Perhaps

Connected Hearts

Chapter 6  Perhaps

 

As soon as they entered the gym, Jongin called all the members to hear him out for a moment. The members didn’t take a long time to gather around because they were already curious about their captain’s announcement. Whether it’s about a new practice menu or about regional championship preparation, they really wanted to know.

 

 

“In this month, we have two practice games. Thanks to Mr. Lee’s effort, we got two good opponents that surely will encourage your fighting spirit. So keep yourself ready.”

 

 

“Who are the opponents?” asked one of the players.

 

 

“We will play against our neighbour school, Namdong High School, next week. And at the end of this month, we will play against one of the high schools in Seoul, Yongsan High School.”

 

 

Hearing the Namdong High School made the 12th and 11th grades’ members all fire up. They couldn’t forget what happened last year. Maybe it was their chance to pay back the debt and bring the team to national championship. Plus they couldn’t ignore Yongsan High School because they played in national last year, so it was indeed a good opponent for real.

 

 

After the announcement, the members dispersed, preparing their own practice menu with high spirit. In the meantime, Sena walked to Jongin’s side with excitement. “Is it for real? About Namdong High? I still can’t believe it.”

 

 

He nodded. “It’s great, isn’t it?”

 

 

“It’s really great! Playing against them is our chance to determine our strength before the upcoming regional cup.”

 

 

Seeing her expression, Jongin smiled a bit. “You really like it, huh?”

 

 

“Of course.” Sena said earnestly. Then she looked at Jongin. “But, the one who’s most looking forward to it is you, right?”

 

 

He chuckled. “Well, you got me.”

 

 

Without looking at her, he ruffled her hair and started to walk into the field, leaving a great impression for Sena. From afar, without Sena or Jongin knowing, Hyejin looked at them with anxiety.

 

 

The preparations have already started from today, so they began the training menu that had been prepared by Coach Lee. All the members seemed to be in their best condition and Sena hoped that these conditions could be maintained up till the regional cup next month.

 

 

Sena finished recording the shoot scores thrown by the players, and as usual, Jongin has the highest scoring balls. That guy was still amazing like usual. Thinking that, her eyes gazed at him, admiring from the courtside. When Jongin turned his head to look at her, their eyes met. Before she could avoid her eyes, Jongin smiled at her, making her have no choice but to smile back. At that time, he approached her, making Sena’s heart beat faster.

 

 

"Sena-yah, how’s my score?" He asked as his distance with Sena grew close.

 

 

"Good, better than the previous one."

 

 

He walked to her side to see his record. Standing beside him like this pleased her. With a pounding heart, Sena couldn't stop glancing at Jongin who focused on the paper she was holding. His aroma was still the same, his expression when he talk to her was still the same, his voice is still the same, this situation was still the same. Jongin was acting like usual, like nothing changed, and somehow it made her happy.

 

 

"Aah, it’s only one shot better than before." Jongin looks dissatisfied with his score.

 

 

"If you want to increase your score, practice harder, captain!" Sena chuckled, patting her friend's shoulder.

 

 

"Before the game against Namdong High, I'll improve my score up to ten shots, so you have to record it properly, manager!"

 

 

Sena smiled and raised her hand to make a saluting gesture. "Roger, Captain."

 

 

After grinning, Jongin went back to the court, leaving Sena with pleasured feelings. She still converses to Jongin like usual. He already has a girlfriend but he still chose Sena, still went to her side. Perhaps, she still had a chance to stand by his side…

 

 

------

 

 

“...and when he saw it, he thought it was chocolate!”

 

 

The time Sehun finished his saying, Chanyeol laughed out loudly. At the other side, Kyungsoo just frowned, wondering why he was laughing. “Hey, it’s not funny at all.”

 

 

“You have no sense of humor. It’s funny!” said Sehun. Chanyeol continued to laugh and he began to wondered why he was still laughing. “Well, it’s not that funny though.”

 

 

“It’s indeed funny. Tell me another joke!”

 

 

Sehun shrugged. “I’ve told you all of my jokes. It’s not funny to hear it for a second time.”

 

 

“But still... there wasn’t even one? I want to laugh more...”

 

 

Sehun and Kyungsoo grew quiet, realizing that there was something wrong with Chanyeol since this morning. He’s pretending to be all okay now but it was easy to figure out. They knew they couldn’t just make him talk about his problem.

 

 

When silent arose, a sudden suggestion came up from Kyungsoo’s lip. “Wanna go to the rooftop?”

 

 

Maybe it was the best for him right now, refreshing his head.

 

 

Sehun nodded. “Call.”

 

 

“The afternoon practice starts soon, why—“ before Chanyeol could finish his words, Sehun circled his arm on his shoulder and pulled him along with them.

 

 

 

The rooftop was empty because at that time, the afternoon practice had begun. Sehun ran around, as soon as they got there, like a child. Seeing that, Chanyeol couldn’t help but join him, he wanted to enjoy this moment.

 

 

“Yah! Are you elementary students?” Kyungsoo shouted with a serious face, but then his expression change immediately. While smiling delightedly, he ran towards the two. “Wait for me!”

 

 

The three was playing around happily even though there was nothing at the rooftop, just the three of them and the nice weather. It was just that but together made it merrier.

 

 

After the running, Chanyeol laid on the floor, panting. Kyungsoo and Sehun followed him and settled by his side.  Doing that, they appreciate how nice the weather was today, saw how blue the sky was and felt the soft breeze when it touched their skin. And when he realized it, Chanyeol’s heart felt lighten somehow. A smile could be seen from his lip, a nice one.

 

 

“Thanks for cheering me up.” Chanyeol said out of the blue.

 

 

“Sometimes I feel like to skip the practice. So it’s not for you.”

 

 

Hearing Kyungsoo words, Chanyeol just chuckled. He knew he was not the type who would show his heart through expression.

 

 

Sehun turned his head to Chanyeol. “So, do you feel better?”

 

 

“Yeah,  I’m okay.”

 

 

His answer made his two friends smile. If Chanyeol felt more at ease, they would gladly do everything.

 

 

“The weather is really nice.” Kyungsoo said calmly, looking at the sky.

 

 

Chanyeol murmured. “Yes, it is.”

 

 

The breeze ruffled their hair gently. While enjoying the moment, a sudden sound came from Chanyeol’s smartphone. He sat up and took his phone from his pocket. It’s chat messages from Cha Yookyung. From behind, Sehun peeked, “Isn’t it from the girl?” he asked.

 

 

Chanyeol thinned his lip, hesitating to open the message. His thumb tapped the screen like it was out of his control.

 

 

-Hi Chan-ah

-About yesterday, I’m sorry you had to find out like that.

-And about the answer, if you still remember, I gave up to find out about it so I think it’s better this way.

-Maybe in the future, we could still hang out together. Just the three of us.

 

 

After reading those messages, he clutched his phone.

 

 

Seeing Chanyeol’s upset expression, Kyungsoo sat up."What's wrong?"

 

 

Without giving any answer, Chanyeol stood up, making Sehun and Kyungsoo wonder what happened.

 

 

“Sorry, I have to go.”

 


 

Author's note

I'm sorry because of my slow update because I just finished a drama 

Thanks for subscribing, and I'd appreciate it if you also upvote and give comments :D

and sorry for errors and mistakes because english is not my first language >_<