Don't Give Me That Sass

A Little Something Called Love

"So, how have you been?" Joon asked Hyemi as he pulled out a chair for her to sit on. They were at his favorite restaurant near SNU. "You've become a very beautiful woman." He blushed at the compliment he made.

She pushed her hair behind her ears out of nervousness from the sudden compliment. "Thank you. I've been doing well. It could be better. And I think you're really handsome."

They both made eye contact and looked away quickly. He took a sip of his water. "Thank you. I never thought we would meet again."

"It's such a coincidence." She agreed.

There was an awkward silence before the waiter came by to give them menus. "Oh!" The waiter looked at Hyemi and gasped. "Are you Hyemi Kim?"

Hyemi tilted her head, confused. "Yes? Why?"

"Oh. Um." The waiter was flustered. "We went to the same high school. I'm a year older. I'm Jae."

"Nice to meet you, Jae." She gave a sweet smile that made his heart flutter. "I hope you will prepare our dinner well."

"I will!" Jae reluctantly went back to his job because another waiter shoved him away from their table.

Joon eyed Hyemi and snickered.

"What?" She scowled at him. "I was Junior class president when he was a Senior."

"It doesn't explain why he was so shy around you." He laughed to himself again. "He must've really liked you."

"Huh? Why do you say that? I've never met him until now." She pointed out.

He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. "First, he knew your name. Second, he practically melted when you smiled at him. Also, he didn't even recognize me even though I tutored him in Chemistry last year."

"Oh." She picked up a menu and handed one to Joon. "Well, I'm flattered if he does like me." She scanned the menu. "I'm craving sushi."

He looked up and grinned. "Do you like sushi?"

She nodded quickly. "I love it!"

"Me too." He looked back to the menu.

Jae came back to take their order and kept writing the wrong thing because he couldn't keep his eyes off of Hyemi. He noticed Joon and couldn't stop apologizing for not greeting him ealier. Soon after they ordered, Jae came out with their lunch.

"I'm so sorry again, Suho-hyung. I really didn't mean to be rude." Jae apologized as he placed the food on their table.

"No worries, Jae-ah. I'm not mad." Joon laughed. "Hyemi here is really pretty isn't she?"

"U-uh. Y-yes. Yes." Jae stuttered.

"Thank you for thinking well about me, Jae." Hyemi smiled. "Also, thank you for the food."

"You're welcome." Jae was in a daze as he walked away.

Hyemi hit Joon in the arm. "You're so mean to him. If he didn't want to answer, you shouldn't have forced him to."

Joon couldn't stop laughing. "He'll be fine."

She hit him again. "Why did he call you Suho-hyung?"

He wiped the tears of laughter falling from his eyes. "Everyone calls me Suho because they all think I'm their guardian in some way."

"Oh, I see." She nodded.

"You can call me Suho Oppa if you want." He shyly suggested.

"Suho Oppa?" She tested it out. It felt weird to her so she shook her head. "I think I'll just call you Joon."

Suho nodded. "So, you said you were Junior class President?" He asked as he placed food onto Hyemi's plate before serving himself. "I was President my last two years of high school as well."

"Nice." Hyemi quietly applauded him. "Anything else interesting happened during high school?"

He thought for a moment. "Nope. That's about it. How about you? Were you awarded Valedictorian?"

"Well, SNU is the best university in South Korea, so I think it's safe to assume that all of us were Valedictorians."

"Don't give me that sass." He playfully shoved a sushi in . She laughed at his silliness. She glanced at her watch which read 12pm. He noticed her checking the time so he asked, "When's your first class?"

"At 1:30 so I've still got plenty of time until then." She placed the last sushi on her plate into .

"Wow! You sure can eat a lot of sushi!" He claimed as he still had four pieces on his own plate.

She blushed in embarassment. Eating a lot isn't something she was proud of.

Feeling bad about the comment he made, he gave her two pieces from his plate. "It's not like it's a bad thing. I think it's refreshing to see a girl who eats well."

"Thank you." She shyly ate the sushi.

"Is it delicious?" He gave her a cute eye smile.

She nodded in reply.

Jae came with the check and Joon quickly grabbed the check and paid for their lunch. Before leaving, Jae asked for a picture with Hyemi and squeeled when she agreed to it. "Come again soon!" Jae waved at them as they exited the restaurant.

"I'm guessing you were very popular in high school." Joon asked Hyemi as they walked aimlessly down the street.

"I don't think so." She replied honestly. "Were you? You probably were."

"What makes you say that?" He was fishing for compliments.

"Well." She was flustered that he actually asked for her to explain herself. "You're smart. You're very handsome. You're kind. You're-" She stopped before she said anything further.

"I'm what?" He pushed.

She hit him on the arm.

He laughed and rubbed his arm. "You were going to say that I'm perfect, right?"

She tuck her tongue out at him. "You're self-centered."

"Hardly." He said in a serious tone. "I'm just this way around you because you're a childhood friend. I feel like we can speak comfortably even if it's been years."

"I agree." She smiled at him.

As they headed back to the University, he offered to carry her bag since he wasn't carrying anything. No matter how much she rejected, he insisted and she eventually gave in. "You're treating me too well. I might start falling in love with you." She joked as she handed him her bag.

"That wouldn't be so bad, huh? I was your first love and all." He cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Stop joking around." She poked him on the side and he flinched from the jab to his tickle spot.

"At least you knew I was joking." He pinched her cheeks. "But, was I really your first love?" He looked down, shyly.

She nodded. "You helped me make a lot of good memories in elementary school, how could I forget?" She smoothed out her hair. "Was I your first love?"

"No," he quickly replied. She pouted and he cracked up laughing. "You're reaction was too good," he said in between breaths. "I'm just joking. You were. I thought you were the prettiest girl in the entire school. Did you date a lot in high school?"

"Kind of?"

"What do you mean 'kind of'?"

"I dated three guys so do you think that's a lot?"

He shook his head. "Seeing how you're popular with the boys, I thought you would have dated a lot more."

"Hey." She whined. "I'm classy."

He pinched her cheeks because she was frowing. "What happened to the last one?"

Minwoo-ah... She frowned even more at the memories. When she was eating lunch with Joon, she had forgotten about Minwoo for a bit. "I don't really want to talk about it."

He stopped pinching her cheeks and started freaking out because she looked like she was about to cry. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you sad. Don't cry please."

She sniffled and forced a smile. "Don't worry. I think I've cried enough at this point. But I don't want to talk about it, if that's alright."

"Of course! I won't mention it ever again." He said quickly.

"I just want to focus on my studies and be the best CEO ever."

"And I think you're going to make an amazing CEO." He patted her on the back.

She smiled at compliment. They reached her first class and he gave her back her backpack. "You didn't have to walk me all the way to my classroom, Joon."

"Don't worry. Med school doesn't start until next week for me. But we do have orchestra later today."

"That's right." She gave him a small hug. "I'll see you at orchestra. Actually-" She pulled out her phone. "Want me to text you when I'm done with class?" He raised an eyebrow. "So that we can walk there together."

He looked at her handing him her phone. "You're just going to exchange numbers with every guy you meet?" He teased.

"You're not just any guy." She replied. He perked up at what she said. "You're Joon."

"Fine, fine." He chuckled as he gave her his phone and inputted his number into hers. He took a selfie with her phone to place as his caller id picture before giving it back. She handed back his phone without taking a picture of herself so he held up the camera to her. "I need a picture of you, too."

"O-okay." She smiled softly as he took a picture.

"Well, good luck with Business Law, CEO Hyemi." He said as he started walking away.

"Bye, Joon!" She waved.

"Text me when you're done!" He said before turning and walking away.

She glanced at his contact information and enlarged the picture he took of himself. Joon sure became good looking. She smiled before placing her phone back into her pocket. Back to reality, she took a deep breath before entering the Business school building.

"Let me get the door for you." A boy ran infront of Hyemi and opened the door for her.

"Oh, wow. Thank you." She was flustered at the kind gesture. She walked into the building and looked down at the schedule she printed out for herself. "Business Law..."

The boy peeked over her shoulder and glanced at her name at the top of the schedule. "Hyemi Kim."

She jumped.

"Sorry." The boy held his hand out. "I didn't mean to scare you." He smiled. "I like your name. Hyemi." He nodded. "It's cute. Like you."

"And you are?"

"Oh." He held out his hand to shake. "I'm Jongin Kim. But people call me Kai."

 

 

          - A/N -

Aaaaand in comes Kai haha. I was watching a Youtube video and saw that Kai is the most popular member in America. I actually do agree with that haha. Kai is quite good looking and he's always depicted as y and mystersious. So will that be his personality in this story? I guess you'll have to find out >:D Hehehe. I personally don't enjoy beginnings since it takes a while for the storyline to get rolling so sorry for the long intro! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please look forward to the upcoming chapters! <3 Kii-chan