Chapter 11

Reverse the Field [EXO Baekhyun's Fanfiction]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"How about this store?" Han Na asks. She points at an accessories store. Baekhyun just nods. 

"Oso oseyo (Welcome)!" Greets the employees. Han Na and Baekhyun smile and bob their heads as a reply. They immediately start to search for their main goal; a gift for Baekhyun's mom. 

Han Na looks to the left, while Baekhyun looks to the right. When she's walking at the bracelet's section, she sees something that perhaps, his mom would like. She immediately call the boy over to see and give his opinion.

"How about this?" She asks, pointing at the bracelet in front of her. It's a bracelet with silver chain. It has a love pendant in the middle and another four small musical notes charms around it. In between the charms and pendant, there would be a tosca-green pearl to divide in between two of the pendant or charms. The price isn't that expensive but it doesn't look cheap, so it's a perfect gift.

"What do you think? Your mom loves nature, so she probably likes green. She likes classical songs and a love means that you love her." She convinces him. Baekhyun thinks for a while again. Finally, he says, "Yeah, I think we should buy this." Han Na nods in agreement with a smile. "But I don't think this is enough." Baekhyun adds in a worried tone. Now it's Han Na's turn to think for a while. "I think you should buy a cake or flowers. Women like that kind of surprise." Han Na advices. Baekhyun's face lights up and nods vigorously. "That's a great idea! Thank you so much!"

They then start to walk over to the cashier. There's not so many people inside, so no one is practically in the queue to the cashier. When they're walking, Han Na comes to a halt and shifts her gaze to an object on the display section. She doesn't move for a while, so Baekhyun approaches her.

"Wae?" Baekhyun asks in a worried tone. Han Na turns to him, and smiles. "Nothing. It's just that the necklace looks really cute. I like it." She then moves her gaze to the necklace again. Baekhyun also does the same because he's curious.

It's a Yin-Yang necklace, but instead of using black, they replaced it with flower patterns, making it looks vintage-ish and cute. The chain is in the color of gold, making it to look expensive. You could tell that all girls would like it, even for the sporty one like Han Na. Baekhyun recalls what Chanyeol had told him last night. Should I buy that for her? He thought. But before he could open his mouth, Han Na yawns and then stretches her arms.

"Anyway, I'm hungry. Is it okay if you pay by yourself? I'm going to walk around to find some place to eat first, and then I'll go back here. Okay?" Baekhyun doesn't have a chance to give a reply, but Han Na quickly walks off. She must've been really hungry. He then looks at his watch. It's almost 12 o'clock.

He stands there for a while and still has his gaze on the necklace. Little does he know that the cashier woman approaches him. "Hello. Do you like the necklace?" She asks with a smile. Baekhyun jumps in surprise, and then scratches his nape. "Well... um... I think so..." He mumbles. The employee notices his hesitation, but she has to convince him to buy one. It's her job anyway.

"I think your girlfriend would like it, the one that just walked out. You should definitely buy one for her. All girls like couple things." Baekhyun just stays silence as the employee removes the necklace from the display stand. Turns out, it's a couple necklace. Baekhyun didn't even notice it earlier. "You could separate the Yin and the Yang, but you can also clip it together when you two meet. Isn't it romantic?" The employee says while demonstrating how do you separate and clip them together.

"I.. I don't have any girlfriend, but.." Baekhyun mutters, and then looks at the door. He stands there for a sec, while the employee waits for his decision. "I'm going to take it. Please wrap the necklaces for me too."

-

After looking around, Han Na goes back to the accessories store. She could see Baekhyun right now paying for his things. She then sees the cashier woman putting a small-sized box inside his plastic bag, together with another small, transparent box. From the transparent box, she could see the bracelet he's going to give to his mom. But what's in the other box?

She raises her left eyebrow, but quickly shrugs it off. It's probably for his mom, too, she thought. They didn't actually go around the store for a long time, so Baekhyun probably found another bracelet or necklace for his mom and he's going to give that to her, too. Yeah, it's not for his girlfriend, Han Na, she says to herself while smiling sadly. She doesn't know what she would do if in the future, Baekhyun got a girlfriend and totally forgot about her. She won't just loses his crush, she also loses her best friend.

Her thoughts gets snapped back when Baekhyun calls her name. "Han Na, what are you doing? Let's go!" Baekhyun then pulls her hand. She blushes again with the sudden skin contact, but she pretends like she doesn't notice it. "Where are we going anyway?" She asks.

Baekhyun suddenly stops. He then rubs his nape sheepishly. "Right, I forgot. You have decided where do you want to eat, right?" He replies. Han Na just nods. "I think that place looks good and it isn't too expensive. Let's go there!" It's now her turn to pull his hand to a Japanese restaurant which is filled in with kids their age.

After they take a seat, they start to order their food. Han Na orders a California Roll sushi, while Baekhyun chooses Oyakodon. They then wait for their orders to come while having a random conversation. 

"So, what's your plan in surprising your mom?" Asks Han

Please log in to read the full chapter