004 (donghae)

I'm Incharge.

I didn't get any sleep last night. I was too excited about starting at my new school later. Their school has only been in for a month, so it's currently the beginning of October. I could easily catch up in a month's worth of school. It's something that came naturally to me, schoolwork that is.

I looked around the hotel room I was staying in. It was just for a night. The principal said he would get me situated in the home of a student after the first day of school was over. I walked over to one of my few suitcases and pulled out my best pair of skinny jeans and matched them with simple black shoes and a simple black t-shirt. Nothing special.

I looked down at my two suitcases glumly. Most people would have at least three or four suitcases for a trip like this. I had a tiny suitcase with all of my clothes. Then in the other suitcase were my 3 pairs of shoes, my favorite books and movies, my journal, and pictures of my best friends and family. It's time like this that I hate myself. I'm such a lonely, poor person. I wish I could do something to help my family. That's why I want this scholarship, that way I could get into a good college which will hopefully lead to a successful job. You know the drill.

I grabbed my backpack and walked out of my hotel room. I quickly hit the lift button, oh, I mean the elevator button and the doors opened almost immediately, quickly taking me down to the lobby of the hotel. I walked out of the gigantic doors and waited for the cab that was scheduled to pick me up and take me to and from school today. Once it came I slid inside. The minutes ticked by slowly due to my nervousness.

I tried thinking of anything else but what lay ahead of me, because the more I thought about it the slower time seemed to move. I thought about my plane ride here. I got only one measly hour of sleep because of the horrible girls sitting in front of me. I sat next to a couple of newlyweds on the flight, too. It made me slightly sick watching them make googly-eyes the entire flight, but it also filled me with a sense of longing. I'm sixteen years of age for Pete's sake. All I've done is kiss someone. Tongue wasn't even involved. I'm such a loser. It's happy couples like them that make me dark green with envy.

Besides having to deal with the googly-eyed doughnut heads I had to deal with three horrible girls that were around my age. They woke me up by obnoxiously poking my leg by squishing their arms in between the seats. Then with what they thought was a flirty voice the leader asked, "Excuse me, do you have a pen I can borrow?" I almost lost it right there. I'm normally not a confrontational person, but honestly, how stupid and rude can you get? I was asleep and you had to wake me up just to ask for a stupid writing utensil? I responded with a short, clipped, "No," and turned my head to look out the window.

Ten minutes later a piece of paper fluttered into my lap with a note that said 'Hey, My name's Kim Nana. Give me a call sometime? 548-709-1923.' They just woke me up to flirt? I wanted to tell them they would have no luck with me since I was gay, but I decided to just ignore them. "I need a pen my arse," I muttered to myself. The rest of the flight I was assaulted with notes like the first one, by the annoying, asinine girls sitting in front of me. The newlyweds were grumbling rude phrases such as, "Stupid teenage boys and stupid teenage girls. How desperate, can they get picking up people on airplanes?" They didn't even care if I could hear.

The second the flight landed I bolted up from my seat and ran to get my luggage. Before I left I stuffed all the notes into one of those stupid airplane magazines that are in the net in front of your seat. I laughed at the thought of some creepy e finding the notes and giving one of the girls a ring.

I was jolted back to the present when the cab driver lightly tapped my knee to tell me we we're here. I tried to hand her a few bills of my newly required Korean currency, but she shook her head and told me it was already paid for. I smiled politely and exited the cab with a quick, "thank you."

I walked up the huge steps while I admired the grounds. The school was huge, and has two levels. My school back home only had one. I thought of how much the student would hate my school, because we were no where near as spoiled as they were. Before I reached the top of the steps I was greeted by the principal, Mr. kim, who quickly ushered me into the school and down a series of corridors until we reached the back of the stage. There he told me to wait until I was signaled to come out and introduce myself with my name and age.
________________________________________________

I was standing behind stage for around an hour. The students were being briefed on the program and they were choosing which student would be going to spend time in my native country. I zoned out through the entire thing since I'd been briefed about it countless times before, until I felt a slight tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see a man dressed in a uniform saying, "He's gonna call you out there any second. Just thought I'd let you know, kid." With a quick wink, he walked back into the darker parts of the stage.

I heard my name being called and I took that as my cue to walk onto stage. I got slightly nervous knowing that 1,300 students eyes were on me, and only me, at this moment. I hate the attention, but I know I have to get used to it. The sudden hush that settled over the crowd the second I stepped out was quickly followed by roars of happiness. I guess they like me... They probably just want someone new to play with... I sighed a bit at that last thought. I hated being thought of as a toy.

As I reached Mr. kim he handed me the microphone and I did as I was instructed prior to walking on stage. " 'Hello everyone. My name is Lee Donghae. I am of sixteen years and I grew up in China. I'd just like to thank you all for giving me this amazing opportunity." I smiled. Everyone roared and clapped again. I handed the microphone back to the principal.

"Alright students, if you see Mr. Lee Donghae in the crowd please be sure to help him as it's his first day and he'll probably get lost." I laughed lightly knowing how true he was. It took me two weeks just to figure out my way around my old school, and this school was at least three times bigger. Navigating the school would be a challenge in itself. With one final clap, the kids slowly trickled out of the auditorium, leaving me with the principal.

"I'm sorry for having to leave so early but I have a meeting with the student that will be going to China. I'll have my daughter show you to your first period class since you both have it. Is that okay, son?"

"Of course, sir." I nodded. Never disrespect an adult, it's the first thing my mother taught me when I was younger.

He chuckled. "Please don't call me sir. Call me Mr. kim." He looked up. "Here comes my step-daughter now."

I turned to follow the direction he was looking in to be greeted by a girl who greatly resembled the girls from the flight here. I cringed internally. She was probably going to be all over me, just like them. Girls repulse me sometimes. Their acts of desperation, the insults they throw at each other over the stupidest things, constantly fighting for attention. That's why I roll the other way, and go for the guys. I mean... there are some nice girls out there, but just looking at the way she was dressed in a skin tight, low-cut t-shirt and unreasonably small short shorts I could tell she wouldn't be one of them.

"Hey," she said as she reached us. Mr. kim gave her a quick hug then exited the stage. "My name's IU," she said. "Obviously I know your name is Donghae," she added on with a smile, showing off her too-white teeth.

I nodded and she took my arm and pulled me off the stage. "We start the morning with English which is so totally amazing because it's the best class to start with since it doesn't require that much thinking," she droned. I have to agree with her, because I wasn't a morning person, but the way she said it hinted that any class that required work repulsed her, which would mean school in general. It's surprising how she's related to the principal of all people then.

"Anyway, I have the idea you and me will be the best of friends, even though I'm in the grade above you. I won't let any of the desperate people try to get to you okay, honey?" She tried to reason with me. I laughed. It's too late, some desperate loser already got to me. I'd never say that out loud though. This girl is going to be a problem, I can just feel it. She stopped at a doorway, so I assumed we were at the classroom.

She turned to me and with a quick smile opened the door and stepped in, tightening the grip she had on me. No one seemed to notice we entered the room so she obnoxiously cleared and turned to the teacher, Mrs.Cho. "Sorry, Mrs. Cho., but my Daddy told me to show Donghae here to class." All eyes turned to us. I felt even more nervous then when I did in the auditorium because we were now in a more secluded space.

"No problem. I just have to run out and make a few copies." With that the teacher left the class real quick, leaving us alone.

I looked everywhere but forward, not wanting to meet the eyes of the many students who were looking me up and down, deciding what to think of me. I cast a quick glance to my left and saw IU with a smirk and a look in her eyes that clearly said, "He's mine, so back off." I let out a soft groan and rolled my eyes, quickly untangling myself from her clutches, not trying to be subtle about it at all. I made my point clear because her face dropped quickly, and a chuckle went across the room.

She suddenly smiled again. "Come on, Donghae. Sit up front with me," she exclaimed, happy with her new plan. She caught me in her evil clutches once more and all but pulled me to the front of the room. As we were about to take out seats the boy sitting behind me lent forward and slapped my , the sound resonating through the class. I sat down quickly, trying to cover up the redness that was slowly creeping its way up my neck.

I looked behind me and gasped quietly. He was the most beautiful boy I had ever seen. Brown hair that framed his face, falling ever so slightly into his mesmerizing  eyes. I could tell he was muscled and tall, both huge turn-ons for me. His face was the face of an angel. What ruined it was the way he held himself, with the cockiness of a king. The evil glint in his eyes didn't bug me, I found it slightly attractive. He lent forward his lips a little, a small shiver making its way down my spine at that one action. "I saw that nice little of yours walk by and I couldn't control myself." he said with a chuckle. His laugh... music to my ears, even if it was only a chuckle. It made me want to hear his real laugh.

As I opened my mouth to respond IU slammed her hand down on his desk and snottily exclaimed, "Keep your hands off him Eunhyuk!" So the scary angel's name is Eunhyuk, I noted mentally. "He's mine!"

Whoa! Did she just say what I think she said? I snorted loudly. The entire class turned to me. I noticed Eunhyuk smile triumphantly before saying, "Wow, IU. I never knew you were so desperate that you have to publicly claim the new kids." An outraged squeal escaped IU's lips and I giggled softly. Eunhyuk turned to me, "Donghae, I believe that's your name, just ignore her. She thinks she's the , but she really isn't," he exclaimed cockily. I could tell he wanted to add on a but I am at the end of that sentence. It made me dislike him a bit. His first impression wasn't all that great.

IU grabbed my arm and spun me around to face her. "Just ignore him. He's a loser. Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight and I'd show you around. You know..." she trailed her fingers up my thigh, "my step-dad is the principal, I could easily get him to allow you to stay in my house with me."

I gently removed her hand, trying not to be too hurtful. "I'm sorry but I'm going to have to decline both offers. I'd like to discover the country on my own and I'd much rather board with another guy." I responded truthfully.

Her fake, want-to-be angelic smile was quickly replaced with a snarl, while I noticed the angel behind me smirk victoriously. "Why not?!" she hissed loudly, making everyone listen even more intently then they were before.

"I have no desire to stay with someone who acts like they own the school." I stated simply.

She laughed dryly, "Whatever. What's the real reason boy? Or are you just trying to be one of those Chinese gentlemen? If you are, you're not doing too hot a job."

Now she was making me mad. "Don't insult my country just because I happen to see through your stupid little facade." That shut her up. "I'm not a gentlemen, I'm ing sixteen years old. I don't have to be all proper and stuffy until I get a job after college. And if you must know why I don't want to board with you, besides the simple fact that you repulse me, is because I'm gay."

I shocked murmur rushed through the class and I just rolled my eyes. I have good enough gaydar to spot other gays in this school, so I knew I wouldn't have many problems. I wouldn't have come out so quickly if I didn't. I'd rather be known for who I really am, then have them think I'm straight. Before anyone else could say anything the teacher rushed in and started class.

__________________________________________________

I found myself sitting in the main office, waiting for Mr. kim to get out of his meeting with the person that I was supposed to be living with for the next year.

I found myself hoping it wasn't that Eunhyuk boy. I had him in literally all of my classes, and my first assumptions about him were proven correct. He's a cocky bastard, an amazingly y cocky bastard, but a cocky bastard, and I don't like to associate myself with people like him. No one had ever so blatantly reached out and slapped my before, and I didn't know how to react. It was awkward and degrading, but at the same time it was a tiny bit flattering to know he saw me good-looking enough to pursue. Or was he just straight and messing with me? Ugh... I hate people like that. Bloody hell, I'm stuck with an in all of my classes.

I spent most of my time trying to memorize where everything was, but I knew it would take a few days to truly find my way around. The teachers didn't bother with me today, because it turns out I was ahead of them with everything they were learning. No homework for a bit! Awesome! I grinned to myself. I have around two weeks of no homework before they catch up to the curriculum I was following back in China. That's pretty sick if you ask me.

I turned to the left as the door to the principals office slowly opened. He motioned me in and I slowly followed, not knowing that the person sitting behind that door would inevitably end up making this year the most interesting one of my life.