Still Loved

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'CAN WE TALK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED LAST night?' I asked EunJi after leaving the small restaurant where we had eaten a greasy breakfast with Luhan and Sehun, surrounded by people who looked like they wished they'd never seen the New Year.

'What? That you were planning on losing your ity finally, but I screwed it up?'

'No, I'm definitely not talking about that,' I retorted. 'You mentioned liking Luhan.. What happened between you two?'

'I'd rather not talk about it,;

Something was off. Avoiding a conversation about a guy was not like EunJi at all. 

'I'm confused.'

'SooJi-ah, he lives in Incheon. I'm still in high school, forget about the fact that we're moving to Seoul,' she explained, void of emotion. 'I can't keep torturing myself. I need to forget about him.... again.'

I glanced over at her. She kept texting and wouldn't look at me.

'Thanks for driving,' she said, slipping the phone into her purse. 'I'm going to sleep most of the way if you don't mind.'

'Sure,' I responded, concerned by her reaction. 

The quiet drive gave me time to think - which wasn't necessarily a good thing. Being trapped in my head for almost three hours could be overwhelming - even scary. But at the end of it, I was content with my internal discussion. Whether moving in with my mother was the right thing to do or not, I was committed to trying. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter