Waiting For Friday

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Are you okay?'

'Huh?' I shook myself out of my stupor to find my locker door wide open and EunJi watching me carefully. 

'You've been staring into your locker for forever and haven't touched anything. 'What's going on?'

'Didn't sleep much,' I replied. My mother's cries were still ringing in my head. Half-forgotten memories pulled at me, the nights of tantrums, full of rag and pain - I used to hide under my covers, shaking. I blinked to force myself back into the bustling halls. 

'What else is new?' she grinned, bumping me with her shoulder. 'Want to sleep over tonight?'

I opened my mouth to say yes, but I didn't. Chanyeol wouldn't be back until tomorrow, and I wasn't so sure it was a good idea to leave my mother home alone. 

'How about Saturday?' I suggested instead. 

'Okay.' EunJi closed her locker and headed to class. I grabbed my books and went to the computer lab, skipping Political Theory to get my English assignment done. The assignment I never touched last night. 

I fought through the rest of the day and faked pleasant-rise with Analise in Art class, wishing the nail assignment was done already so Sehun could take back his place next to me. 

'Are you staying for Sehun's game tonight?' she asked, bright and eager. 

I nodded. I didn't bother to ask if she was staying, because I already knew that answer. 

'Maybe we can sit together,' she chirped happily. 

'Maybe,' I forced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter