Memories

Will You Wait For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ah!”

“Ouch!” the girl fell down as he bumped into someone.

“Are you alright? I’m sorry, I didn’t notice you. Here, let me help you.” Siwon said lending his hand.

“Thank you.” She said grabbing his hands. “My books,” she said seeing her books scattered on the floor.

“Let me,” he said picking up her things and gave it to her.

“Thank you.” She said with a sweet smile that blew Siwon away.

‘Wow! She’s so beautiful’ he thought.

“Uhm…I need to go now.” She said as she noticed that the guy was staring at her and was about to walk away.

“Wait!”

 “Yes?” she turned around.

“Uhm…I-I’m Siwon…Choi Siwon.” He introduced.

She smiled. “I know.”

“Huh?!”

“You’re the famous athlete in our school. Who won't recognize you?”

“Is that so?” scratching his head with a shy smile.

“I’m sorry, I really need to go.”

“Wait!” she turned again. “Uhm…can I know your name?”

“Yoona…Im Yoona. Major in Fashion Design.” Then she turned around.

“Yoona, we’ll be participating in the District championship next week, can you come to watch?”

“Hmmm…I’m not sure, but I’ll try. So I’ll see you around and nice meeting you, Mr. Choi Siwon.” She said with a teasing smile and then walked away.

“Nice meeting you, too. I’ll see you around.” Siwon said with a smile while watching Yoona walking away.

He felt his heart beats faster while she was talking to her and doesn’t know what to say in front of her. He was just mesmerized by her beauty. If time would just stop while they were talking. He never felt like this before. This was just the first time meeting a girl and feeling this way. He felt he was in heaven and have seen an angel.

“How was it? Do you have her number?” Sungmin asked wrapping his arms around his cousin’s neck.

“Her number! I forgot!” he exclaimed.

Sungmin sighed, “Ya! How could you forget to get her number?” he scolded.

“I got blank, I don’t know what to say, it’s like my lips got stuck while I was talking to her…I really don’t know.” He explained.

“Aish! I can’t believe this!”

“Well, I was able to invite her to our District Championship next week.”

“Pray hard so that she’ll come!” Sungmin said and left him in the hallway.

---

At the District Championship at Mokdong Stadium, Sungmin and Siwon is seriously preparing at the field where they are both a participant in 800m Middle –Distance Event. Jessica and Tiffany, their classmates and friends, who also went to support them, were both seating at the bleachers with the other students who also went to support their school’s representatives especially Siwon who is so popular with his looks and his athletic skills which brought their school to enter District Championship.

While Siwon and Sungmin was doing some stretching and warming up wearing a sando and shorts, revealing their firm body, Siwon keeps on looking at the bleachers, hoping that Yoona would come.

“Siwon! Siwon!” Sungmin called.

Siwon turned to his cousin, “Why?” he asked.

“She’s here! She came!” he said pointing at her who’s finding her seat. “Ya! It looks like you really prayed hard.” He said tapping his cousin’s shoulder while Siwon still can’t believe she came which brought a big smile on his face. ”Siwon, you better do well today.”

---

“Is this seat taken?” Yoona asked a girl who greeted her with her eye-smile.

“No.” She replied.

“Can I sit here?”

“Of course!” she said as she offered the seat to Yoona. “You’re also from South Korean University?”

“Well, yes.” Yoona replied with her sweet smile.

“Well, I’m Tiffany, Hwang Tiffany.” She said offering her hand.

“I’m Im Yoona.” She said.

“And this is Jung Jessica, my friend.”

“Im Yoona” she said making a handshake.

“Jung Jessica” Jessica smiled. “What course are you taking?”

“I’m taking up Fashion Design.”

“That’s nice! Actually, Tiffany and I are both taking up business course.” Jessica added.

“So, you’re here to support our school’s representatives for the event? Are you also their fans?” Yoona asked as he noticed that the other students who were seating at their back brought some streamers saying ‘Choi Siwon! Fighting!!’, ‘Lee Sungmin, FOR THE WIN!’ and so on!!

“Actually, we’re not. We’re here to support our friends.” Tiffany explained.

“Sungmin and Siwon, we’re all from the same college.” Jessica added

“So, you’re a fan?” Tifffany asked.

“Not really, Choi Siwon invited me. This is my first time watching this kind of event. I’m not really and athletic person.”

“Really? Siwon invited you?” Tiffany said in shocked raising his eyebrows.

“That’s unusual of him. We’ve known him since grade school. We never saw him hanging out with other people because he’s kind of a shy person. This is the first time we heard that he invited someone.” Jessica said.

“But when Sungmin forced him to join the Track and Field club, he, somewhat, changed, though he really doesn’t like the attention.” Tiffany added.

‘I can’t believe it. He’s the opposite of what I think of him.’ “Really? I thought he’s an arrogant guy because he has this kind of attention.” Yoona said

“Of course not! He’s totally the opposite. Even if he has this kind of attention he’s the same old Siwon we know. The difference is that he is more expressive now.” Jessica said.

Yoona nodded as the game was about to start.

“May we request all the participants for 800m Middle-Distance Event to please proceed to their respective places.” The announcer said.

“They are about to start.” Tiffany said.

Yoona saw Sungmin and Siwon talking to their coach for the last minute reminder and signaled them to go their places. At that time, Yoona was just looking at Siwon.

‘I never though he has a nice body. Ah! Yoona what are you thinking?’she thought while shaking her head.

“Is there a problem?” Tiffany noticed her.

“No-nothing! I’m just thinking of something.” Yoona lied.

“Hey! They’re going to start now.” Jessica tapped Tiffany.

“On your mark, ready, get set…” ‘BANG!’ the gun sounded.

As the athlete’s started to run the crowd went wild cheering for their representatives.

“Go SKU!!!” Tiffany shouted who’s already standing from her seat.

“Go Sungmin!! Go Siwon!!” Jessica cheered while Yoona was just standing and watching with them. All of a sudden she felt nervous seeing Siwon running behind the person who runs on the first place. ‘You can do it, Siwon!’ she thought.

‘No, I can’t be left behind like this. I need to forestall him.’ Siwon thought.

All of a sudden, Siwon passed by the guy in front of him and his schoolmates cheered louder for him even Yoona who wasn’t even fond of sports suddenly cheered for him as soon as he saw what happened. “Whoa! Go Siwon!! You can do it!” she shouted.

As soon as he passed the finish line, his schoolmates shouted louder and so with Jessica, Tiffany and Yoona.

After the game, the girls went down to greet Sungmin and Siwon.

“Congratulations, Siwon! You did great.” Tiffany greeted.

“It’s alright, Sungmin. At least you still grabbed the third place. That’s not bad.” Jessica teased.

“Thanks.” Sungmin replied.

“Yoona, I thought you wouldn’t be able to come.” Siwon said

“My professor is sick so I was able to watch. By the way, congratulations!” she said with her sweet smile.

“Thanks.” He said.

“Guys, why don’t we take a picture?” Jessica suggested.

Sungmin asked one of their water boys to take a picture of them.

“Let’s take a picture of Siwon and Yoona.” Sungmin said.

“Just the two of us?” Yoona asked

“Ya! Sungmin!” he said widening his eyes at his cousin.

“What’s wrong with taking pictures, couz? Come on!”

“He’s right, there’s nothing wrong with taking pictures, right?” Tiffany second demotioned.

“Okay.” Siwon said as he stood next to Yoona.

“Ya! Closer!” Sungmin demanded. “One, two, three.”

“Wow! You look good together.” Jessica complimented. Yoona and Siwon smiled shyly.

“Let’s go somewhere to eat. My treat!" Tiffany said

“That’s a great idea! I’m really hungry.” Sungmin grumbled.

“Me too,” Tiffany exclaimed “Yoona, why don’t you come with us?”

“Me? No, thanks. I might ruin your celebration.”

“Of course, you won’t! After all, we’re friends now, right Siwon?” Sungmin looked at his cousin who’s still stunned with Yoona.

“Ah, ye-yes, Sungmin’s right. You can come with us. It won’t bother us at all.” Siwon said taking a glance at Yoona.

“Okay, I’ll come with you.” She said making an eye contact with Siwon while sending her sweetest smile.

“Alright!” Sungmin exclaimed and together they leave the stadium.

---

At the restaurant, Sungmin and Siwon sat beside each other while the girls are on the other side of the table. Siwon was acting unusual which was noticed by his friends.

“Ya! Choi Siwon! Why are you so quiet? You usually would tease Sungmin after the game. This is so not you.” Jessica said.

“Huh? Am I like that?” Siwon said, surprised at what his friend revealed.

“YES!” his friends exclaimed while Yoona giggled looking at Siwon who’s scratching his head and brought laughter in the group.

“So, Yoona,” Tiffany started while looking at her seatmate, “Can I ask? What do your parents do?”

“My Dad owns a clothing line but not that big. That’s the reason why I took fashion design. I want to help him and besides it also became my passion – designing and modeling.” She said having no signs of being uncomfortable with them.

“That’s really nice! I also dreamt of being one but I don’t know. Well, maybe I’m a more business-minded person.” Jessica complimented.

“Admit it! You’re not good at arts especially drawing.” Sungmin added.

“Hey! Will you stop embarrassing me in front of Yoona.” Jessica said angrily.

“Just ignore them, Yoona. Siwon and I are used to them fighting, so just ignore them.” Tiffany winked at Yoona.

While Yoona continues to chat with Tiffany, Jessica and Sungmin, Siwon was just quietly staring at Yoona. When Yoona looks at him, he suddenly looks away.

‘She’s so beautiful…’ he thought.

Suddenly Yoona’s phone rang, “Hello?” she answered.

“Where are you? Have you forgotten? We have a date tonight?” the man on the other line asked.

“Oh, I almost forgot! I’m sorry! Don’t worry; I’ll be there in fifteen minutes. Bye.” She said hanging up her phone and looked at them. “Guys, I’m sorry. I had to go now. I forgot I had a date tonight.”

“You already had a boyfriend?” Sungmin asked and then looked at his cousin who was also looking at her.

Yoona laughed at what he thought, “I don’t have a boyfriend. It was just my Dad.” She said that made Siwon relieved that it was just her Dad. “I really have to go now. I really had fun today. Congratulations again to the both of you.” She stood and bid farewell to her new found friends.

“Hey! Siwon!” Sungmin said elbowing his cousin.

“What?”

“What are you doing? Go and get her number!!”

“Huh?”

“Faster!! Get her number before she leaves!!”  Sungmin pushed him off his seat and Siwon followed his cousin’s instruction and chased her.

Outside the restaurant, while Yoona was still waiting for a cab to arrive, Siwon was behind her.

“Yoona, wait!” he shouted.

“Yes?” she turned.

“Um…can I… get your number?” he asked showing his phone.

Yoona smiled and took his phone and typed her number. “Here.”

“Tha-thank you.” Siwon said giving her a shy smile and was staring at her.

“Uhm… Siwon…is there something wrong with my face?”

“Huh?”

“I noticed, while we were eating, I always caught you staring at me. Is there a problem?”

“Huh?! Nothing!” Siwon waved his hands, “Oh! A cab!” suddenly changing the topic and waved at the cab. The cab stopped in front of them and Siwon, being a gentleman, opened the door for her.

“Take care.” He said.

“I’ll just see you at school.”

“Bye!” he said then closed the door. He smiled happily as the cab left. “I’ll see at school…my Yoona♥!” He was happier seeing Yoona than winning the first place earlier.

After that night, Siwon had started texting and calling Yoona. They would also hang out with his friends – eating together at the cafeteria, studying at the library and the likes. They have gotten closer in such a short span of time. Yoona told them that she had difficulties having friends in their class and that she was very thankful that she met them because before she would always be alone.

One day, after their class, Sungmin treated his friends in a pizza parlor near the school. They were chatting and talking about some stuffs when  Yoona, who was seating beside Siwon, suddenly interrupted.

“Guys,” she said, “I may not be able to hang out with you for a few weeks from now.” She sadly added.

Silence occurred. Siwon was just looking at her when she said it.

“Why?” Jessica asked.

“I will be participating for Inter- Collegiate Fashion Designing Contest a month from now. I will be busy preparing for the competition so we will seldom see each other.” She continued.

“Yoona, you really made me nervous. I thought we will not see each other anymore. I thought you’re leaving Korea.” Sungmin said with a sigh of relief.

“Of course not! I just need time to focus on my work. I hope you’ll understand. Don’t worry; I’ll still keep in touch with you, guys. It’s just for a month.”

“Can we watch? Please?” Jessica begged.

“Of course, I’ll just inform you when I had already bought the tickets. I would like you to be there.”

“We’ll be there to support you, right, Siwon?” Tiffany said looking at Siwon who was zoning out.

“Ye-yes… of course…we’ll be there.” Siwon said faking a smile and avoiding Yoona’s glance and just continued eating.

They noticed it was getting late so they decided to go home. Sungmin decided to go with Tiffany and Jessica to take them home who were just neighbors while Siwon was left with Yoona. Sungmin insisted that he should take Yoona home as it was getting late.

While they were riding the bus, they sat beside each other but Siwon was just looking outside the window and there was just an awkward silence between the two.

The bus went to its last stop where the two went off. There was still an awkward silence while they were walking.

“Siwon,” she called wanting to break the silence between them.

“Hmm?” He responded turning his head to face.

“Is there something bothering you? I’ve noticed, since we left the pizza parlor, you were just quiet.”

“Ah, that? Don’t mind me, I’m just not in the mood to talk right now.” He said faking a smile.

Yoona stopped walking, feeling disappointed at what he said.

“What?” he asked.

“I though, we’re already friends? Why don’t you tell me what‘s bothering you? You know that out of the four of you, you’re the one I’m closest to.” She said giving Siwon a sad look.

“Yoona,” he said not expecting she would respond that way. He sighed and looked down because he doesn’t have the courage to tell her the truth.

Yoona sighed, “Alright, if you really don’t want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter