Chapter 6

Reverse the Field [EXO Baekhyun's Fanfiction]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Aish, it's not like that!!" Han Na exclaims with a frown. Han Na and Baekhyun are now practicing baseball. Since earlier, Baekhyun still can't hit the ball. Han Na becomes so frustrated and she starts to lose her patience.

"L-like this..?" Baekhyun asks in fear. Han Na is not normally like this. She's usually really patient as both of them are teaching each other about the others' weak subjects, so they should understand each other well.

Well, they should. Since they started the lesson, Han Na has been telling Baekhyun his weaknesses in a too honest way (so she sound a bit mean), and even if Baekhyun did overcome those weaknesses, Han Na didn't praise him like usual.

Han Na sighs. She looks at her watch. "We've been practicing for almost 15 minutes. Let's take a break." She commands coldly. Baekhyun just nods, not wanting to worsen the situation.

When Baekhyun turns his back, he could hear Han Na grunts. It's weird. Han Na keeps holding her waist and stomach every now and then, just as if she's checking something in those spots. She also looks more tired than usual.

Then it hits him. He remembers how his mom always complaining at home. He turns towards Han Na. "Umm... Han Na?" "Hm..?" He awkwardly scratches his nape when he faces her. "A-are you... In that... Phase of t-the month?"

Han Na's face turns red. She can't help but to stutter. "H-how.. Could you kno--" "I-it's okay!! I mean, I'm sorry if.... It's rude..." Baekhyun cuts Han Na's words. "No, i-it's fine actually...."

There's an awkward silence after that. Both of them are blushing. How could you be too honest, Byun Baek?! Stupid! Baekhyun curses himself. 

"A-anyway.." Han Na breaks the silence. "I'm sorry if I get too rude to you or become more sensitive. I'm usually like that when I'm in.. You know... That phase. I'm gonna try to be nicer and be more cheerful like usual.... Let's continue our practice!" Although she talks while looking at her feet, Baekhyun could tell that she's smiling.

A smile grows in Baekhyun's face. Han Na is too nice to be a normal person like him. "I understand. Let's continue!"
-
-
After they've practiced for almost one hour, they take a break again. Han Na walks lazily towards the bleachers and still holding her stomach, and once in a while, her waist. The period cramp hits her again, even worse than she would usually have. Probably because she has been moving more than usual.

Baekhyun curses when he realized he has running out of water in his water bottle. He then comes towards Han Na and taps her shoulder. "I'm gonna go to the canteen to buy some drinks, do you need anything?" He asks worriedly, after reading her face expression showing how much of a painfulness she's in.

She smiles and tries to conceal the pain. "I'm fine." Baekhyun just nods and walks away.

Baekhyun walks towards the vending machine. After putting some coins in, he chooses the orange juice. He grabs the bottle from the slot, but before he turns around, he glances at the machine that is full of different kinds of juices. Should he...?
-
-
After a couple minutes, Baekhyun comes back to the field. When Han Na could hear his footsteps, she looks up from her position, the same position as before. "Oh, you're back?" She asks with a small grin, again, trying to cover up what she has been feeling. She receives a hum from Baekhyun.

When he walks pass Han Na, he drops something. Actually, purposefully drops it. Han Na grabs the fallen item from the ground. It can't be..?

"Baekhyun, is this yours?" She asks, showing the bottle of the apple juice which fell. When Baekhyun looks at the item, a small blush creeps in. "That's... For you." Han Na could feel her cheeks grow hotter, but she also raises one of her eyebrows.

As if he could read her face, Baekhyun continues. "I-I don't know if that could help to ease the pain, b-but I heard that girls like sweet things, so I hope apple juice could at least make you forget about the pain.." He mumbles at the end while fiddling with his fingers.

A smile grows on Han Na's face, the same time as the blush grows wider on her cheeks. "Thank you..." She then opens the bottle and starts sip the sweet apple juice. 

Inwardly, she thought, yeah, girls like sweet things, and you're really sweet, so I like you...
-
-
Two weeks later...

The semester exam has come to an end. Now, all the students only have to wait for the result to come out, which will come in this one week. 

For one week, they practically won't do anything inside the class. Except for those who have mean teachers, they probably have to write some reflections and do boring stuffs.

Although they aren't studying anymore, but Han Na still insists so that Baekhyun and her will meet once at that week, with the reason that she feels weird if he doesn't come to her house as her house would be too quiet. 

"Our lessons are the same as what we receive in school. We've been having class parties and watch movies in class, so we should do that too!" That's what Han Na told him. Looking at Han Na's eagerness, Baekhyun couldn't say no to her.

Behind the real reason, she actually wants to spend time with Baekhyun. She feels really comfortable around him, and she has actually admitted to herself that she likes him, of course with the help of her best friend.

[flashback for Han Na]

Han Na was sitting on her bed at night. After the incident at the sport lesson, something seemed to grow inside her. A new feeling, exactly.

She wasn't sure what she actually felt. At first, she thought it was just a side effect of her period, but she had a feeling that it was more than that, especially when that new feeling has been growing little by little since the first time she met Baekhyun.

Please log in to read the full chapter