Chapter 3

Reverse the Field [EXO Baekhyun's Fanfiction]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wednesday, Han Na's house...

Both Baekhyun and Han Na are now taking some rests from the Math lesson. "Aaah~ We'll have a mini-quiz next week, right?" Asks Han Na, putting her head on the table. Baekhyun who was doodling nods his head. "Yup."

Han Na drowns her head more on the table. "I'm probably gonna have lower grades than you." Baekhyun always feels a bit uncomfortable every time Han Na degrades herself in front of him. So, he's trying to change the topic.

"By the way, for the performance, what are we going to sing?" Han Na shifts her attention to Baekhyun. "I don't know..." Han Na mumbles. Good duet song... good duet song...

"OH!" Baekhyun screeches. "What? What?" Asks Han Na impatiently. Baekhyun smirks. "How about Goodbye Summer?"

Han Na shows her big grin. "Yeah, good idea! Let's go with that song!" She then starts to search on the internet the song's keys for guitars. She studies them. "Hmm... not that hard..." She mumbles.

"So, how is it? Do you think it'll be hard for you? We can change the song if you want to." Says Baekhyun, who is waiting for Han Na to search up the keys. "I think it won't be that hard for me. Let's start practicing tomorrow!" She cheers.

and with that, the Math lesson comes to an end.

-

Thursday, at lunch...

"So, how is it between you and Han Na?" Asks Chanyeol suddenly, making Baekhyun chokes on his drink. He then grabs a tissue paper. "Well..." There's a short silence. Baekhyun purposely does that to make them more curious. "Well what?"

Baekhyun grins. "I'm going to perform with Han Na on the end-of-the-month concert." He blurts out. Channel and Kyungsoo then show their playful smirks. "Oooo look who just hit the jackpot." Baekhyun just smirks.

"Congrats then! Your journey is smooth until now. By the way, what song are you going to sing with her?" Asks Chanyeol. Baekhyun replies, "Goodbye Summer. She's going to be the one who plays the guitar, so my job is only to sing."

"But, I want to warn you to be careful." Kyungsoo loudly whispers to both of his friends. "Eh?"

"You guys know Kai, right?" Asks Kyungsoo. Both of them nod. Kyungsoo then sighs. "I know that he has been targeting on Han Na for a long time, since this school year started. He has been known as the rich playboy here, who could capture five girls at the same time. But, he's too stupid to realize that giving Han Na stuffs and food won't make her to fall in love with him.

"We all know that Han Na is more than that. And I've been observing how you and Han Na interact, and it's safe to say that she's more comfortable around you than around Kai.

"But if he saw your duet with her later, you should act smart. He's really ambitious about girls, so he could basically harm people just to get a girl, so make sure that he won't snatch her from you." Kyungsoo lectures while pointing his fork towards the two humans in front of him.

"I'm pretty sure that our Baekhyun can act smart if he wants to, but if you need us to build a plan against Kai, you're free to include both of us." Assures Chanyeol, patting Baekhyun's left shoulder. "Don't include me. I don't want to get any problems with anyone in the school." Utters Kyungsoo, casually tidying up his tray.

Before Kyungsoo stands up, he mentions, "anyway, just make sure that nothing bad will happen in the future."

-

Last class...

Baekhyun can't help but to think about what Kyungsoo told him about previously at lunch. Mr. Goh's words and lectures seem to be just passing his ears like the winds. Suddenly, the bell rings, meaning that the school hours have come to an end. "Class, I have some announcements for you."

All of the students, who were about to pack up their things, stop their movements. "Please take notice that you won't have school tomorrow. I know that this is a really sudden announcement, but it's because that the head principal is going to hold an important meeting tomorrow and she just told us, the teachers, after lunch. So, enjoy your long weekend." After Mr. Goh leaves the classroom, everyone is busy talking to their friends about what they're going to do tomorrow.

Lu Han, one of Baekhyun's classmates who came from China, turns his attention towards Baekhyun who sits next to him for Science class. "Baekhyun-ah, what are you going to do tomorrow?" He asks. Baekhyun thinks for a while.

"I don't know. I don't have any plans, so maybe I'm just going to stay at home. How about you?" Baekhyun pivots his head so that he could see Lu Han's face.

"Same here. I haven't had enough sleep for the past days, so maybe some revenge on that...?" Just after he said that, Lu Han yawns. "Anyway, I'm going first. Bye!" He waves at Baekhyun, and then Baekhyun replies his goodbye.

After he finishes in packing his stuffs, he walks towards the bicycle parking lots where he coincidentally meets Chanyeol. "Annyeong, best friend!"" Greets Chanyeol with a grin. That gives Baekhyun some shiver to his spine.

"That's too cheesy for guys, Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun retorts. Chanyeol replies that with a small laugh. "Anyway, do you have any plans for tomorrow?" Asks Chanyeol suddenly. Baekhyun shakes his head. "No. Why?"

"Kyungsoo and I were planning on coming over to my house to play games and just hanging out together. You wanna join?" Baekhyun's smile spreads across his face. "Yeah, sure! Just text me your adress and I'll come tomorrow."

Chanyeol grins back. "Okay. Around 10 in the morning?" Baekhyun nods. "Okay!" After that, both of them go home to different directions.

---

Friday, Baekhyun's house...

Baekhyun is now ready to go to Chanyeol's house. He's wearing casual clothes, knowing that there'll only be three of them later.

Turned out, Chanyeol's house isn't that far away. Surprisingly, he lives near Han Na's estate. Well, everything that is related to Han Na is important to Baekhyun right now.

After he checks his bag if everything that he'll need is there, he says goodbye to his mom, as his dad is almost never home, except during special events or holidays, such as Christmas.

He decided that he'll just ride his bicycle as it's not faraway. After a good 10 minutes of riding his bicycle, he arrives in front of a minimalist, cream-painted house.

After he presses the doorbell, a guy with big ears, none other than Chanyeol, opens the gate for him. "You're here! I thought that you would get lost to Busan instead." He greets Baekhyun jokingly, which receives a not really nice expression from Baekhyun.

"Is Kyungsoo here already?" Asks Baekhyun after parking his bike inside the Park House's front yard. Chanyeol bobs his head once. "He literally lives across me, so we kind of always hanging out together during the weekends."

This makes Baekhyun knits his eyebrows together. "How long exactly you guys have been best friends? You two seem to be glued together for some weird reasons." Chanyeol then makes gestures with his hands, indicating that he's counting it.

"Umm... About four years? We went to the same junior high school and we became best friends ever since." Baekhyun just nods his head. "Who is this cute little boy, Chanyeollie?"

They both look up when a , middle-aged woman asks that question to Chanyeol. He looks kind of surprised at first, and then he pushes Baekhyun towards the woman.

Please log in to read the full chapter