Overreaction

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I SNUCK OUT OF THE GUEST ROOM BEFORE Sehun woke. I could hear whispers and movement further down the hall, although it was barely dawn. I suspected there was a need to escape before the sun shed too much light on faces that didn't want to be seen. 

I found a few girls searching through the basket of clothes that had been pulled from the dryer, picking out items that belonged to them, stuffing them in their overnight bags.

'SooJi,' a petite blonde beckoned. 'Could you get us our keys and phones so we can go?'

'Sure,' I answered. I took out the bag that we'd hidden in the back of the hall closet and started laying out the Ziplopc bags labelled with each person's name. They took their possessions and left. Most of the girls and a few of the guys were gone by the time EunJi dragged her feet down the stairs, looking like she was still in need of a few more hours of sleep. 

'Whatcha doin'?' she asked, stretching her arms with her hair twisted in a pile on top of her head. 

I tied up a trash bag filled with cups, bottles and stale chips and set it next to another full bag. She looked around. The kitchen was beginning to resemble itself again since I'd already peeled back a layer of party leftovers. 

'Thanks for picking up.' She sat down on a stool, rubbing her palms over her eyes. 'The cleaners are coming around noon, so we don't have to go crazy.'

'How are you feeling?' I sat down next to her.

She propped her head up on her hand and yawned wide. 'Tired. You?'

'Tired,' I concurred. 'Almost everyone's gone. I think there are a few guys sleeping on lawn chairs by the pool, a few more on the couches. Yura, Seoung-Eun and Haeun are upstairs in the rec room.'

'Alone?' she stressed.

'Baekhyun may be up there too, but Haeun was luggage last night, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. 

She groaned, 'I hope not,' then collapsed her head into her arms. 'I think my head is going to fall off.'

I smiled. 'Are you going to tell me wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter