Chapter 1

Reverse the Field [EXO Baekhyun's Fanfiction]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's POV

Ugh. I hate moving schools. I just moved to Seoul from Ulsan. I lived pretty much near the sea in Ulsan, and now in Seoul, I live right at the heart of the city. It's super busy here. The reason why I moved here is because my parents' jobs.

I'm not trying to show off or something, but I could say that my parents are pretty rich. Many people have respects on our family. And my parents work in a shipping company together, which requires us to move from one place to another. When I was around five years old, I moved from Korea to Australia for about two or three years. However, because my mom thought that we would be moving to Korea back in a short time, I went to a Korean school, where we talked in Korean for our daily lives, although we studied a little bit about English.

When we went back to Korea, my mom and dad put me in a good local school, with the hope that I'll learn of how to socialize properly and so that I won't have that arrogant personality in me. Well, I don't have that arrogance, but I'm terrible at socializing. Well, the thing is that I don't feel comfortable with too many people, so I prefer to be in a small friendship group, with just 4-5 people in it. But, because of that, many people think that I'm a nerd (plus because of my big glasses). Well, I'm not, because I still can joke around with other people and talk casually around them without stuttering.

I had so many good friends in Ulsan, and now, here I am. In front of the gate of a famous private school in Seoul, Jyucha Private High School. Surprisingly, my parents didn't put me in a local school anymore. That's what I'm scared of. In many private schools, the students have really high standards of friendship and they're too classy and graceful (even for the boys), and I'm not that confident if I can get any friends here. Now I really feel like I'm a nerd.

"You can do it, Byun Baekhyun! No one will bully me just because I'm a nerd! Fighting!" I then walk towards the gate.

"Um, excuse me..." I tried to tap the security guard's shoulder, but he looks super scary. From his eyes, I could see that he doesn't want me to bother him. "Umm, I'm a new student here, and I don't know the way to the school office. Can you help me?"

His expression changes. "Oh, you must be Byun Baekhyun, am I right? Go follow me, please." He then smiles at me. Whoa, does everyone know my name in here for some reason? I just shrug it off. Maybe it's just the system in here to welcome the new students. And I'm moving here at the middle of the semester 1, so they have probably been noticed by the principal that a student will come here at the middle of the semester. Ugh, too much thinking, Baekhyun. I then follow the security guard.

When we reach a huge, wooden door in the third floor, he opens the door for me. "Welcome to the school!" I thank him, and then I enter the room. I look around.

In the middle of the room, there's a set of sofas, probably for guests. In the right side, there's a lady, sitting in front of her computer, with files around her desk. She then looks up at me. "Oh, you must be the new student!" I just nod, and she makes a gesture to sit on the sofa.

"Ms. Oh, the principal, is still in her room right now, I'm going to call her. My name is Baek Ji Young, and you can call me if you need me." She explains and then gives me a warm smile. I just smile back. "Gamsahamnida, Ms. Baek." She then leaves to probably call the principal.

In no time, Ms. Oh comes towards the sofas. I immediately stand up to greet her. "Good morning, Ms. Oh." "Good morning. You must be Byun Baekhyun, am I right?" I just nod. she then makes a gesture to tell me to sit down.

"Okay, Byun Baekhyun-ssi. Here's your schedule for the week. I'm sure you know how our school's system works, right? Well, just to make sure you know, even though you do have a homeroom, you will have rotations for every classes, and you won't necessarily be with only the kids in your homeroom, so it's random. Understand?" I nod. During the explanation, she keeps looking at me to make sure that I understand everything. But I just nod.

"Well, anyway, I have explained everything to you, now you can go to your homeroom class. I'm going to go with you just to make sure that your homeroom teacher would know you're the new student." I smile, and then nod at her another chunk of explanation.

I try to not show my nervousness by hitting my thighs softly. I know it sounds weird, but it somehow relaxes me. Ms. Oh smiles. "Feeling nervous?"

"Yes. I've lived in Ulsan for a very long time, so I'm really unfamiliar with the aura in Seoul." She chuckles at my answer. "That's fine. Everyone experience the same thing as you when they first move here."

We then arrive in front of a cream door, written as "Class 2C". "Well, here we are. Good luck!" She pats my shoulders to calm me down, and then opens the door to reveal the classroom.

The reality is beyond my expectation. I was expecting a quite room with clean-looking kids, but turns out I was wrong. It was pretty noisy inside, the girls are all talking among themselves, while the boys are passing basketball to each other. The teacher is busy marking something, maybe the tests.

"Kids, be quiet!" Commands Ms. Oh. Everyone becomes quiet. "We have a new student here, Byun Baekhyun. Please welcome him!"

"Welcome, Byun Baekhyun." A few kids say that, while the rest doesn't care. Well, this is actually one of my expectations, so it doesn't hurt me that much. "I think you can sit there. It's empty." I nod and bow towards Ms. Oh, and then sit to the empty chair at the back. When I sit there, I notice that in my right side, is a girl that is reading a book, so I don't bother to greet her. When I look at the left, I see a boy with a big smile and big ears.

"Annyeong! I'm Park Chanyeol. Welcome to this school!" He then gives me another big smile. I smile back at him. "Thanks. I'm Byun Baekhyun. Are the kids in here all like this?" I ask him immediately while looking at the rest of the class. He rises his shoulders.

"Well, yeah, probably. Sometimes they're acting too gracefully but sometimes, they're like monkeys. I don't like graceful stuffs, I'd rather be casual like this. Sorry if I greet you too casual at the beginning." He says, but his face doesn't show any regrets.

"Oh, by the way, this is Do Kyungsoo." He says while pointing at the boy who is sitting at the desk in front of him. He has round eyes, some kind of blank-expressionless face, and he's on his phone. "Ya, Kyungsoo-yah! What are you doing, huh? Stalking Amanda Seyfried again?" Chanyeol starts to poke his shoulders.

"Ya! back off!" Says Kyungsoo in a deep tone, and then continues to browse his phone. Chanyeol sighs. "Well, he's like that. But I'm sure that he loves me the most."

"I SAY BACK OFF AND DO YOUR OWN BUSINESS!" Shouts Kyungsoo. I just laugh. I think I'll like it to be here.

I look at my right. "Chanyeol-ah, what's her name?" I whisper to Chanyeol while pointing at the girl. "She? Oh, she's Park Han Na. She's really nice and friendly. But she's also one of the popular kids, so I don't talk to her that often." He grins. I just nod.

"Don't get me wrong though, I'm not a nerd, but I'm not that comfortable to be with popular kids. I feel like my level is not as high as them, but luckily, I found Kyungsoo and be friends with him." He quickly says while trying to hug Kyungsoo from the back. Kyungsoo replies him by giving him an elbow right on his chest. "I'm not your friend."

Suddenly, our homeroom teacher stand up. "Well, kids, it's time to go for your first period. Have a nice day!" We then quickly stand up too and give her a bow.

"Ya, what do you have for the first period? I have Technology and Design class." Asks Chanyeol while peeking at the paper that I hold in my hand. "Ah, I have English."

"You know where you have to go?" I shake my head. "Let's go, I'll go with you."

We then go to a room in the same floor. "Here's your English class. What do you have for second period?" Chanyeol asks. "I have P.E." I answer. He gives me a big grin. "Well, me too! And Kyungsoo. We should go there together. Let's meet in front of your locker later." I just nod and wave my hand towards Chanyeol.

-

Break time...

I stand next to my locker. I then spot Chanyeol's and Kyungsoo's shadows. "Hey! Wait for a long time?" Asks Chanyeol with his usual grin. I shake my head. "Well, kaja! We'll have P.E. on the field downstairs." He grabs mine and Kyungsoo's arms. Kyungsoo looks like he doesn't have any other options, so he gives up on pulling his arm.

-

"That guy right there is our coach, Coach Kim. He's pretty nice." Points Chanyeol to a man who looks like in his late twenties. "What are we studying by the way?" I ask. Right now, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and I are sitting on the seats that are for the audience to watch the game on the field if they have some kind of competitions.

"We are currently studying baseball for quarter 1." Says Kyungsoo, who finally speaks to me. I nod.

"GATHER!!!" Shouts Coach Kim. We all gather in front of him. "Let's play tag in our version for a little warm up, and then we'll continue to practice for baseball." He says. "Oh, a

Please log in to read the full chapter