Chapter 8

Reverse the Field [EXO Baekhyun's Fanfiction]
Please log in to read the full chapter

After Summer Break.... (P.S. I searched on the internet and discovered that in South Korea, the first semester runs from March till mid-July, meaning that after the first semester exam is the summer break)

Everyone seems to be back to school with fresh minds and ready to study for the upcoming semester. Baekhyun sits on his usual seat in his homeroom class. After a couple minutes, Chanyeol comes in with Kyungsoo, talking happily with each other, making Baekhyun to scoff. "Geez, they said that they ship me and Han Na but they're the better couple themselves...."

When Kyungsoo and Chanyeol are seated on their places, Chanyeol starts a fresh conversation in between the three of them. "Where did you guys go on vacation?" He asks. "I went to Bali, my family likes to do diving and snorkeling, you?" Kyungsoo's turn to ask Baekhyun. "I only went to Jeju Island because my dad was busy, so I could only go with my mom and brother, and we couldn't go too far away." Baekhyun sighs. "Hey, it's still a holiday as long as you're happy and away from school." Affirms Kyungsoo to Baekhyun, receiving a smile and a thank you as a reply. 

"I went to Europe. Specifically, Germany." Boasts Chanyeol proudly, making Kyungsoo and Baekhyun to raise their eyebrows. "So, you know how to speak German?" Asks Kyungsoo, trying to challenge and humiliate Chanyeol at the same time because he knows that the taller guy won't even put an eye on studying in summer. "A-ah... Guten Morgen... um.." Chanyeol starts to stutter with a Korean accent while saying the German words, making Baekhyun to laugh at him. "Ya, just shut your mouth if you can't say anything!" Baekhun sneers. "Whatever!" Chanyeol pretends to be mad and folds his arms on his chest.

They joke around more until their teacher comes in. Everyone becomes quiet. "Good morning, students. I hope all of you feels refreshed after the Summer Break." She pauses for a while before continues, "as some of you have noticed, although we're just back from summer, doesn't mean that you can relax as long as you want, because the mid-semester exam is coming. Although it's still in late October, but I want all of you to be prepared fully and take your time in studying, so you guys better study from now."

After the teacher ends her short lecture, she dismisses all of her students and they then move on to their first class.

-

-

At lunch....

As usual, the trio sits together at the cafeteria. But not as usual, Park Han Na joins them today. She kind of misses playing with Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun and wants to catch up with them. During summer, she had been video-calling Victoria almost everyday when she went overseas, but she didn't put in contact with any of the three boys.

"So, do we have to continue our lesson from this week?" Asks Baekhyun when they're talking. Han Na nods. "I think so. You heard what our teacher said this morning, right?" Baekhyun bobs his head.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol roll their eyes quietly. This couple is sometimes only talking about their own world. Suddenly, Chanyeol has an idea to tease both of them. "Hey, is it okay if I join your study session?" He asks Han Na and Baekhyun while wriggling his eyebrows.

"A-aah, but--" Han Na manages to stutter, but Chanyeol cuts her off. "Why? I think I need Baekhyun to teach me some Math." He gives his aegyo a little. Kyungsoo is about to nudge the person beside him, but seeing what Chanyeol is actually doing from his eyes, he stops himself and smirks instead. He secretly also wants to know what the result of Chanyeol's tease is.

"Y-You can ask Kyungsoo too, right?" Baekhyun tries to find an excuse. Chanyeol looks at Kyungsoo, trying to plead with his eyes that Kyungsoo will be on his side and say something else. And Kyungsoo seems to play along with Chanyeol, thank God. "Well, I'm too busy after school. I prefer studying alone and concentrate without this guy." Kyungsoo utters with his usual flat voice, while inside, he's actually dying from laughter because of Han Na's and Baekhyun's reaction after he said that.

Chanyeol pouts, pretending that he's upset with that, but actually he has been thanking Kyungsoo inside his heart because Kyungsoo is following him. He then shifts his attention towards the two people in front of him. "Well, I have no option. So I'm going to study with you guys today, see you!" Before Han Na and Baekhyun could say no, he quickly leaves the place. Not long after, Kyungsoo also leaves. 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo secretly meets at the tray-return section. They both giggle with each other and do a high-five. Baekhyun, who is not aware of what the duo have been doing to him and Han Na, just sighs. He then invites Han Na to also leave the place with him, which receives a nod from the latter.

Not far from their table, four other guys have been watching their table since the lunch started without their knowing. "So, how is it? Are you on to the dare?" Asks Kris to Chen, who sits in front of him. Chen looks back again towards Baekhyun's table. He hesitates for a while, but he asks Kris again. "What's the prize again?" "If you can make Han Na fall in love with you and make that nerd jealous in one week, you can have my Lamborghini for ten days." Says Tao with a smirk. Chen hesitates again for a while, before he says, "call." Lay claps in excitement. He then reminds Chen about the punishment. "But if you failed, you have to treat us to Coffee Cafe." Chen's eyes grow wide after hearing that.

"Ya! Don't be so mean! The food and drinks in that cafe are way too expensive." He shudders at the thought that he has to pay $15 dollars or more for each person. The three of them smirk. "That's why you call it a dare."

"But can you please extend the time? I mean, one week is too short for me." Chen pleads. For him, making Baekhyun jealous seems to be easy enough, but making Han Na falling in love with him is definitely not. She's not an easy girl after all. Kris thinks for a while, before he says, "ten days. We're giving you ten days, okay?" Chen nods weakly. Now that the dare has started, he can't waste any time.

-

-

After school...

"Aish, where's that giant?" Baekhyun mumbles angrily while looking at his phone. Him and Han Na

Please log in to read the full chapter