You're Looking At Her

A Little Something Called Love

"Oh." He held out his hand to shake. "I'm Jongin Kim. But people call me Kai."

Hyemi shook Kai's hand. "Nice to meet you." He gave her a small smile but she quickly looked back down at her schedule.

Slightly hurt by her rejection, he leaned in unnecessarily close to her face as he looked at her schedule. "You're in business law? Are you a sophomore? I've never seen you around the business building before."

She took a tiny step away to give herself a little more breathing room. "I'm a freshman."

He looked at her, shocked. "Wow. Cute and smart. Nice." She blushed. "I'm a sophomore Economics major and it looks like we're going to be in the same business law class togehter." He put his arm on her shoulder. "We should be close friends." They walked into their business law class and found comfortable seats towards the center of the auditorium. "I should warn you." Kai put on his sunglasses. "I'm pretty popular so it might get overwhelming."

"You don't have to worry about me." Hyemi giggled as she got her notebook out.

A group of girls tapped on Kai's shoulder and squeeled. "H-hi, Kai."

Kai nodded, acting cool. "'Sup?"

The group of girls screamed and scurried away.

Hyemi laughed at how ridiculous they looked.

"See?" Kai tapped Hyemi's arm. "What did I tell you? I'm popular."

Hyemi just continued to laugh.

"Jongin-goon!~" Two boys sat behind Hyemi and Kai. "How was your summer?" One boy with big, cheerful eyes looked at Hyemi when she turned around. "Woah. Who are you?" He stepped over the seats to sit down next to Hyemi. "I'm Chanyeol. What is a pretty girl doing sitting next to this ugly boy?"

"Hey, now." Kai flicked Chanyeol's forehead. "Don't be so hard on yourself. You aren't THAT ugly."

Chanyeol reached over Hyemi to fight with Kai. Her notes were being tossed every which way. Her notebook flew to the row above them and the other boy picked it up and dusted it off for her before handing it over. "I'm Baekhyun." He smiled at her.

"Hi, I'm Hyemi Kim." She smiled back.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun quickly looked at Kai. "You managed to meet THE Hyemi?" They said at the same time. "How did you get so lucky?" Chanyeol smiled at Hyemi in a way that made her blush. Kai shrugged. "I'm a pretty lucky person, aren't I, Hyemi?"

"I don't know what you guys are talking about." She replied.

"You are aware that since you got into all of the top universities in Korea, the presidents were all fighting over where you would end up attending." Chanyeol explained.

"You're pretty much a legend." Baekhyun added. "Wait until D.O. finds out Hyemi is in our class. He's going to be so jealous." They all laughed. "He's your biggest fan."

"I don't have fans." Hyemi pushed the compliment away. "I'm just here to study."

-          -          -          -          -

"And that's the end of our lecture." The professor closed her presentation.

They all packed up their bags and walked out of the auditorium.

"Do you want to hang out sometime?" Kai asked Hyemi shyly.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun nudged and whispered to each other.

"Um, yeah, sure." Hyemi thought that since it was college she might as well have fun. Besides, even if she wasn't looking for a relationship it would be kind of fun to meet new people. "Here, want to exchange phone numbers?"

Kai blushed instantly. "Really?" He brought out his phone.

"Totally!" Hyemi grabbed his phone and handed him her own. "Can I get your phone numbers as well?"

Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other before rushing to get their phones out.

"It'll be nice if you could show me around sometime. Since you guys are upperclassmen." She gave Kai his phone back.

"Guys!" A cute boy run up to them. "I got your text and ran here as soon as I could. Is it true?"

They motioned to Hyemi.

The boy fixed his hair before bowing to her. "Hi! I'm D.O."

"I'm Hyemi." She bowed back. She was liking the attention.

"Here, Hyemi, I inputted my phone number on your phone. Just like you asked." Kai taunted D.O.

Baekhyun passed his phone to Hyemi. "Do you want to exchange numbers, like you said you wanted earlier?" D.O.'s wide eyes got even wider in jealously. Hyemi knew what they were doing and she thought it was hilarious.

"Are you all exchanging numbers?" D.O. finally asked, jealous.

"We should exchanged numbers as well." Hyemi suggested to D.O.

He nodded quickly. He was about to give her his phone when someone grabbed it away from him.

"Is D.O. actually giving his phone to a girl?" Joon laughed.

"Hi Joon!" Hyemi gave him a hug. Kai, Chanyeol, D.O. and Beakhyun looked at each other and whispered.

"Hi hyung." They greeted him.

Joon pointed at them. "Are they causing you trouble?"

Hyemi shook her head. "I made new friends!"

"That's great." He ruffeled her hair. "Ready to go to orchestra?" He dragged Hyemi away. "See you guys later!"

"Bye hyung!"

"Wait, hyung." Kai followed them. "Do you want to eat dinner with us tonight? You know, just like old times?"

"Sure." Joon replied.

"You can eat dinner with us, too. If you want to. If that's okay." Kai stuttered to Hyemi.

"I'd love to." She smiled. "See you tonight?"

Kai smiled widely. "Yes!" He bowed to them politely before he walked back over to Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and D.O. Joon and Hyemi continued walking towards the orchestra room.

"Wait!" D.O. shouted. "I didn't get your number!"

Joon laughed but didn't stop walking. "For the record, D.O. has never been so interested in a girl before. You must be special."

"I'm not special." Hyemi retorted. "So. How do you know them?"

"Kai is my little cousin so I've been taking care of him."

"Good looks run in the family." Hyemi commented.

"You think Kai is good looking?" He smirked.

"I think all of you guys are good looking. It looked like a photoshoot back there."

They arrived at the orchestra room and Hyemi copied everything Joon did since he was the sunbaenim. She followed how he took off his shoes and placed them on the rack, how he grabbed a chair and a stand and set it down in a specific area, and she followed him into the instrument racks. "You're going to be assigned an instrument unless you bring in your own instrument next class." He looked at a clipboard and scanned for any available instruments. When he found one that wasn't claimed, he wrote down Hyemi's name in neat handwriting and pulled it from the rack.

She grabbed the instrument from him. "Thank you!"

"Hey, Suho-hyung. What are you doing here?" A guy slung his arm around Joon and nodded at Hyemi. "Hi, I'm Minjae. I'm a junior." He held out his hand for her to shake.

"I'm Hyemi." She shook his hand. "Nice to meet you."

"So what are you doing here, hyung? I thought you were in medical school." Minjae asked Joon while still maintaining eye contact with Hyemi. He's totally flirting.

"The medical school let me enroll in the undergraduate orchestra." Joon replied as he grabbed his cello. "I just couldn't give up the orchestra that easily."

"Well, Sunmi will be pissed because she was hoping she could claim your top spot."

"You were Principal Chair cellist?" Hyemi asked, impressed. "So you're the best of the best?"

Before Joon could reply, Minjae interrupted. "Hyung has been Principal Chair since middle school."

Joon playfully hit Minjae. "Minjae here has been the Concert Master (number one violinist) for the past two years at SNU."

Hyemi was the concert master during high school but her eyes twinkled at the thought of being a Concert Master in the number one university of South Korea. "Wow. I hope I can be Concert Master one day."

"I can give you some private lessons if you would like." Minjae jumped at the opportunity. Joon hit Minjae in the arm. "What, hyung? I'm just trying to help out a fellow violinist."

Hyemi giggled. "I would like that. I think I'll need all the help I can get to do well."

The conductor walked in and placed a paper on the board. Everyone rushed to line up. After reading what was on the paper, the students either cheered or walked away, angry.

"Are those the audition results?" Hyemi asked as she followed Joon and Minjae into the line.

"It sure is." Joon replied. "How do you think you did?"

"Not so well." Hyemi replied, her hands were getting clamy from the nervousness.

Joon and Minjae read the paper together. "Yes!" They high fived each other. It was safe to assume that Joon was Principal Chair and Minjae was Concert Master, again. "I hope second chair will be cute." Minjae commented as he went to move his chair to the front where the Concert Master sits.

Hyemi clapped for them before she walked up to the board herself.

"How did you do?" Joon asked her.

"Oh my gosh." She was speechless.

Curious, he scanned the paper for her name. "Second chair?!" He smiled widely at Hyemi. "That's amazing! I knew you were good."

"I can't believe it." She gasped as Joon helped her move her chair next to Minjae.

Minjae tilted his head, confused. "This is where the second chair sits."

"You're looking at her." Joon said.

Minjae smiled. "I knew you were lying when you said you needed all the help you can get." He helped Hyemi get comfortable. "Welcome to SNU. I think you're going to do just fine." He winked at her.

 

          - A/N -

Hello~ Thank you for reading~ Sorry again, this chapter was more of an introductory chapter >/////< I was planning on getting another scene in until I saw the word count going up so I decided to end it here before it gets too long haha. Hyemi sure is off to a good start, huh? Haha. So, random story, my friend and I were looking at EXO gifs on Tumblr and we realized that Kai and Suho have the most outrageous gifs ever. They're such a quirky pairing. I highly recommend looking them up on Tumblr haha. Well, thank you for reading and expect another chapter to come out soon. <3 Kii-chan