Chapter 4

Reverse the Field [EXO Baekhyun's Fanfiction]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Thursday, the day before the monthly concert...

It is almost a month Baekhyun has moved to the school. He now has met many people in the school. Fortunately, most of them are nice to him. They teach him things and unwritten rules in the school. In that one month, he has grown a lot closer to Han Na, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Especially with Han Na, they both surprisingly understand each other well, just as if they've been friends for years. Although Han Na has her own 'friendship group', but she's unconsciously always staying with Baekhyun. Not that one of them is bothered about that fact, though. But, because of that, there are many gossips flying around about two of them dating. However, there aren't good proofs to officially say that they're dating.

Right now, Baekhyun is sitting on his bed, with Han Na in front of him sitting on a chair with a guitar on her lap. He's nervous about tomorrow's concert. Everyone in the school will watch it, and everyone means that almost five hundred kids and teachers will watch his and Han Na's performance.

"Wae?" Asks Han Na suddenly. Baekhyun shifts his attention to her. "Huh? What?" "Are you okay? You're sweating like crazy and you're trembling. Are you sick?" She then touches Baekhyun's forehead with the back of her hand, making Baekhyun's heart to race faster. Lately, Baekhyun keeps thinking that maybe Han Na feels much more comfortable with him than before, as Han Na likes to do skinship with him, such as hugging and even sometimes, she likes to check his palms and then playfully predicts his 'future'. Han Na always does that to other guys she's close with, so he has no problem with it. The only problem is that his heart would start to go crazy and his cheeks would turn a tiny bit redder than before, making it somehow obvious that he has those feelings towards Han Na. But Han Na doesn't seem to notice about that.

"I'm really nervous about tomorrow." Baekhyun mumbles. Han Na chuckles. "Hey, it's fine. There will be a lot of people watching, but don't worry. Your singing skill is so much better than them, so they won't laugh at you or anything." She reassures him, receiving a nod from Baekhyun. She then gives her full attention towards the guitar, and starts to play the intro of Goodbye Summer. Out of nowhere, she suddenly says, "oh, and you have improved a lot in soccer since our first 'meeting.'" She makes the apostrophe marks with her hands.

"Really?" He replies. Han Na nods. "Well, in our first meet, you hit that tenth grader with the ball. Last Tuesday, you could dribble the ball successfully from the middle of the field to the goalpost. So, I consider that as an improvement." She then smiles. Baekhyun just bobs his head when he listened to her words. "I think you also improve a lot too from our first meeting. You got an 80% in the last quiz, right? That's great." Baekhyun approves.

"Really? Thanks." Says Han Na. Her heart skips a beat when she heard Baekhyun's praise. Unknowingly, she starts to grow feelings towards Baekhyun, only she hasn't accepted it by herself. Whenever she sees Baekhyun's smile or hears Baekhyun's voice when he sings, She feels like her heart would pop out of her chest and she could feel butterflies in her stomach. But, she always denies that she likes Baekhyun because she thought, it happens because Baekhyun is a quite guy and he rarely smiles, so him smiling in front of her means that he's comfortable with her.

"Do you want to practice one more time?" Asks Baekhyun, receiving a nod from Han Na. They then sing one more time, with Han Na playing the guitar.

After they're done with the singing, they drink some water. "Ready for tomorrow?" Asks Han Na. Baekhyun smiles. "I'm ready."

-

-

Turns out, the crowds are much bigger than what Baekhyun thought. He then starts to have some panic attacks. He nervously walks back and forth near the stage, until Chanyeol grabs his shoulders. "Stop moving cause you make me feel giddy." He says. "I can't help it." Baekhyun replies with a frown.

Just after that, Han Na comes towards them. "You ready?" She asks to Baekhyun. Baekhyun just nods, trying to cover up his nervousness. "Right after this, is Park Han Na and Byun Baekhyun from eleventh grade!" The MC, which is a student council member, booms. Han Na grabs his guitar, and then Chanyeol and Kyungsoo say their good lucks for the duo.

When they stand right on the stage, the crowds turn quiet. Han Na starts to play the guitar.

Chinguraneun ireum eoneusae miwojin ireum

Gamchudeon gamjeongeun jigeumdo apeun bimirui gieogil ppun

Uri sain jeongnihal su eomneun sajin bomyeon gaseum arin story,

I'm sorry yeoreuma ijen goodbye yay-yeah

Baekhyun's sweet voice and Han Na's light voice could be heard on the whole field. They both are too busy enjoying their performance, not noticing that everyone is starting to spread gossip among the audience. 

Right after they finish their performance, the crowds give standing ovation. Because they're too happy, Han Na just hugs him immediately, just like what she usually does. But Baekhyun is taken aback, as she never hugged him before in public. He starts to feel that his ears go hot and he's probably blushing now.

"KISS! KISS! KISS!" The crowds start to cheer. But Han Na being Han Na, she just shrugs it off and goes to the backstage while pulling Baekhyun's wrist.

"Woah! You guys are amazing!" Chanyeol and Kyungsoo compliment them as soon as they all meet. Baekhyun scratches his nape. "Thanks."

"And I think that was smooth, Byun Baek." Whispers Chanyeol, trying to . Baekhyun immediately pushes Chanyeol's face after he hears his words. He's now blushing even more.

Suddenly, there are tenth graders coming towards them with cameras. Without anyone's permission, they start to take pictures of Baekhyun and Han Na. 

Please log in to read the full chapter