Start of A Lie

Connected Hearts

Chapter 12  Start of A Lie

 

“Don’t touch my girlfriend!”

 

That man looked in pain when Chanyeol rotated his arm. When his arm was released, that man apologized with fear and ran away. 

 

"Are you okay?" He assessed her face, putting his hands on her shoulders. Worry reflected from his round eyes.

 

Sena blinked twice, she could feel a spark of warm feelings rushing through her. At that time, Minhye's voice echoed in her head out of nowhere.

 

Start a new love...

 

“Kang Sena?” Having her name called by Chanyeol brought her back from her mind. She then nodded, telling him she was okay.

 

When the worry was lessen, Chanyeol seemed realize what he just done, he touched her, and even he called her his girlfriend earlier. Avoiding her stare, he took a step back and cleared his throat. “I’m sorry for telling him that earlier, I mean...” he then thinned his lip, not knowing what right words to say.

 

“No, it’s okay. I know you only want to protect me.”

 

He released a relieved smiled, making Sena's heart couldn't stop beating faster.

 

He looked like he just remembered and took something from his pocket. And the next time she knew, Chanyeol put something on her head. It was a red hat, as she saw from her reflection on his round eyes. So, he went to buy this hat earlier for her, to make her warmer. And, he did it. Really.

 

When she was going to open her lip and say thank you, someone shouted Park Chanyeol’s name, causing both Chanyeol and Sena turned their head to the voice direction. And there, Sena saw a guy and a girl around their age, standing not too far from them. The guy was waving at them, it seemed he was the one who called him earlier. They must be his friends. Sena glanced at Chanyeol, feeling the urge to know who they are, just to found his eyes widen a bit. He seemed surprised to see them here. The answers finally escape from his lips. “Baekhyun...Yookyung-ah...”

 

Sena was taken aback when she heard the girl’s name.

 

Yookyung-ah? Did he mean Cha Yookyung?

 

Sena then looked at the guy and the girl again as they were approaching Chanyeol and her. But this time, she focused her eyes only on the girl. She unconsiously observed her from head to toe, and she noticed that the girl was doing the same when she was standing in front of her. She has a fair skin and short brown hair, her nose is not too pointy but it’s perfect for her profile.

 

She’s pretty.

 

To see his expression, she glanced at him once again, assessing him. She remembered that night when he said that he had chosen to let Yookyung go, but she could tell it from his eyes, he still not do it, he couldn’t do it. His feeling was still there and she knew it.

 

“We saw you earlier.” Baekhyun grinned, he glanced at Sena before he nudged Chanyeol in a playful way. “So, you have a girlfriend?”

 

Chanyeol stared at Yookyung who looked straight at him, waiting for his answer. They seemed to misunderstood about the situation. “No, she is...”

 

Before Chanyeol could finish his words, Baekhyun frowned and said, “What? Trying to hide it, huh? I heard it with my own ears you said ‘Don’t touch my girlfriend!’. It was cool actually.”

 

Chanyeol was about to clear this misunderstanding but, suddenly, Sena linked her arms in Chanyeol’s and said something that surprised him. “Yes, I’m his girlfriend. My name is Kang Sena, nice to meet you.”

 

When Sena finished her introduction, she could tell that Yookyung was surprised by her words. But, she’s trying to calm her self. And Chanyeol, his eyes couldn’t even blink, still confused with this situation. When he looked at Sena, she nodded, telling him to go along with her. If Chanyeol wanted to settle his feelings for her, he had to face them and she would help him. Maybe this was how she could be a help for him after he helped her earlier. 

 

“I’m Byun Baekhyun. His close friend from middle school.” He greeted her excitedly. It's nice to see his friend who never close to any girl before beside Cha Yookyung dating a girl.

 

After greet Baekhyun back, Sena looked at Yookyung. “You must be Cha Yookyung. I heard you from Chanyeol.” She reached out her hands, trying to look friendly. But the girl only stood still, and after some moment passed, Yookyung welcomed her hand with a smile. “I’m Cha Yookyung, his childhood friends. Nice to meet you.”

 

“So, why don’t we hang out together?” asked Baekhyun while twined his arm around yookyung’s shoulder, showing them how close they two are. They are lover after all.

 

It must be hard for Chanyeol to see this and Sena knew he didn't prepared to going out together with them. She was about to refuse Baekhyun’s invitation, when suddenly Chanyeol grabbed Sena’s hand,pleasantly going through this scheme with her.

 

"It's just for tonight anyway", he whispered. He then pulled her closer and said to Baekhyun and Yookyung. “Yes, why not?”

 

------

 

And then, Sena was there, sitting next to Chanyeol. In front of her, there were Baekhyun and Yookyung, choosing menu to order.

 

“Cappucino for me.” Baekhyun ordered.

 

“I’m vanilla latte.” After saying that to the waitress, she looked at Chanyeol. “Yours is americano, isn’t it?”

 

He nodded. Well, you could expect that from chilldhood friend, she must knew a lot about Chanyeol.

 

“Then, what about you, Kang Sena?” she asked.

 

“Oh, Hmm..." because she observed those three, Sena almost forgot to choose menu. Shen just said what come first to her mind. "I’ll have caramel latte.”

 

After ordering, there was a moment of silence between them. Both of them was in their own mind. But then, Baekhyun started a conversation while resting his chin on his hands, his eyes was showing his curiousity. “So, since when you became a couple?”

 

“Two weeks ago.”

“A month ago.”

 

Chanyeol and Sena answered at the same time but with different answers, causing Baekhyun and Yookyung frowned.

 

“I mean, It was two or three weeks ago, so it was around last month.” Chanyeol quickly fixed his answer, trying to sound convincing.

 

“What? It’s been a while and you didn't tell me before when we met at Yookyung’s house.”

 

“Oh, that’s right. I forgot to tell you before, maybe I was too happy with your news back then. I’m sorry.”

 

“Well, you must treat me next time.”

 

When Chanyeol and Baekhyun was chatting like that, Cha Yookyung stared at Sena. To be honest, it made Sena felt uncomfortable with her gaze. Sena was swinging her feet under the table and looking around, observing the interior while trying to avoiding her untill she heard Yookyung saying. “Are you attending the same school with him?” 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol stopped their conversation when they heard Yookyung’s voice asking Kang Sena and heeded the girl. Especially Chanyeol, he must helped her if Yookyung or Baekhyun was going to interview Sena with a lot of questions.

 

“I’m not. My school is far away from here.”

 

“So, how do you met with him?”

 

Through our closet. She answered mentally. But, of course it wasn’t that answer which she said to her. “Because of some reasons, I met him not long ago.”

 

“Not long ago? If so, how did you like him?”

 

Chanyeol felt the high tension between them and tried to stop it by his joke. “Yookyung-ah, is she a suspect or what, why do you interrogate her?”

 

“I'm just curious about your girlfriend, Chan-ah.” She then stared back at Sena. “I have known him for more than ten years already. His favorite menu, his family, his dislikes, his hobby, I know all about him. You can ask me anything.” Yookyung sounded like boasting their childhood relationship, but it might her way to show her friendliness, she wasn’t sure.

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

At that time, the waitress came, bringing their coffees. After a moment of silence because each of them were enjoying their coffee, Baekhyun broke the silence. Again.

 

“Do you free tomorrow?”

 

After sipped his coffee, Chanyeol answered his question. “Kind of. Why?”

 

Sena thought Baekhyun only asked Chanyeol but he seemed waiting for her answer as well. “Well, I had nothing to do.”

 

Baekhyun grinned while Yookyung looked at him with a ‘don’t tell me’ expression.

 

“Great, we should go on a double date!”

 

Hearing Baekhyun words, Chanyeol almost spouted his drinks meanwhile Sena widened her eyes. “W-what?”

 

“I have some free Lotte World tickets and it’s almost being useless if I don’t met you tonight. Why don't we go together? Four of us.”

 

Chanyeol and Sena looked at each other. They were not in position to turned down his invitation, they just said they are free.

 

It looks like their lie would last longer than expected.