Waiting For Friday

Barely breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'DID I TOTALLY SCREW UP LAST NIGHT?' MY mother asked as she poured her coffee. 'I did. I completely embarrassed you. I was nervous, and I drank too much wine, then told too many stories. I am so sorry, SooJi-ah. Tell Sehun -'

'Mom, I mean.' She looked up at me with her lips pressed together. 'It was fine. I promise.'

'You didn't look fine,' she recalled, eyeing me nervously. 'You looked mortified.'

'I wasn't.' I smiled in an attempt to make her feel better. 

Her nervous guilt got the better of her, so she questioned me further. 'Are you sure?'

I didn't know how else to convince her, so I just nodded. 

'I'm sorry I can't make it to your game this afternoon.'

'I understand. You have to work.'

'Do you mind that I invited myself to Sehun's game? Was that a bad idea? I really want to see him play. I was honest about that.'

'It's okay,' I laughed, wanting her to take a breath before she fell over. 'You were great. Really. And I don't mind if you go to his game on Saturday. You can bring Chanyeol too, if you want.'

Her eyes shifted away from me and fell to her coffee cup.

'What?' I pushed, noticing the pinch between her brows. 

'I'm not sure what's going on with him,' she murmured. 'I think he's keeping something from me.' I felt a pang at seeing her so distaught. 'Does he say anything to you? you know, when you're up at night?'

I shook my head, not confident that I could answe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter