Girl from The Closet

Connected Hearts

Chapter 4  Girl from The Closet

 

"W-who are you?!" demanded the boy while keeping a safe distance.

 

 

Sena turned to her right side and became surprised to find a guy she's never seen before pointing a ruler at her, like she was a thief that just got caught in the middle of her act. It’s very embarrassing actually, to be found in that awkward position... moreover by a strange guy.

 

 

She immediately got up, no less surprised than him. "....who are you?" She asked hesitantly.

 

 

"Do not repeat my question. Who are you?" He took a step forward, still with a ruler directed towards Sena.

 

 

The girl raised her hands like she got caught by the police. "K-Kang Sena."

 

 

It seemed that she had no other choice except to go along with that guy.

 

 

"Well Kang Sena-ssi, what are you doing in my room?"

 

 

Not knowing what to say, Sena didn’t answer. She herself was very confused at the moment. She didn’t even know why she could be in his room.

 

 

Not getting any response from Sena, Chanyeol changed his question. "How can you enter my room--" his eyes then glanced at the closet that was open and back to Sena again, "--and hide in the closet? Since when have you been there?"

 

 

Sena felt like a suspect who was being interrogated by the police when he asked her that. Yeah, she seemed very suspicious right know to anyone, not just to him. And Sena couldn’t blame the guy to act this way.

 

 

She gulped. "Well, I will answer your question, but can you get rid of that ruler?"

 

 

Chanyeol frowned and looked at her with suspicion. "I don’t know what a stalker like you would do to me. This is for security reasons. "

 

 

Sena’s eyes grew bigger. This guy thought she was a stalker? There’s no other joke that was funnier than this one. She was about to blurt out but after she thought about it, this situation indeed made her look that way. If she was angry right now, she wouldn’t be able to explain the real situation to him.

 

 

Trying to compose herself, she took a deep breath and said in a serious tone. "I'm not a stalker. I don’t even know you. Get rid of the ruler and I will explain. "

 

 

The boy hesitated but then decided to put the ruler back on the desk. It looked like Sena managed to persuade him. Finally she could breathe easily and put her hand down. The boy looked at Sena while his hand was on his waist.

 

 

"Now, I need an explanation. What are you doing in my closet? Since when you were hiding there? Don’t you know that entering someone else's property without permission is a crime?" He was attacking Sena with barrage of questions.

 

 

Her lips thinned, she didn’t know where to start explaining to him. But she knew she had to get away from this suspicion.

 

 

"First, I'm not a stalker, and second, I never intended to enter your room without permission. I also don’t know what happened to me. At first, I was in my own closet and suddenly I was in your closet, falling into your room."

 

 

He was about to reach for his ruler again but Sena quickly clutched his arm to stop him. She knew her words didn’t make sense, anyone wouldn’t believe it. Still, Sena had to convince this guy to regain her pride as a woman.

 

 

"You can check it out, you know, it seems like there was something odd about our closets."

 

 

Chanyeol stared at the girl. Her eyes looked puffy, like she had shed many tears today. What happened to her actually? Somehow, his sympathy grew on her. Maybe if he was a woman, his eyes would be like hers right now.

 

 

So like that, he decided to believe in her. Chanyeol walked to the closet, followed by Kang Sena. The door was still wide open. Hesitating a bit, he turned his head at Sena, but the girl looked serious. She nodded, assuring him to look inside. Well, it’s alright to just looked into there quickly, just to make her happy. He stepped forward to look into the closet, and he didn’t even believe what he saw at the moment. There was another room.

 

 

He slowly turned to Sena. "How could it be? Behind this closet was supposed to be a bathroom, but what I see- "

 

 

The girl nodded again. Now, she was sure what exactly was going on. "It looks like our closets are connected, somehow."

 

 

Believing just by looking was not enough for Chanyeol. He climbed into the closet and set his foot onto Sena’s room. This was really happening although it didn’t make sense and was hard to believe, but their closet were really connected.

 

 

"How could this happen?" Chanyeol asked as he returned to his room.

 

 

Sena shrugged. "I heard the sound of music in my room and suddenly, when searching for the source of the sound, I got there, in your room."

 

 

"This...this is incredible." His expression changed, he looked very interested in this phenomenon. When the first time she saw him, Sena knew he was in grief. She didn’t know how she knew but Sena felt sadness in his eyes at that time although there was not even a drop of tear on his cheeks. Maybe that's why he was playing a song so loud, so he could hide his grief.

 

 

"So, where is this?" She reached for the window to take a look outside from the boy’s room. It was an apartment likely, because she could see a higher view from the window.

 

 

"It’s Seoul," he replied.

 

 

Sena turned her head, surprised. “Seoul?!”

 

 

Chanyeol just nodded. He looked at the other side of his closet. "Then, where is yours?"

 

 

"My room? I live in Incheon."

 

 

"That means I can go to Incheon in a matter of seconds? Wow...this is great!"

 

 

He looked very enthusiastic and even amused with this phenomenon. Like a kid who was curious about something new. He repeatedly put his hand inside the closet and said that his feet and his hand were there in a different city. Seeing him like that made Sena laugh.

 

 

Hearing her laughter, Chanyeol stopped his doing. His big eyes glanced at her. "Are you laughing at me?"

 

 

"Well, instead of fear or panic, it looks like you’re actually happy with what happened."

 

 

He was silent, letting Sena continue her giggling. Actually, he was quite happy, at least she looked better now. Anyone would look nicer if they were laughing, he thought.

 

 

"Hey, by the way, what is your name?" asked Kang Sena after being satisfied laughing. "From now on, we’re neighbors. We don’t know for how long so I guess it’s not bad to know each other."

 

 

Chanyeol held out his hand to Sena and smiled, "Park Chanyeol. Nice to meet you, Kang Sena. "

 

 

Sena welcomed his hand and replied with a smile. "Nice to meet you too."

 

 


 

Author's note

Thanks for your support by subscribing and commenting this story :D :D

I really appreciate it, It help me to write this fanfic, Once again, gomawo yooo <3