Sure." Seohee didn't believe her. "You know I'm your best friend right? I know everything about you."

"Then you know that I want to focus on my studies?"

"Well, yes. But I also know that you like-"

Hyemi interrupted. "I want to be a great CEO just like daddy so I need to focus on my education and not have a boyfriend throughout college."

"Throughout your entire time in college?"

"Yes!" Hyemi said stubbornly. "The entire time. No boyfriend. No nothing."

"Is this because of Minwoo?"

Hyemi felt a pang in her heart. "Well. It's not entirely because of Minwoo but I just don't think I'm ready to committ to anyone right now."

"When do you think you'll be ready?"

Hyemi looked over her shoulder to where they parted ways with Joon and smiled softly. "When I think I've found the perfect person for me."

 

          - A/N -

Ooooooooh does she like Joon?! Haha on a personal note, I've been dating my boyfriend for about 2 and a half years now and I'm honestly starting to miss the whole romance between two strangers. Not saying that I want to break up with my boyfriend but I sometimes wish I can feel the emotions when we were still figuring each other out. The butterflies in our stomachs, the nervousness, the uncontrollable smiles from thinking about moments we've shared the day before. Haha. That's just my heart wanting to go back in time. Haha. Anywho, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please support <3 Kii-chan