Just Not Right

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Your mother is here,' EunJi informed me as I was getting ready to run out on the court for our night game. 'Oh, and we're going to a party tonight after the game.'

I watched her walk into the gym, waving to somebody with an exaggerated smile, mouthing, 'Hi.' I stared after her in shock. What kind of bomb was that to drop right before a game with our school's rival?!

I could hear my mother screaming my name as I dribbled the ball down the court. I blocked her and the rest of the chanting crowd out as I called the plays to put my teammates in motion. I let the movement on the court keep me focused. 

I passed the ball to Haeun outside the key along the baseline. She dribbled in towards the net and popped it back to me. Another teammate set up a pick to allow me to dribbled down the paint and lay it in. The bleachers erupted, but all I could here was a buzz of voices. 

Daegu high school walked away with a three-point win, thanks to Haeun's aggressive rebounding and unshakable accuracy on the free-throw line. I held my own, contributing double-digit points and multiple assits. I was relieved to walk away with the win.

I grabbed my things from the bench and heard someone shout, 'SooJi!' among the crowd of faces. I turned to find my mother walking towards me, and nearly fell over when I spotted Chanyeol a few steps behind her. 

She greeted me with a smile. 'Hi! So glad we came to this game. It was intense.'

I smiled awkward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter