Distraction

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'SooJi,' the dark beckoned. A banging followed. I fought to hold on to the bed, but the sheets were slipping. The room continued to tilt, determined to dump me into the black hole at the end of my bed. Horrific screams cried out from the abyss.

'SooJi,' the dark called out again.

I kicked my feet to work my way further up the mattress. 

The banging grew louder, and I shot up in bed. My sheets were tangled around me, and I was breathing so fast, I was practically hyperventilating. I the light next to my bed.

'SooJi?' came from the other side of the door. 'Are you okay? Will you open the door?'

It was Chanyeol. I inhaled deeply to calm my nerves. 'I'm fine,' I answered, sweeping strands of sweat-soaked hair from my face with a shaking hand.

'Please open the door?' he requested again.

'I'm okay, really,' I responded, unravelling the sheets around my legs.

'Please,' he pleaded. 'Just open the door, okay?'

I hesitated and stared at the door. 'Fine. Just a minute.'

I crawled out of the bed and flipped the blanket over the top to hide the mess beneath. I tied my hair back in an elastic and pulled on a hoodie before unlocking the door and slowly opening it. 

'I'm okay, see.' I looked up at him, shoving my shaking hands in the front pocket of my sweatshirt. His eyes softened as he took me in. 'It was just a dream. Sorry I woke you.'

'You shouldn't go back to bed,' he advised ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter