Fireworks

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Do you want your present?' Sehun asked when he pulled back. I began to smile, but faltered. Confusion flashed across his face. 'You don't?'

All I could hear were Mr.Oh's disapproving words, and I wasn't so sure I was excited to give him my gift any longer. 'Can we wait?' I requested awkwardly.

'Uh, no,' Sehun responded with his brows pulled together retrieving the small rectangular box from the table. 'But, you can open yours first if it makes you feel better.'

I took it from his hands nervously.

'Go on, open it,' he encouraged me impatiently. I tore the silver paper to find a long rectangular box that looked expensive. I held my breath when I opened it. A gleaming smile spread across my face when I pulled out two concert tickets. 

'Sehun!' I jumped up to wrap my arms around his neck. 'Yes! This is the perfect gift. Thank you.'

'You're welcome,' Sehun replied, hugging me back. 'I wanted to be the one to take you to your first concert.'

'When is it?' I inspected the ticket for the date. 'The end of the month. Great. I won't have to wait too long.'

'I almost bought a third one for EunJi because I know how much she loves the band, but I decided this was just for us.'

I laughed, already hearing EunJi's groan in my head when I showed her the tickets to the sold-out show she'd been dying to see. 

I put the tickets back in the box and tucked it into the inside pocket of my coat. Sehun looked at me in anticipation. I pressed my lips together, fighting the urge to make up some reason not to give him his gift - but I knew I had to. 

'So, I hope you like it.' I removed the shiny, green-wrapped box from the bag and handed it to him, holding my breath as he opened it. He took off the lid and looked from what was inside to me, then back down again.

'Does this mean?' His eyes lit up and his mouth curled into a stunning smile as he set the box on the chair. Despite my reservations, I couldn't help but smile back - his excitement was too contagious. 'You got in!' He swept his arms around my waist and picked me up. I yelled out in surprise. laughing. 'SooJi, I'm so happy for you.' He kissed and hugged me again.

'When did you find out?' Sehun couldn't stop smiling.

'Ten days ago,' I confessed as he set me back on the ground.

'Wow. That must have been hard not to tell anyone,' he said, impressed, knowing how much I'd wanted this. 'Seoul international college and university. You totally deserve this. You didn't even tell me that you'd applied for early admission.'

I averted my eyes sheepishly. 'It was hard. But I did tell EunJi - sorry.'

'When I said anyone, I didn't count her. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter