Chapter 10

Reverse the Field [EXO Baekhyun's Fanfiction]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Han Na gulps down nervously. Victoria is standing beside her, bored of waiting for Baekhyun's text or call for Han Na. "Are you sure he'll come? Today is Saturday, right?" Asks Victoria, unsure. Han Na just nods because she herself is anxious. What if she did something weird or wrong in front of Baekhyun? That would be embarrassing. Victoria looks at her watch, and she sighs.

Baekhyun said that he'll come to Han Na's house to pick her up at nine thirty in the morning. They're going to ride the subway to go to Nongdaemun Lane. But now is nine-thirty five, and Baekhyun hasn't show his nose yet.

Since this morning and even last night, Victoria had been doing skincare stuffs to Han Na. Not only because it's her first unofficial date (yup, she never dated before), but it's because she's going with Baekhyun. Victoria did her makeup with the natural-but-sweet style, she chose Han Na's clothes, shoes and accessories, and also she did her hair and she told her what to do later in some situations, even though Han Na is not sure that the last one will be useful or not. Now, Han Na has transformed from her sporty, casual look to a new, sweet, and cute Han Na. "Be yourself, and nothing would go wrong," that's what Victoria said.

Now, Victoria is accompanying Han Na to wait for Baekhyun in front of the house gate. Just when Victoria is about to complain one more time, a voice interrupts them. "Sorry, I'm late!" They both look at the source of the voice. Baekhyun, with his casual but cute look, appears right in front of them. He looks a bit tired, probably after running all the way from his house to here. Han Na blushes when she sees Baekhyun without uniform for the first time. He's so handsome, she thought.

"Hey, Han Na. Hey, Victoria." He greets both of them. Han Na, who is mesmerised by his look for a second, quickly snaps back to reality and replies him. "So, are you two ready for your date?" Asks Victoria, wiggling her eyebrows while saying the last word. Both Baekhyun and Han Na's faces turn into a bright shade of red. "It's not a date!" They both say at the same time. Now, they blush even more while Victoria just chuckles, holding her squeal after seeing the cute reaction from the couple in front of her.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Anyway, I'm going to leave you guys and I'm going to go home. Enjoy your time~" She ends her goodbye with a smirk, before she waves towards Han Na and returns to Han Na's house, ready to pack up her stuffs and go home.

Han Na and Baekhyun stand there for a moment before Baekhyun breaks the silence. "Ready to go?" Han Na shifts her attention to him and nods with a smile. "Yup."

They then start to walk to the nearest subway station from Han Na's house. "So," Han Na starts a conversation. "What is your mom's hobby or favorite things?" She asks. Baekhyun thinks for a while. "Hmm... she liked to go hiking when she was in high school, so maybe she likes nature. She also likes classical musics and slow songs." He begins. Han Na bobs her head repeatedly.

"Favorite color?" She asks while they enter the station. "Blue, white and pink." He answers. When they enter the subway station, it's packed by people. Probably because it's Saturday, many people are going out. Han Na is a bit afraid that she'll lose Baekhyun, and the same goes to Baekhyun. Han Na unconsciously grabs Baekhyun's shirt from behind, so the latter is startled at first.

"Uh... sorry... I'm afraid if there are too many people around..." Han Na mumbles to Baekhyun's ears. So, she has a phobia? He thought. Without any fuss, he quickly grabs Han Na's wrist and tries to break through the sea of people. Han Na, who realised the skin contact between her and Baekhyun, blushes really mad, so she bows down her head so that no one can see her face.

They then arrive safely in front of the subway door, waiting for the next train to arrive. Baekhyun heaves a sigh of relief. Han Na is right behind him. He then realised that he's still holding her wrist, so he quickly turns his body and apologizes. "I-I'm sorry, it's just because that you said you were afraid if there were too many people and I'm afraid that I'll get lost alone, so..." He stutters. He could feel that his cheeks are getting hot.

Han Na, who now has raised her head, just shakes her head. "It's fine, thank you for that. I'll probably get lost and wander by myself if you didn't--" Before she could finish that, people start to push them towards the train. "Argh!" Han Na screams a little because she has to walk backward and she almost falls down because of the force from the people.

Luckily, Baekhyun takes a quick action and pushes Han Na towards the other side of the train and blocks the people from bumping onto her by shielding her in front. He puts his arms around her and places his hands on the train's wall, just as if he's cornering her.

"Tch... those people..." He mutters under his breath. Some people still bump to his back, but Han Na is safe inside his hand 'barrier'. Han Na, on the other side, can't stop her heart from beating faster than usual. The small gap in between her and Baekhyun gives that kind of effect, and she feels butterflies in her stomach. Baekhyun is a bit taller than her, so it feels like he's towering her and she doesn't dare to look up and make eye-contacts.

Baekhyun then shifts his attention to Han Na. The girl is looking down to her feet and doesn't move. He's wondering for a sec why she's like that, before he realised their kind-of awkward position. Even though his cheeks are flushed with a nice shade of red, he tries to shrug it off and acts cool and protective, just like what Chanyeol told him last night.

[flashback for Baekhyun]

Baekhyun couldn't sleep because he was panicked about tomorrow. He was afraid if he went out with Han Na, there might be something he would do or he let out his bad habits and Han Na wouldn't like him, or furthermore, hate him.

It was almost midnight, and because he couldn't sleep, he decided to call his best friends.

When he dialled Kyungsoo's number, the latter didn't pick up. He's probably asleep, Baekhyun thought. He then called Chanyeol.

"What is it?" Chanyeol picked up at last. Baekhyun's face lit up. "Chanyeol-ah!" "Hm, what is it?" He asked. Baekhyun fiddled with his fingers. "You know about my plan tomorrow, right?" Baekhyun said in a low voice. Chanyeol nodded from the other line and said yes.

"Well..." Baekhyun paused for a while. "You're nervous?" Chanyeol guessed correctly. "How do you know?" Baekhyun's eyes widen. Chanyeol snorted. "Of course. Because tomorrow is your date!" He stated. "What?!"

"Okay, okay." Chanyeol sighed. "It's not an official one, so don't worry too much, arasseo?" Baekhyun started to walk back and forth. "But I'm still worried. What if my impression is bad in front of her? What should I do?" He babbled. Chanyeol chuckled. He felt it was funny when he was trapped in between, especially when he knew Baekhyun's and Han Na's feelings. But he decided to keep his mouth shut and let the couple to discover it by themselves.

"Like I said, don't worry. You've known her for pretty much a long time now, so just be yourself and you won't disappoint her." Chanyeol said in an encouraging tone. Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Be yourself my . I know I don't have to pretend, but your dearest best friend here is having a crisis time. Don't you have any advice or tips for tomorrow?"

Chanyeol hummed, thinking for a while. "Well, first of all, you're going to ride the subway right? Girls like it if guys protect them, so you better try to hold her hands or wrists firmly so that she won't get lost inside the train and the station. Tomorrow is Saturday, so it'll be packed by people. And also, always stay by her side to 'guard' her, but at the same time, guide her when you're walking." Baekhyun took a mental note of that. "And then?"

Chanyeol smirked. "If she said that she liked an object or some random stuffs sold in a store,

Please log in to read the full chapter