An Unknown Sound in Her Room

Connected Hearts

Chapter 2  An Unknown Sound in Her Room

 

Sena only ate a little of her dinner. Actually, she didn’t want to move an inch from her room and eat dinner with her family at this time. She didn’t want to make her parents worried about her though. Her mom and dad knew there was something wrong with their daughter because she came home earlier than usual and her eyes were red and swollen from crying. However, they prefer not to question it and let her voluntarily told them when she couldn't find a solution or when that problem had become some of her youth memory, because they believe Sena was mature enough to be able to resolve the problem by herself.

 

 

After finally being able to finish her food, Sena began to take dirty plates of hers and her brother's who had already returned to his room but her mother took the plates from her hands. "I’ll wash it, take a rest." Her mom softly told her.

 

 

Sena's mom and dad knew. All she need was time for herself. She nodded and then went upstairs to go back to her room.

 

 

Back to her room indeed made Sena thought of Kim Jongin. Some basketball accessories and pictures of her together with the basketball club at her desk, of course there were Kim Jongin's face in all the photos, reminded Sena about her broken heart. But only in this room again she could pour all her heart’s content out. Sena lost herself in her own thoughts. What should she do when tomorrow comes? She had her heart prepared to come to school tomorrow. Even to come to regular training as usual like nothing happened.

 

 

......~

 

 

What’s that?

 

 

A sound woke her up from her deep sleep. Even if she didn’t hear it clearly, she knew it was a song playing. Sena heard it come from the room besides her, her brother's room. It was night already and her brother must be advised to reduce the volume or he should expect Mr. Park who lives next door knock the door and throw his anger again.

 

 

Sena left her room and knocked on her brother’s door. It was strange actually because the sound of the music was not heard again when she came out of her room.

 

 

For a while, nothing happened but Kang Chanhee, a 15 year old boy, opened the door. "What is it, noona?" He asked.

 

 

"What are you doing right now? Turn the music down." She told him while observing his room behind his shoulder.

 

 

Chanhee raised his eyebrows. He did not seem to understand. "What do you mean? Since a few hours ago, I have been studying."

 

 

Kang Chanhee was busy preparing himself to get into his dream high school. Although he had just stepped 3rd grade of junior high school, he already took a tutoring class. Being deep in study didn’t make him stressed out. He's naturally a role model in his school and it was not unusual that he was studying at this moment.

 

 

"But I really heard..." She knew it was impossible for Chanhee to play music loudly because it wasn't like him to do that. So Sena decided not to continue her sentence and she didn’t want to bother his studying time. Moreover, the sound couldn’t be heard anymore so no more problem. "Nothing, just continue your studying."

 

 

Sena turned around to come back to her room but Chanhee grabbed her arm. The girl found her brother looking at her intensely. There was something he wanted to say.

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"Noona, you don’t need to be concerned about Jongin hyung."

 

 

Sena was quite surprised by Chanhee’s words. "Did you know...?"

 

 

He nodded. "He appeared at my SNS timeline for hours. People around them definitely knew about it.”

 

 

Sena smiled bitterly. "Yeah, everyone talked about him and that girl today in my school."

 

 

His grip tightened, "Forget Jongin hyung, he's not the best for you. You deserve someone better. "

 

 

Although his eyes were not looking at her, she knew Chanhee was trying to comfort her and it made Sena happy. "Thank you, Chanhee-ah." She said and patted her lovely brother's hair.

 

 

The boy was upset. He slapped her sister’s hand from his hair. "Stop treating me like a child!"

 

 

He always said those words when Sena his head. It’s cute, really. A small curve appeared on Sena’s lip. "Well, continue your studying but do not push yourself, okay?"

 

 

Chanhee just nodded. He even couldn’t pout because it was her first smile since he saw her at home today. Her brother was pleased if he could help his sister even if it was just a little.

 

 

After his brother closed the door, Sena went back to her room. However, it turns out that the music was still there. She came out of her room again, but the music couldn’t be heard anymore. It wasn’t from Chanhee’s room. The sound could be heard when Sena was in her room.

 

 

That's strange...

 

She was sure that the sound was coming from the other room but Chanhee was not playing any music. So where was the sound coming from?

 

 

Sena leaned to the wall at the side of her room which is between Chanhee’s and her room. Doing that made Sena hear where the source of it was. However, it seemed that this was not the sound from the next room. This noise was coming from inside the closet. Sena put her left ear closely to her wardrobe. This was really the source of the sound. She opened her wardrobe and...she was right. The sound was even louder in there.

 

 

What is in this closet?

 

 

The music became more clear. She knows this song. It is Haru Haru by Big Bang.

 

 

Sena searched for the source of the sound in her closet but not even objects such as a radio, mp3 player, mobile phone, or items like that were in there. Even though it was like that, she believed that the sound was coming from behind this wardrobe because the more she put her body inside the closet, the sound grew louder.

 

 

Her heart began to beat faster and her adrenaline pumped as her mind started to guess what the source of this sound was. It was not from Chanhee’s, so where was it? She gulped and began to put her ear besides the back of the wardrobe. But instead, she could listen to the sound and do the analysis. The board that she used to hold her body was pushed forward. It didn’t feel like a normal board but rather something like a door.

 

 

But now the sound of music sounded really loud now. What happened? In a confused state, Sena pushed the door open and found herself in a room she didn’t know. One thing for sure, this was not Chanhee’s room.

 

 

Suddenly the song stopped.

 

 

"W-who are you?!" The sound of someone with a low tone awaken Sena from her thoughts. It was a man's voice but not Chanhee’s.

 

 

Sena turned towards the sound of the voice and found a tall man with a white shirt and ¾ black short pants hugging a pillow while pointing a ruler towards her. She never saw him before and moreover, she was in a awkward position...

 

 

Where is this place...?!

 

 


 Author's note

I like this child actor, he made me like him when I watched 'Can You Hear My Heart' drama years ago. Now he has grown up, maybe in his puberty phase.

So, I used him as Kang Sena's little brother, moreover his surname is also 'Kang', hehe :D