Chapter 13

Reverse the Field [EXO Baekhyun's Fanfiction]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Han Na yawns while she's walking to the school. to get rid of her sleepiness, she decides to check her phone. She hasn't checked it yet since last night.

"Hmm?" She frowns after she reads Baekhyun's text message. "Is he... going to confess?" She whispers to herself. Her mind starts to fantasize every single types of confessions she could imagine. 

-[Han Na's fantasy]-

Baekhyun: *takes out a rose, kneels down to one knee* Princess Han Na, will you be my girlfriend? *brushes off his bangs coolly*
Han Na: Of course I will! *hugs Baekhyun*
Baekhyun: Thank you, my princess. *leans in*

-[Han Na's fantasy ends]-

"And then we will... kyaaa!!" She squeals before some students give her weird looks. She quickly snaps out to reality and bows slightly as a form of apologize. She quickly cups her own cheeks, feeling their temperature to rise. "Aish.. Park Han Na, that will never happen, okay?" She says, slapping her own cheeks before she walks off to her locker.

-

At the break...

Han Na walks out of class to find Chen leaning against the wall beside the door. Feeling her presence, Chen quickly stands out and gives his sweet smile at her. "Hey, Chen." Han Na greets him cheerfully as usual.

Chen remembered something this morning. He only has two days before the bet ends and he wants to end this quickly and get the Lamborghini, that's why he decided that he'll ask Han Na to be his girlfriend after school and see the result.

"What's up?" Han Na asks, putting a chocolate cookie to . Chen fiddles with his fingers. Even though he doesn't like her, but still, this could be a big moment for Han Na. For a moment he feels sorry for including her to his game.

"Nothing interesting, really. Anyway, do you have time after school? I need to talk to you." Chen says quickly. To his utter surprise, Han Na's reaction isn't the one he expected. 

Han Na laughs until she almost chokes on her cookie. "Whoa, slow down! what happened?" Chen raises his voice because he's worried. After she's settled down, she almost chuckles again before she looks at Chen's face and gets back to normal.

"It's just that both you and Baekhyun want to talk to me. I feel like I'm some kind of a famous person or something." She says with a shaky voice, almost breaks into a laugh again.

For a second, Chen's expression changes. Baekhyun wants to "talk" to her too? What if Baekhyun said that before him? Well, he doesn't care if Baekhyun liked her, but he needs to win this dare, that's all. He quickly changes his expression again and starts to show his usual smile. He quickly snatches a small plan in his head to make sure that he would say the words first.

"Yeah, whatever, you're famous~" Chen replies with a sing-song voice. Han Na playfully nudges his arm. "Anyway, I have to go now. See you later!" Han Na bids her goodbye and goes to one of the classrooms.

This is going to be... interesting.

-

-

After school...

Baekhyun packs up his books and peeks at his backpack. The box which contained necklaces is still there. Baekhyun smiles. "Byun Baekhyun, fighting!" He whispers to himself. He quickly heads to the bicycle parking lots.

Meanwhile, Chen on the other side, is waiting in front of Mr. Goo's classroom. Because of all this dare thing, he unconsciously memorizes Han Na's schedule as a reference. By this time, Baekhyun is probably waiting for Han Na. "Mianhae, Baekhyun-ah." He whispers. He promises that he won't interfere them again. Just for this dare. He doesn't want his friends to tear off his wallet if he failed.

"Hey!" Han Na taps Chen's shoulder, making the latter to get startled. "What are you doing here?" Han Na asks. Chen clears his throat before he replies. "I want to talk to you, remember?" Han Na suddenly frowns. "But about Baek-" "Just follow me first!" Chen cuts her off. He swiftly pulls her arm and brings her to an empty corner at the end of the corridor.

Chen sighs when they both reach the corner. "So, Park Han Na." The said person, who realizes the change of the atmosphere, knits her eyebrows together. "Chen, is that something wrong?" Hearing that, Chen smiles. "Nothing."

He takes a deep breath before he says the final words. "Park Han Na, do you want to be my girlfriend?" 

-

"Tsk, where is she?" Baekhyun looks at his watch every a couple of seconds. He has been waiting for almost thirty minutes but Han Na is nowhere in sight. He sighs. "Does she not want to meet me?" He smiles bitterly. 

Just when he's about to go home, two people walk towards his direction. It's the last thing he actually wants to see. His breath hitches. 

It's Han Na with Chen, looking much closer than usual. They seem to enjoy their conversation, smiles painted to their faces. Chen pats her hair, earning a pout from Han Na, but then she smiles.

Baekhyun doesn't even know where he is right now. It feels like he's standing inside his worst nightmare, but he can't wake up. He doesn't want to face both of them right now, especially when his tears almost fall. Boys can't cry, boys won't cry, he repeats that in his mind after unlocking his bicycle lock.

Without looking back, he rides his bicycle faster. even though he could hear Han Na's voice calling him, he doesn't care. 

Because.... Baekhyun isn't in the first place anymore. Chen wins.

-

-

-

Please log in to read the full chapter