Her Broken Heart

Connected Hearts

Chapter 1 Her Broken Heart

 

It was really hard for Sena to enter the gymnasium. She just stood there, not even daring herself to open the door. Before, coming to this place was the most anticipated thought for her. But today, it was different. If possible, she wanted to go straight home and never come back to this place again, not after what had happened. Still, she was the school’s basketball club’s senior manager. Attending the regular practice was one of her duties.

 

 

“Kang Sena, you won’t come in?” A guy’s voice startled Sena. She knew this voice, a very familiar voice. Kim Jongin’s voice. Knowing he was behind her, she didn’t want to turn her head nor answer his question because he was the person she didn’t want to see the most right now.

 

 

Without knowing anything, he went up in front of her and gave her a smile, a beautiful smile like usual.

 

 

“You must be waiting for me.” said Jongin.

 

 

Sena didn't say a word and she even avoided his eyes. However, he casually circled his arm around her shoulder and pulled Sena to enter the gym.

 

 

Inside the gym, the club members were practicing while others were stretching and warming up. As soon as Sena and Jongin stepped in, they stopped what they were doing and turned to the door, all eyes were staring at them.

 

 

“Captain!” They all cried and approached that guy with one purpose to prove the rumor.

 

 

There wasn’t even at least ten seconds when they were swarming around him. Sena couldn't help but slowly stepped away from the crowd.

 

 

“Your facebook status, is it real?”

 

“So, are you dating her now?”

 

 

Those questions they asked repeatedly to Kim Jongin. In reaction, he rubbed his nape and said shyly, “Yeah, it’s just like that.”

 

 

Everyone in the gym were cheering and congratulating him. Their captain has a girlfriend now! And they were happy to hear the news. But not for Sena. When she heard his answer, it was like a lightning struck her. Hearing directly from Jongin made it feel so real. Or maybe.... it really was.

 

 

Kang Sena and Kim Jongin were best friends. Be in the same club and having same interest about basketball made them really close. Moreover, they were classmates during eleventh grade. It was normal for them to be spotted together. Sena didn’t know when but she started to feel something different about Jongin. She liked Jongin more than just a close best friend. However, she never told him about her feelings because she was happy just to be by his side and enjoy the days together with him and the basketball club. She thought they will stay the same like this, but it all changed when that girl came.

 

 

“Look, she’s coming!” one of the members shouted.

 

 

His expression changed when he stared at the girl who entered the room. Kim Jongin was blushing, his warm eyes stared at her and the eyes that never looked the way when he saw Sena.

 

 

All the members teased them and pushed Jongin to the girl. The two were blushing happily. Whoever looked at them knew that love was blooming between the two. Seeing that scene, Sena had a hard time breathing. Her chest felt so tight and she wanted to run from here, but she just couldn't.

 

 

The girl next to Kim Jongin, her name is Lee Hyejin. The tenth grade junior manager that joined the club one month ago. She’s a beauty who was not so tall and has a cute girl vibe. No wonder many boys, inside and outside the club, were falling for her.

 

 

Actually Jongin was not a fanboy type. He never cared about girls and always focused on basketball even though he had many fangirls. He changed since Hyejin joined the club though. For the first time, Sena saw Jongin took the initiative to a girl. Sena had felt insecure for a while but she tried not to think about it. It just filled her head with assumption he was just like any other boy, just a fanboy. Despite that, her concerned was still there which even became more and more big. And finally, it happened. Now she realized that it was real. Someone had filled Kim Jongin’s heart and she’s not the one. Realizing that made her eyes water but Sena tried and tried to hold it back. She didn't even dare to approach the crowd.

 

 

However, Jongin looked at Sena who just standing there, waiting for her to congratulate him and she knew that. Maybe she wasn't that strong but she had to do it. For her friend. She inhaled, fixed her posture and came to them with a smile, her best smile she could do today.

 

 

“Finally, my friend got a girl.” Sena nudged Jongin’s arm. “Congrats!”

 

 

He smiled happily, receiving congratulations from his close friends really felt different. “Thanks, Sena-yah.”

 

 

Sena looked at Hyejin, still maintained curve at her lip. “You have to understand him because he doesn’t have enough experience with girls, but, I know... h-he really likes you.” She tried so hard that her voice didn't even quiver.

 

 

“Thank you, sunbae.” Hyejin smiled.

 

 

Kim Jongin patted Sena's shoulder. “You must find a boyfriend too.”

 

 

His words made Sena hurt, but she held in her painful expression so he wouldn't see it. At a moment like this, she must be happy. What kind of friend was sad when her best friend is happy?

 

 

Sena bit her lower lip to help compose herself, “Don’t worry, I’ll find one soon enough.”

 

 

-----

 

 

That day, Sena didn’t participate at the club activity until it ended. She got permission from coach to go home earlier because of cramps. In fact, she didn’t have any stomach cramps. She lied. Seeing Hyejin and Jongin made her jealous and a little bit furious. Moreover, today all the attention was on them. She hated it. She was at her limit and couldn't put an act for them any longer.

 

 

The way home felt so empty although there were a lot of people. When Sena walk alone like this, she couldn’t hold back the tears anymore. It’s embarrassing but she couldn’t help it. Some people stared at her because of her sobbing but she didn’t care at all. She just want to cry and shed all her tears.

 

 

“Hey, the crying girl over there!” someone called, making her turned her head. It was a woman. She wore a dark robe, waved her hands at Sena and told her to come over there.

 

 

She decided to ignore her, but the woman kept waving her hand and calling her. It seemed that she had no choice.

 

 

“You're calling me?” Sena asked while pointing at herself.

 

 

“Yes, there's no other crying girl besides you.”

 

 

Sena wiped her tears and pouted. “What do you want? I’m not in the mood right now.”

 

 

Although reluctantly, she still approached that woman. Because of her robe, Sena couldn’t see her face clearly but she knew that the woman was smiling. “Do you want a miracle to happen to you?” she said.

 

 

“Of course, I want it. I desperately want it right now.”

 

 

If miracles can change reality into dreams, or change the fact that he’s dating another girl, I really want it to happen.

 

 

“Take this.” She handed a purple ring made out of stone to Sena. “Think about your wish and it will give you a miracle.”

 

 

Sena stared at the ring and then looked at the woman which she still doubt about the woman's words. She nodded her head and made Sena close her hands over it. “Close your eyes and think about your wish now.”

 

 

Maybe it will give me a miracle for real.

 

 

Sena closed her eyes and started to think about her wish. Her wish was simple. She just want a miracle, that the person she likes will like her back, welcome her with his love like the love she has to him. It was that simple. If two hearts connected to each other and became one, it would be really wonderful. And she just wished that would happen to her.

 

 

A dazzling light made Sena open her eyes. She searched around but the dark robed woman was nowhere to be found, just the purple ring in her hand.

 

 

Did it really work? Will the miracle really happen?

 

 

Sena took out her smartphone and opened Facebook, with hope that Jongin's status has changed. She sighed with misery as it was still the same. He’s still in a relationship with Lee Hyejin.

 

 

Or maybe... it was a dream?

 

 

She pinched her cheek, but... it hurt. It’s not a dream.

 

 

Like that, nothing changed. The miracle didn't happened. She shook her head and chuckled sadly, “Stupid girl, there’s no way a miracle could happen to you.”

 

 


 

Author's note

Hi, Thanks for reading my fic ^^

english is not my first language so  pardon me for any mistakes

please comment :D constructive feedbacks are welcome~