Chapter 18: Crossed Destiny

Refresh

 

Chapter 18: Crossed Destiny

[Yuri’s P.O.V]

3 months had passed and a lot of things had already happened without me knowing it. We finished the Stuck With You event in 1 week. Who would have thought that a 1 day event could extend to 7 days? Though this wasn’t the experience I imagined 2 months ago before I stepped in Seoul University, it was somehow better and fun than expected. I probably got close to f5 since I spent half of my time here with them. They were fun people. Better than I imagined. Though, Jae is a conceited, bossy and full of narcissism I had found a way to find something fun with him. It was a very nice experience though I didn’t get the chance to be normal. Since after all, making a circle of friends will be better than everything. I started to attend class normally after the Stuck With You events but that doesn’t mean f5 would stop bothering me. I got close with everyone and we finally got rid of the Standard Rule. The school was finally better than the way it was before.

“Will you please give and define one Chemistry Law Ms. Kwon.” Ms. Lee suddenly called my name making me pay attention in our class. Right, who would space in the middle of Chemistry Class. I should stop reminiscing these days. I stood up and looked around. Good thing, I know the answer.

“Avogadro's law; sometimes referred to as Avogadro's hypothesis or Avogadro's principle, is a gas law named after Amedeo Avogadro who, in 1811, hypothesized that two given samples of an ideal gas, at the same temperature, pressure and volume, contain the same number of molecules. Thus, the number of molecules or atoms in a specific volume of gas is independent of their size or the molar mass of the gas.” I confidently explained and stared at Ms. Lee. She just stared at me and lifted a brow.

“Example?” She added. Geez, she still wants more?

“As an example, equal volumes of molecular hydrogen and nitrogen contain same number of molecules when they are at the same temperature and pressure, and observe ideal gas behavior. In practice, real gases show small deviations from the ideal behavior and the law holds only approximately, but are still useful approximation for scientists.” I continued my earlier explanation and beamed at her. I saw her sigh and remove her eye glasses in her eyes.

“Good. Take a seat.” I took a seat and took a deep breath. I glanced at Kibum who was seating beside me and giggled.

“As expected.” He said shortly and paid back his attention to the discussion.

--

Chemistry was over and I was on my way to Philosophy, one of the most boring subjects I ever had.

“Yuri-ah!” A familiar voice called out for my name and looked back and saw Khun.

“Hey! Long time no see!” I chuckled and slightly punched his arm as soon as he arrived in front of me.

“Yup. The guys misses you especially Minho and Yunho.” He chuckled along earning a forced smile from me.

“Geojitmal. Okay then, I’ll visit you if I have free time.” I patted his shoulders and beamed at him.

“So you came here to tell me that or you visited Yoona?” I gave him a teasing smile and poked his waist.

“Yah! Stop saying things that doesn’t make sense!” He shouted, looking really shy. I chuckled at the way he reacted. Khun became one of my closest friend, he confessed to me that he liked me at first but quickly added that it’s part of the past now and he likes Yoong. We got closer since he would stalk me and ask things about Yoona which is sweet.

“Anyway, I came here because appa calls you in his office.” He shifted to another topic to hide away his shyness. His appa? Principal Horvejkul?

“Wae? Did I do anything wrong?” My eyes widened as I crossed my arms. Is it the payback for getting rid of the Standard Rule?

“He didn’t say anything about disobeying the rules. But he said he needs you there.” Khun shrugged. I bit my lip, did I do something wrong?

“When?”

“Right now.” He lifted his brows and pulled me out of nowhere. I did want to resist but he was too strong for me. I was nervous to see Principal Horvejkul. Since, I rudely answered his attacks when we were getting rid of the Standard Rule.

--

“Here we are.” Khun stated as we stopped in the door of his dad’s office. I took a deep sigh. You can do this Kwon Yuri! Hwaiting!

“Don’t be scared. He won’t eat you.” Khun brushed my hair and opened the door for him. I gave him a nod and smile and entered the room. I saw the same luxurious office and Principal Horvejkul on his table; his hands were intertwined as he smiled at me. I gave a bow before I took a step and sat at the couch in front of him. To my surprise I sawYoong.

“Yoong?” I gasped upon seeing my best friend smiling at me.

“Annyong~” She waved her hand and beamed.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her and blinked my eyes twice.

“You see Lady Kwon. You two are called for a special seminar in Japan this coming Wednesday. Your appa, told me that you have to be there as a representative of the Kwon Corporations. You don’t have to worry since most of the people attending there are teenagers like you.” Principal Hoverjkul suddenly spoke earning my gaze and attention.

“Ye?” I blinked my eyes twice as I stared at the old man in front of us. Special seminar?

“I know you’re not a fool Lady Kwon. You’ll leave tomorrow. You don’t have to be worried in your grades since you are officially excused. Besides, as far I am concerned I heard you are doing really well in your classes though they say you doze off most of the time. Your straight A’s are impressive.” He stated while I just nodded innocently.

“Araso.” I shortly replied and beamed.

“Then you’re coming too?” I suddenly remembered Yoong and faced her. She cutely nodded.

“Japan’s Top Model and the daughter of Im Group wouldn’t miss those events.” She chuckled. I beamed out of happiness. Good to know she’s there!

“Great!” I exclaimed as we cuddled each other. I looked down on my wrist watch 12:3opm. I can still catch up with our Philosophy class.

“Gwanjoongnim, thanks for informing me. I have to leave now.” I stood up and beamed at the old man. He just nodded and smiled back.

“Kamsamneeda.” Yoong and I said in unison as we vanished before his eyes.

--

“Yah. You’ll ride with me tomorrow araso? I don’t want to be alone in that big plane again.” I chuckled as soon as we got out.

“Aiiigoo~ As expected, the daughter of Kwon Corp. had her own private jet plane. I would be honored to.” She poked my forehead. Just then, I heard a vase fell on the ground making me turn around. Was someone eavesdropping? I quickly went to the origin of the sound and saw nothing but a broken vase. My brows met, there are ghost in the middle of the afternoon?

“Creepy. I never knew this school had ghosts.” Yoona stated as she hugged my arms. I laughed at her reaction; she was really a good actress.

“Yah don’t lie. I know you love this stuffs.” I brushed away her hands into my arms.

“Anyway, I’ll leave now. See you tomorrow.” We hugged each other before we parted ways.

--

3pm. It was the end of the day for the students and for me. I was in the parking lot ready to leave when I suddenly remembered the F jerks, I haven’t seen them In days now. I chuckled and stepped out of my car. I decided to head to their hideout and visit them before I leave tomorrow.

“Hey jerks.” I greeted them as soon as I stepped inside their hideout.

“Yuri-ah!!!!!!” Taec ran to hug me as soon as he saw me. I stopped him through poking his forehead.

“Right.” He chuckled at sat back in the couch.

“Hey foolish mortal. Finally missed the God? Or you missed seeing the beauty?” Jaejoong smirked, sitting in his throne as his feet were topped on the table in front of him.

“No but I missed your stinky feet.” I chuckled as I sat beside Minho in the couch.

“I don’t have stinky feet! That’s yours.” He got up and pointed at me. I looked away and pretended I didn’t hear him.

“Yah KWON YURI! How dare you ignore the almighty Kim Jaejoong; the Gods of Good Looks?!” He quickly added upon seeing my reaction.

“Majayo, How dare I ignore the not-so-almighty Kim Jaejoong; the Gods of Narcissism and Egotism?!” I attacked back giving him a sly smile.

“You’re dead meat!” He shouted.

“Bingo! It’s the 500th time you said dead meat now! Chukkahamnida~” I clapped and .

“Yaaaahhhhh!” He shouted and clenched his fist. I bet he’s really pissed right now.

“Jae, calm down. I told you if you’ll let her tease you, you’re just giving her victory.” Taec stated as he punched the table, acting like his couch. Jae nodded and got back in his seat. They are seriously funny.

“Noona, I missed you.” Minho blurted out of nowhere earning my gaze.

“Geojitmal. Stop calling me noona!” I chuckled as I pinched his cheeks.

“I’m telling you the truth noona.” He pinched me back, emphasizing the word noona.

“Yah! Stop doing horrible things such as that in my territory!” Jaejoong suddenly blurted out earning my attention.

“Wae are you jealous?” I stared at him, teasing him. And as expected he gasped out of disbelief and stated;

“You kidding me?! Over my dead y body!” Bingo. I got it.

“y body? You’re a walking skeleton! And if you’re a hot guy why would no one date you properly?” I attacked him, earning another smirk from him.

“yah! I started working out these days! No one would date me because they can’t match up with my standard! You see there is a Golden Rule in Gods. You could only date a c0-God if you’re a God.” He reasoned out, making me laugh. Seriously, his golden rule is ridiculous!

“Then date Gyuri! She tells everyone she’s a Goddess.”

“She’s an impostor! She can’t even match up with that worthless looks of yours!” He shouted again, making excuses. Well it’s pretty true. Though Jae brags and all he doesn’t have anyone really special. I pity him for that.

“Are you praising me?” I pointed at myself and chuckled.

“No! Since what I’m trying to say is you’re ugly and she’s uglier!” He blurted out another childish statement. The rest of the guys tried to hide their laugh while Yunho who was seating in the window caught my attention. He seemed like dozing off.

“Hey Yungoo~” I greeted him as soon as I stood beside him.

“Hey. It has been a long time since we saw you. The guys are loud again.” He said plainly and gazed back outside.

“Long time? It’s only 2 days.” I chuckled and brushed his hair.

“2 days is too long for me.” He said, still wearing his plain tone. Was that supposed to be a cheesy line? I really don’t get him at times.

“Shinja? Oh well, it seemed like your dozing off.” I shifted to another topic, giggling.

“I’m jealous.” He plainly said as he looked at my eyes for a split of seconds and gazed back outside. I frowned. Jealous? What does he mean?

“You’re what?” I chuckled and leaned in the wall.

“Never mind.” He said plainly while I just grinned. Though he’s my childhood friend, I still can’t get him at times. He actually remained the most mysterious f5 member for me.

“Noona!” Minho called out for me out of nowhere.

“Ye?” I turned my head into him and blinked my eyes twice.

“I have something to tell you.” He excitedly told me, inviting me to seat beside him. I stepped my left foot and was about to go to Minho when Yungoo suddenly tugged the sleeves of my top.

“Wae?” I turned around and looked at him.

“Do you like him?” He blurted out. My brows met upon his question. Him? Who’s him?

“Ye?” was the only thing I could response. He slightly smiled and said..

“Nothing. Just go to Minho.” I nodded and held his hand for a moment before taking another step. His hands were cold as ice.. I took off my thoughts before I smiled and took a seat beside Minho.

“What is it?” I beamed and looked at his puppy-like eyes.

“Remember the fact that I told that I liked a girl?” He stated, wearing a bright grin.

“What about her?” I widened my eyes and smiled in surprise.

“Well, I’m planning to confess to her since I can’t take seeing her with another guy. You see, maybe if I confess to her she would stop going to other guys.” He said persistently locking his gaze to me. For a moment, I felt confused. I didn’t know why but it sent off a different feeling. Like, there’s a secret message behind it.

“You’re being too possessive.” I chuckled and pinched his cheeks once again.

“Yah since when did you like a girl?!” And Jae butted in again.

“Right. I never heard something about you, liking a girl. It’s unfair for us. Why did she have to know it first?!” Taec ranted and stood up to punch the wall. And his drama .

“I thought we’re your hyungs!” He sniffed making me chuckle out of disbelief.

“You know what? You should start acting.” I blurted earning his attention.

“I should?!” He brightly grinned, point at his self as he faced me. I nodded and beamed at him.

“I knew it!” He jumped and clapped before getting back to his seat.

“I’m good right?! Yuri-ah you’re the best!” He continued to celebrate grinning.

“Yeah. You could star at a National Geographical channel; A Living Monkey; New Human Species.” Jae laughed at his own joke, making him look like a fool.

“You know what you could be featured there too. Psychology; King of Narcissism Series.” I prettily smiled at him as Khun gave me a hi5, making him gasp out of disbelief.

“Yah! If I would be featured there, they would make a documentary about living Gods!” He brushed his chin, making me smirk. He is the most conceited person I’ve ever met.

“Anyway Yuri-ah, what made you visit us?” Khun shifted the topic to avoid Jaejoong from bragging.

“I told you earlier. She missed the presence of a beauty.” Jae stated confidently.

“I missed the presence of the conceited man.” I chuckled as I drink the glass of juice in front of me.

“So you just missed us noona?” Minho giggled as he intertwined his hands.

“Actually yes but I also came here since I would like to tell you I’ll be gone for a week.” I beamed and looked at everyone.

“Shinja?” Taec questioned and I gave him a nod.

“Us too noona.” Minho stated. And it was my turn to say..

“Shinja?”

“Ne. We’ll be leaving for some business trip.” Business Trip? Crap. They can’t go to the seminar same as mine!

“You?” Khun suddenly asked me, catching me off guard.

“Me? Uhhh Busin—Aniya, Fam—Family trip.” I managed to say as I stuttered.

“Geojitmal.” Khun blurted out, making my eyes widen.

“I guess we’ll see each other next week!” THANKS TAEC! That saved me!

“Ne. We’ll see each other next week.” I beamed as I decided to stand up. I have to leave before they start to dig in.

“Or tomorrow.” Khun mumbled. Does he know something?!

“I have to get ready for tomorrow. Annyong~” I waved goodbye and vanished before their eyes before Khun says something. I left without any words and went to my car as fast as I can and headed to my house.

--

The night was already deep yet I was awake.. Thinking about the things I left at Tokyo.. Narsha unnie told and informed me everything that was happening in Tokyo while I spent my days here in Korea.. And most of the news doesn’t sound good.

“Yuri-ah.” I heard my door creak. I saw Narsha unnie, smiling at me.

“Unnie. It’s late now. Why are you still awake?” I blinked my eyes twice as I sat in my bed.

“I heard your leaving for a seminar tomorrow.” Unnie calmly stated as she sat at the end of the bed. I gave her a simple nod and smiled.

“Are you leaving for good?” She gave me sudden question.. Making me gasped..

“Aniyo unnie. I think I’ll stay here for a while.” I said as I played with my fingers.

“Yuri-ah, you know that I wouldn’t want you to leave ne? But you see.. Your family needs you in Tokyo more than anyone right now.. Your Jiyong oppa called the other day asking if you can come back there soon..” She said as she caressed my back while I just looked down..

“Kunde unnie.. I still want to feel the fact that I’m a teenager. After going to that university and met some people.. For once, I felt like I grew up too fast that I already forgot how to have fun..” I bitterly giggled and bit my lip.

“Hajiman Yuri-ah.. You’re no ordinary teenager.. And you know that right?” Unnie calmly comforted me, moving my hair behind my ear.

“I’ve never felt this free unnie..” I bit my lip.. I know I’m being selfish right now.. But.. I’ve never felt this happiness before in Tokyo.. I was locked up in the room full of books not toys.. I only stare at the children playing outside through the window.. I should meet their expectations and always be the best..

“You know unnie.. Whenever I would feel depress way back in Tokyo.. Butler Takahashi would just say ‘It’s because you’re the daughter of Kwon Corp’ Whenever I would commit mistakes.. They would never say Gwenchana Yuri-chan, you’re only a kid.. They’re like treating a 19-yearold a 25-yearold.” I didn’t want to cry a single tear but it was relentless.. I know I’m the daughter of Kwon Corp and all.. But after all at the end of the day.. I want to be someone.. Someone who isn’t labeled as the Kwon’s Corp Daughter.. I want to be Kwon Yuri.. The girl who travels around the world.. To reach her dreams..

“Gwenchana Yuri-ah.. You’re only a teenager..” Narsha unnie beamed and hugged me.. I cried in arms and slowly fell asleep..

--

10am. I was on the Seoul National Airport waiting for Yoong to arrive. I was in my private room.

“Yuri-ah!!!” Finally, she arrived. I stood up and ran to hug her.

“Yah let’s have fun around Japan after the seminar araso?” She beamed as she excitedly told me.

“Sure. I would love to! But wouldn’t Mori-san get angry at you?” My brows met. Yoona’s like me.. She was labeled as the Im’s Group Daughter at first.. But luckily.. She was able to break free and fly.. Chasing her dream of being a top model.. Of course it was rough for her at first.. But she told me after going through the rough road.. The feeling of flying in the wide blue sky would be the best feeling you could ever had..

“Kajja!” She cheerfully said as she pulled me. We arrived at my plane and saw my usual Japanese air force staffs. I smiled and bowed at everyone.

“Welcome aboard Yuri-sama and Yoona-sama.” They said in unison and bowed.. And now, I’m back to my old usual world.

“No need to be so formal.” I casually told them and smiled. I turned around and look up in the sky to feel the fresh air of Korea.

I’ll be back.” I mumbled and beamed.

“Yuri! f5’s across our plane.” Yoona whispered as she poked my waist. My eyes almost popped out because of her sentence and quickly stared at the plane in front of us. And, CRAP! Taec and I had eye contact. I quickly looked away and stepped inside my plane.

“I made eye contact with Taec.” I knocked my head as I took a seat in the middle.

“Yah. You don’t have to worry. You know Taec’s kind of stupid. I’m sure he’ll think of it as if it’s a dream.” Yoona patted my shoulders as she took a seat beside me. But still, there could be a chance that they found out! Damn.

“You can’t hide this forever from them. Besides, they have been close friends of yours. Why are you scared to tell them anyway?” Yoona chuckled as she took a drink of the orange juice in front of her.

“What if they’ll suddenly change upon knowing my identity?” I curved my index finger and used it to cover my mouth.

“Them? I don’t think so.” Yoona gave another chuckled and placed her headphones on her ear. This seminar wouldn’t be simple as I thought.

--

A/N: *drum rolls* EVERYONE~ This chapter 18 after ages of waiting! Haha. I hope I didn't dissappoint. This is my comeback~ Anyway, there are few chapters lefts before the ending. Bear with me till then~ Hwaiting! Happy Reading! COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!~