My First Day of Work

Will You Wait For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Seohyun entered their house, Sooyoung was standing in behind the door like she was about to interrogate her friend.

“Where have you been?” Sooyoung asked.

“I told you, it was an emergency. Please, don’t get angry at me.” Seohyun pleaded, “…and I’m really tired. I wanna go to my room.”

Sooyoung held her arms and pulled her to the living room, “You’re not going anywhere until you tell me why you didn’t came.” She said as they sat down the couch.

“Sooyoung…”

“Now, tell me where you have been and I’ll let you go to sleep.”

“You really wanna know?” Seohyun sadly said which made Seohyun more curious, “I went to Mrs. Cho’s grave…”

Sooyoung was shocked hearing her words, “She…”

“Yes, she died last week when we were having our group study for the exam.” She sighed.

“I’m sorry…I didn’t know…”

Seohyun smiled at her friend, “It’s alright…I’m alright…” then she stood up and went to her room while Sooyoung was left alone.

---

Next morning was the start of their winter vacation as it also started to snow a few days ago so it was cold inside their apartment where Sooyoung and Seohyun live. Sooyoung woke up at around nine in the morning. She went out of her room still wearing her pajamas and went to the sink to wash her face. When she sat down to the dining table, she found a piece of paper in top of the plate the covers her breakfast, she supposed. She took and read it.

Sooyoung,

I’m sorry; I forgot to also tell you the other night that I also got a job that’s why I left early. I left you your breakfast and lunch. I’ll be home before dinner…

Seohyun

“She is a very busy girl.” She said and ate her breakfast.

---

Kyuhyun, who was still lying in his bed, was woken up by the delicious smell that surrounded the house. He went out of his room to find the source of that delicious smell until he reached the kitchen. He saw a tall, white-skin girl, with her hair rolled into a bun, though her hair wasn’t laid down like before, he still recognized her.

“And what are you doing here?” he arrogantly asked

Seohyun turned around to her surprise.

“How did you enter in my house?”

“I…entered through the door, probably?” Seohyun said.

“Huh! Very funny…I mean, how did you know my door’s passcode?”

“Ms. Jessica told me.”

“What?” He left a disappointed sigh, “I really can’t stand this…” he turned around and took his phone from his pocket and dialed Jessica’s number.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Didn’t I tell you that hire a housekeeper but not HER? When will stop doing this?”

“If you want me to stop doing this, then find your own housekeeper. I’m a busy person and I don’t have time to find you one. Do you understand?” Jessica said knowing that Kyuhyun won’t even dare to find one.

Kyuhyun sighed, “Okay…I understand.” He said and ended the call.

“Is that Ms. Jessica?” Seohyun asked.

Kyuhyun just stared at her and sat down to eat his breakfast, “I’m not in the mood to answer your question.” He took his chopsticks and was about to take a bite when he noticed that Seohyun was still standing and watching him eat, “Do your job…don’t watch me eat. I hate it.”

“Ms. Jessica told me that I need to make sure you finish your meal every time.”

He leaned on his chair in annoyance, “Are you kidding me?”

“No, I’m not.” She said with an innocent expression.

“This is insane…”

“So you can eat comfortably, I’ll just read a book so you won’t be conscious that I’m looking at you.” She said taking a seat in one of the chairs in the dining table.

“What’s the difference? You’re still here.”

“Then bear with it.”

“What?”

“I mean, you’ve got to deal with it. I’m sorry, but I’m just following rules.” She smiled and continues to read her book.

Kyuhyun let it go and ate his breakfast. After a few bites, ‘this dish…it tastes like grandma’s dish…this is delicious…’ he thought and looked at her who was still reading her book.

After a few minutes Kyuhyun stood up without any word and left Seohyun in the kitchen. Seohyun looked at his plate and was surprised that it was all empty and it made her smile. She took the plates and started to wash the dishes. After she washed the dishes, she also started to clean the first floor. While she was cleaning, Kyuhyun went down from her room, who had already took his bath wearing a shirt with a cardigan on top and a brown khaki pants.

“What’s your name again?” he asked.

She looked at him and replied, “Seo Joohyun,”

“Seo Joohyun?”

“Yes, but I prefer being called Seohyun, that’s what my parents call me. That’s my nickname.”

‘Where did I hear that name? Ah, never mind…’ “Seohyun, I would like to state to you my three rules in this house,”

Seohyun looked at him attentively as he was about to tell him the rules.

“…first, don’t ask me about anything; not about me or my personal life, we’re not friends. Second, don’t move anything from this house. I want it as is. Do you understand?”

“Ye-yes…”she nodded.

“And lastly, don’t you ever enter the piano room even if I’m not home. Enter every room of this house, even my room but not my piano room, do you understand?” he asked.

“Yes,” she nodded again.

“I think you’re an intelligent person so I won’t repeat it. You can continue what you’re doing.” He said and left her in the living room and entered the piano room.

Seohyun just looked at him until he entered the room. She knew that behind the tough image he’s been showing to her is a sad and lonely person who’s longing for the people he loved the most but can’t be with them because they’re too far. She also felt the pain he’s feeling because she’s also lost some people she dearly loved but she never felt she was lonely and sad however, she tried her best to be a strong person and brave for herself and for her parents to be proud of her, but for his case, it’s a big difference. He needs help. He needs to know that there are many people who care for him.

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Cho, I’ll take care of him, like I promise. Even if our first meeting was not good, I’ll try my best to understand him and bring him back the way he used to be like you always tell me.” She told herself and continues to clean the house.

 After cleaning the first floor, she then proceeded to the second floor. It consists of three rooms; one on the left side, which was Kyuhyun’s room and two rooms on the left side which are vacant. It also has a mini entertainment room and a terrace which made her a bit curious because the curtains were closed that wouldn’t let the sunlight to come in. So, she shoved it open and was delighted to see the sunlight into the dark and sad house to lighten it up. She continues to sweep the floor and wipe the dusts from the furniture from the two vacant rooms and proceeded to her boss’s room. It was a bit messy and so dark. All the curtains were closed that made Seohyun frown at the atmosphere. “Why does it have to be dark in here?” So, she also opened the curtain at his room and started to tidy up the place. She cleaned his desk and computer which was on the left side of the room. She also tidied up his bed and then went to his walk-in closet and saw that the clothes were everywhere. It looks like he had a hard time choosing his clothes for the day. After she cleaned his closet, she went inside his bathroom and gathered his dirty clothes and was about to go out of his roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter