Chapter 2

Reverse the Field [EXO Baekhyun's Fanfiction]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's POV

"B-Baekhyun-ah! Ya! Byun Baekhyun!" Chanyeol tries to warn Baekhyun so that the teacher won't notice him not paying attention to the class. He's whispering loud enough until the person in front of him could hear him. The weird thing is that Baekhyun is less than two meters from him, but Baekhyun still doesn't notice.

"Baek- akh! I'm so sorry for you." Channel keeps his back straight when the teacher walks toward the third row, where him and Baekhyun are. "Byun Baekhyun." Mr. Jung calls him. He still doesn't move, with his hands propping his chin. Mr. Jung then prepares his famous stick. It has been said that he once hit a senior with that stick because he was always sleeping inside the class. And the description of how painful that stick was... well, you don't want to know.

"YA! BYUN BAEKHYUN!" Mr. Jung then slaps the stick to Baekhyun's table really hard. Finally, Baekhyun wakes up from his daydreaming session. "N-ne?"

Everyone in that class could literally see some smoke coming out of Mr. Jung's ears. "What do you think you're doing just now, Baekhyun-ssi?" Baekhyun gulps his saliva down. He was actually thinking about Han Na's text message. But, he won't certainly say that to Mr. Jung because it sounds really stupid for a real excuse.

"I... I uh...." He trails off. After a good one minute which feels like forever for Baekhyun, Mr. Jung hits his desk again with the stick and shouts at him. "Go outside and drag your chair with you! Come back when you know what you were doing!!"

-

"Ya, what were you doing in science, huh?! Thinking about girls?" Blurts Chanyeol at lunch. Three of them are sitting together in one table, just like yesterday. After Baekhyun hears what Chanyeol just said, he blushes slightly.

"I-I just... um.. I didn't have enough sleep yesterday, so..." He says. Kyungsoo squints his eyes at Baekhyun. "I know you're lying."

Baekhyun sighs. "Okay, okay. I lied. But, promise me that if I tell you the truth, it will be just in between three of us." Baekhyun then gives out his pinky finger to both of them. Channel snorts. "Ya, how old do you think we are. Of course we'll always keep our secrets. Now just tell us."

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. He then grabs his phone from his pocket, clicks some stuffs on the phone, and give the phone to the two stickybeaks in front of him. Of course, Chanyeol gets his phone first.

They silently read the text message shown on the phone screen. "Mwo-mwoji?!" the first word both of them could say. "That's what I thought at first." Says Baekhyun, sipping his drink. "Ya, you're super! I've been in this school for like, three years, and she has never asked me about that!" Chanyeol shouts. "Ya! shut your mouth!" Baekhyun blushes.

Here's the text message:

Han Na: Annyeong! It's Park Han Na, the girl that you met after school earlier. First of all, I want to apologize once more because I got mad for no reason at you. Oh, btw, about the tutor session thing, can we meet every Wednesdays starting from this week? If you have other things to do on Wednesdays, that's fine. We can discuss it and change the day. ^.^

Baekhyun: Annyeong. I'm fine with Wednesdays. Where are we going to do it?

Han Na: Umm, let's just go together after school to my house. If you're okay with it...

Baekhyun: Ne, I'm fine. See you tomorrow!

Han Na: Ok, jaljayo~ :)

"I have to admit it, but you are lucky, Baekhyun. Tons of boys like Han Na and I think it's the first time that she's actually approaching to a guy first. Congratulations." Says Kyungsoo, and then he shakes my hand. "Ugh, that's why I got punished by that nasty teacher. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing or not and I can't stop thinking about it. What if people hates me after they know about this? I'm still a new kid. What if Han Na is only using me?" Baekhyun then puts his face in his hands.

Chanyeol chuckles. "First of all, she is using you. She uses you for her to be so much better in Math. Second of all, don't think too much. This is a rare opportunity. Who knows if she could do something to promote you so that you could be more popular in this school or to get some positions in Students Council, if that's what you want."

Baekhyun shrugs. "Well, I hope things will go well."

-

The next day, after school...

"Baekhyun-ah!" The person tilts his head up. "Hello, peasants." Greets Baekhyun with a smirk. "You really meant that?" Asks Kyungsoo while cracking his knuckles. Baekhyun horrifiedly shakes his head. "A-ani."

"So, you ready for the Math tutor session?" Asks Chanyeol, moving his eyebrows up and down, making Baekhyun to roll his eyes. "I hope so. She'll come in any minute right now."

Just then, a girl's voice interrupt their conversation. "Annyeong! Um, I need to-"

"Get Baekhyun? Of course, our pleasure." Cuts Chanyeol while pushing Baekhyun towards Han Na. "Good luck Baekhyun. And no funny business allowed." Says both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, but Chanyeol whispers the last part. Now, Baekhyun's cheeks are deep red. "Ya, you two! Stop teasing me!" Shouts Baekhyun as his friends are running away.

"Umm, sorry. My friends, they like to, you know, joking around. ahaha." Laughs Baekhun awkwardly. Han Na chuckles. "That's fine. Anyway, do you want to go now?" She asks, pointing towards the school gate. Baekhyun nods. "Kaja."

They both are walking side by side towards the gate. "So, is your house far away from here?" Baekhyun asks, trying to make some conversation. "Not really. It's about ten minutes walking, or less." She says. Baekhyun just nods.

-

"Whoa!" is the only word Baekhyun could say when they arrive at Han Na's house, while making an o-shape with his mouth. The ladder just smiles, seeing Baekhyun's reaction. "Ani, it's nothing compared to the others' houses." Says Han Na shyly. With that, Baekhyun comes back to his common sense and close his mouth. He's now blushing like mad. Why am I so embarrassing and rude?! Thought Baekhyun.

Well, for me, I won't really blame Baekhyun because of that. Han Na's house is really beautiful. It's not as big as a castle, but there are lots of flowers, trees, and you could see some of the dogs running around the front yard. The walls are painted in wood colors, adding the nature feels to the surrounding. It's probably three floors inside, and there's a pretty big pool at the back. There are two guards in the front gate, and from the front, you could see that there are at least five maids doing some stuffs. It's a pretty busy house, but it is indeed beautiful.

After they go inside, one of the maids come towards them. "Good afternoon, Ms. Han Na. Do you want anything to eat or drink?" She asks politely. Han Na then asks me. "Do you want something to drink?"

"Uh, anything's fine for me." Baekhyun says while rising his shoulders. Han Na turns to the maid. "Please bring us some cookies and apple juice to my room later." She says to the maid, and then smiles at her. The maid nods her head, and walk away.

Although from the front, the house seems like it's being designed to be nature-like, Han Na's room is completely different. As soon as they both enter the room, they could see Han Na's queen-sized bed with a mint colored bed cover. The part of the wall behind the bed is in bright pink color, while for the rest of the walls are being coloured with mint and white. You could tell that this girl really loves mint color. On the wall, there is a cork board that is filled with photos, posters, and notes. Most of the photos are about Han Na and her friends. There are throw pillows everywhere, and there's a fluffy chair on the corner of the room.

"You can put your bag there, and I'll take a low table for us first." She says, pointing near a mint and white-colored drawer. Baekhyun puts his bag beside it, and then sits on the carpet-covered floor. "Your bedroom is really nice." Says Baekhyun, admiring the bedroom once again. "Thank you." Han Na smiles towards him while bringing a round, low table that looks heavy.

"Let me help you." Baekhyun then put the table down in the middle of the room. "So, shall we start?" Asks Han Na. Baekhyun nods.

-

It's been about thirty minutes, and Han Na still doesn't get how to solve a polynomial problem. "Ugh, why am I so stupid." Han Na grunts, moving her fingers in between her hair. Baekhyun then puts down his pen.

"Come on, every one has their own talents and fields. And I know many people who are more stupider than you in Math. They don't even know what is four times four, and they're in high school." He sighs. Han Na looks up to Baekhyun. "Baekhyun-ah, I'm sorry that I made you to teach me Math. I know it's really hard to do so."

This makes Baekhyun feels a little bit uncomfortable. "A-aniya. Stop thinking that you're stupid." Baekhyun doesn't know what to say as Han Na's eyes start to be filled with tears. "Ya, ya, don't cry. You're not stupid. Humans are not stupid because almost all of us know how to use spoons and forks. Besides, I'm also stupid in P.E. I don't even know how to kick a ball. So, you're still better than me in PE."

Han Na takes the last part too seriously. Suddenly, her eyes shine again. Baekhyun heaves a sigh of relief. But, he didn't expect what Han Na will say next. "I can teach you PE if you want to."

"N-ne?" Han Na nods. "Well, I got some awards in sports. And besides, you said that you don't know how to kick a ball. For the next unit, we'll have soccer, so I can teach you how to play soccer." Says Han Na in a happy tone.

"I.. um.." Baekhyun stutters. It's not that Baekhyun doesn't want to. But, spending more times with her means that there'll be a bigger chance people will gossip over them. And plus, sport is like nightmare for him. he has given up his marks in PE because he knew he can't do any types of PE, except dance. But other than that, it's a big no for him to learn sports.

Please log in to read the full chapter