Not a Dream

Connected Hearts

Chapter 5  Not a Dream

 

Chanyeol was already awake from his sleep but he was too lazy to get up. He just laid on his bed until his gaze fell on the closet. Staring at it like that made him remember the incident last night, when a girl, out of nowhere, suddenly fell from there.

 

 

...was it a dream?

 

 

Yes, It really felt like a dream. How could his room be connected with another person’s room through a closet? The most logical answer is...it really was a dream.

 

 

“Chan-ah! Wake up!” The door suddenly opened, startling Chanyeol. Hearing his older sister’s voice made Chanyeol quickly cover himself and close his eyes, trying to sleep again. He didn’t know why but he always felt irritated every time she wakes him up. Maybe because her voice was loud enough to be in an annoying level. Sometimes, he wonders why there is a guy who would want to be her lover. Junmyeon-hyung must be insane.

 

 

Seeing her brother still lying on his bed comfortably, she pulled the covers to make him awake, but Chanyeol held it, keeping the covers on his body. She sighed. “I know you’re awake. Get up!”

 

 

“I still want to sleep, wake me up later.” Chanyeol murmured and moved.

 

 

“It’s seven thirty now! You want to be late for school?”

 

 

Hearing that, Chanyeol immediately got up, “What?! Noona, why didn’t you wake me up earlier!”

 

 

She stared at her brother panicking and sloppily wore his slippers, getting up. She shook her head. “It’s fortunate that I’m still willing to wake a heavy sleeper like you.” After making sure he won’t back to the bed again, she reached for the door, “Hurry and eat your breakfast. I have to go.”

 

 

Right, the breakfast! But, class starts at eight a.m and he didn’t have much time left. “No time for breakfast, I’ll be late!” Chanyeol yelled, starting to take off his shirt to change.

 

 

“You must have your breakfast or mom will get mad.” She told him, leaving Chanyeol’s room without turning back.

 

 

He took his shirt off when he saw that the door was still open.

 

 

“Ya! You didn’t even close the door!”

 

 

His sister wasn’t even in the room but her voice still could be heard clearly. “No one is willing to see you change.”

 

 

“But still...”

 

 

In the end, he chose not to continue his words. Arguing with his sister was just a waste of time. His house was quite far from school, if he kept doing something unnecessary things, he’ll be late for sure. He had to change clothes as soon as possible.

 

 

Chanyeol reached for his closet quickly to take out his uniform. He yanked the closet open just to see Sena standing there on the other side, searching for her uniform too. Realizing the other closet was opened, Sena raised her head and then, their eyes met.

 

 

At that time, the girl was too surprised to see his bare body and couldn’t help but scream “Oh my god!”. Well, he wasn’t but still, Sena wasn’t familiar with that kind of sight. Seeing her reaction, he just remembered that he was in the middle of changing and instinctively covered his upper body with his hands.

 

 

“W-what are you doing? Wear your clothes!” Sena turned her head quickly and closed her eyes, embarrassed by what she saw.

 

 

“W-well, I have to take my uniform first. Don’t look!”

 

 

He took his uniform while occasionally looking back at Sena to make sure she didn’t turn her head. Suddenly, his sister came back to the room in a rush, looking worried. “What happened!?”

 

 

As soon as Chanyeol heard her voice, he closed the closet’s door and leaned on it. “Why did you come back?!”

 

 

She started to observe the room, “I heard a girl’s scream...”

 

 

“A girl’s scream? I didn’t hear it.” He shook his head, trying to look convincing.

 

 

“But I really heard it. Don’t tell me, you--”

 

 

Before she could finish talking, Chanyeol pushed her out. He didn’t want to prolong the matters, all he wanted was just to change and then go to school. “It’s only your imagination, noona. Go, you have to go, right?”

 

 

“I’m really sure that--“

 

 

He sighed, his sister could be really persistent sometimes. So, he commanded with serious face. “Noona, please get out, I have to change right now.”

 

 

She pouted. “Well, I’ll go. Hurry up and change your clothes! It’s almost 8 now.” After saying that, she left the room.

 

 

“What?! Aish!” He hurriedly put his clothes on. What a morning, he really thought last night was a dream, but the other room was really there, Kang Sena was real. It was not a dream after all.

 

 

At the other room, Sena just chuckled, hearing their voices coming from the other side.

 

 

-----

 

 

Fortunately, when Sena woke up earlier, her eyes were not as swollen as she thought it would be. Thanks to meeting with Chanyeol last night, she could sleep more comfortably. To be honest, she even almost forgot about Kim Jongin’s matters last night.

 

And about going to school, it’s not that hard to overcome. For the first time since 12th grade, Sena felt really grateful for not being in the same class with Jongin. Before, she always longed for Jongin’s figure in the classroom, about how they study and do tasks together and about how they chat and play around in the class, as they always did last year when they were in 11th grade. Perhaps, if they were still in the same class and at the same time he was going out with Hyejin, Sena would be unable to endure it She won’t even be able to go to school.

 

 

"Are you okay?" asked Minhye when Sena set her bag and sat on her seat. She was worried about Sena’s condition. They had became chairmates for nearly two months and were actually close enough to share a lot of things, but Sena never told anything about her feelings towards Jongin. Minhye only knew that they were close friends, because Jongin sometimes come into their classroom to meet Sena. Because of what happened yesterday, Minhye now knew Sena’s real feelings towards Kim Jongin. She became somewhat apologetic when yesterday she unknowingly asked her about Jongin status. How could she not realize Sena’s feelings this whole time?

 

 

"Well, not really but I think I'm okay." Sena replied.

 

 

"You should’ve told me earlier. Sharing your feelings with someone can make you feel better. "

 

 

Sena never told anyone about her feelings towards Jongin. It was her biggest secret and now, Minhye knew about it. She lost control of herself and seeing what happened yesterday and Minhye could tell Jongin was more than a friend to Sena. After she thought about it, it was not that bad. She knew Minhye can keep her secret. And moreover, her heart felt lighten somehow.

 

 

Realizing that, Sena made a soft curve at her lip. "You’re right. Thank you very much."

 

 

The lesson began. Class was not a problem. The biggest hurdle for Sena that day was the basketball club and that was an obstacle she couldn’t avoid no matter what.

 

 

That’s what she thought.

 

 

 

And soon, class was over and the students started to pack up their belongings. Sena didn’t though. She was debating herself whether to go to the club or not. Seeing her only sat still like that, Minhye knew Sena had not fully prepared herself for today.

 

 

“You won’t go to the club?” Minhye slowly asked her.

 

 

“Well, I don’t know. I just felt that the club isn’t as fun as it used to be...”

 

 

Minhye got back to her seat, not knowing what she had to say. Even though she had the Volleyball Club waiting for her, she just couldn’t leave Sena alone. Some moment passed and the class was almost empty. When she was thinking how to encourage her, she saw Jongin entering the class.

 

 

She nudged Sena’s elbow. “Kim Jongin is here.”

 

 

Knowing Kim Jongin was in the class made Sena turned her head from the door, avoiding him so he couldn’t see her. But, Jongin knew where her seat was and he also knew her figure even if he didn’t see her face.

 

 

“Sena!” he called as he approached her.

 

 

Minhye was sure it was time for Sena to resolve her problem. She patted Sena’s shoulder and whispered,“You can face him. Fighting!” And then she went, leaving the two alone.

 

 

Jongin looked around at the empty class. “Why are you still here?”

 

 

“I...had something to do. And you, what are you doing here?”

 

 

He lifted his bag to put it on his shoulder and grinned. “To pick my manager up.”

 

 

“You just met Mr. Lee?” She knew every time he deliberately come to her class after school. It was because he had something important to tell her and it must be about the club.  

 

 

“Yes. He informed me about the practice game this month.”

 

 

“Practice game? And what about the opponent?”

 

 

“You’ll be shocked, hearing it.” He then pulled her arm with enthusiastic. “Let’s go, I’ll tell you and everyone later in the club.”

 

 

She really wanted to avoid him that day but it looked like she had no other choice.