Me and You

Pretence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong stared at Bridget singing, mortified. He has never thought that Bridget is that talented to come up with lyrics since she's so weird all the time. And the fact that she is able to come up with lyrics of such standard actually shocks him. He noticed that her lyrics actually suit the melody, and it links with the rest of the lyrics as well. Was he really that dense to not notice that she is a talented composer the whole time?

 

 

Jiyong continued looking at Bridget who sang and edit her own lyrics, not noticing that Jiyong has stopped the song that he was playing repeatedly for the last 1 hour. He then cleared his throat, desperate for help as he might not have enough time to edit if he were to wait for Teddy. 

 

 

Bridget looked up curiously and saw Jiyong looking at her coldly. "What is it?" Bridget asked and Jiyong cleared his throat again. "S-Since you always claim yourself as a talented composer. You should prove to me that you're right. How about figuring out the lyrics for the empty part of my song?" Jiyong asked, avoiding eye contact with Bridget. 

 

 

"Sure! Of Course!" Bridget agreed as she was feeling bored for the past hour and shifted the empty swivel chair beside Jiyong and settled down. "Actually, I have already figured out the lyrics for the empty part since you were replaying it for so many times. If I'm not wrong , it is supposed to be the female part right?" Bridget asked seriously. "N-Neh" Jiyong agreed, confused.

 

 

Time passes by as Bridget continued helping Jiyong to improve on his song. "So for the second female part, I was thinking if we should add another smaller segment of lyrics as it would kinda be weird and bland if the female singer just appears to sing the same part over again" Bridget suggested as both Jiyong and her started figuring out the melody and lyrics of the extra segment.

 

 

As Bridget continued thinking and working on the song, Jiyong observed her. Why would she help him with his song when he treat her so badly. Isn't she being too kind? She's so different from those girls who only helps when someone treats them well. Observing her serious face while working, he realised that he did overlook her beauty since he was closing his heart the whole time. 

 

 

His eyes trailed from her sparkly eyes which seems to form crescent moons when she smile, to her sharp and defined nose, to her full, pouty lips. She is indeed an exotic beauty. "Jiyong?" Bridget called out as she furrowed her eyebrows. "Y-Yes?" Jiyong responded, snapping out of his thoughts.

 

 

"What are you staring at? " Bridget asked, raising an eyebrow. "Nothing, just that you seem more like a girl when you are working." Jiyong said coldly, covering up his flustered self. "What is that supposed to mean" Bridget narrowed her eyes. 

 

 

"Nothing, so how s it progressing?" He changed the topic.

 

 

"I figured out the melody and lyrics." Bridget said. "W-What? That was fast." Jiyong was impressed and shocked at the same time. "My thoughts flow faster when I'm bored and motivated" Bridget shrugged. Jiyong then looked at her lyrics.

 

 

"Someday when I’m left at the edge of the world alone
I might miss you yeah
Someday when I’m tamed to the edge of sadness
I might regret at the end"

 

 

Jiyong then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter